Owners

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
They all add up to less than Onyekuru + Pickford, yes.

Please leave the personal insults out, it gets incredibly tiring.
Sigh, you're like the guy who thinks they know everything, but absolutely knows nothing. I call it as I see it, you don't like it then don't bother posting incorrect information.

The Pickford fee is condition, as always, same with the Keane fee. So they aren't as high as the press reports.

75+15+10.6+8+1+1.5+.5 = 111.6
45+25+25+23.6+20+27+7+5.2+10=182

I missed the Tosun one of the first go, but even still it's not that significantly higher than the rest of the EPL, we're talking 5mill above Brighton. You know, recently promoted Brighton.

Sigh, you're like the guy who thinks they know everything, but absolutely knows nothing. I call it as I see it, you don't like it then don't bother posting incorrect information.

The Pickford fee is condition, as always, same with the Keane fee. So they aren't as high as the press reports.

75+15+10.6+8+1+1.5+.5 = 111.6
45+25+25+23.6+20+27+7+5.2+10=182

I missed the Tosun one of the first go, but even still it's not that significantly higher than the rest of the EPL, we're talking 5mill above Brighton. You know, recently promoted Brighton.
Pickford would have met appearance clauses. If you want to be finicky though then that's fine I guess I'm sorry for talking up your financial clout.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Pickford would have met appearance clauses. If you want to be finicky though then that's fine I guess I'm sorry for talking up your financial clout.
You realise that Moshiri is actually in the bottom half of the EPL for net worth. He's also worth less than a few Championship owners.

Pickford appearance clauses also probably include England caps.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
it really does depend what owners do with the team. mike ashley is valued at nearly 4 billion dollars and barely spends a dime. brom have a consortium valued at about 6 billion and are going down. barnsley have owners adding up to 9 billion and are going down to league 1. in fairness though those figures are fairly speculative.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
it really does depend what owners do with the team. mike ashley is valued at nearly 4 billion dollars and barely spends a dime. brom have a consortium valued at about 6 billion and are going down. barnsley have owners adding up to 9 billion and are going down to league 1. in fairness though those figures are fairly speculative.
Agreed. I remember reading Joe Lewis is the 2nd richest owner in the league a few years back but he runs the club with it needing to be sustaintable and he has never dipped that far into his own pocket

:)
b14fd805e6a68e650c020360cb622829.jpg

How would you know if it's true or not? People who know a lot more than you or I have stated people would be shocked at how much he is a acutally worth.

Just going off your debt levels and the manner in which you won promotion. But yeah you could be right, the articles I've read on him are fascinating.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just going off your debt levels and the manner in which you won promotion. But yeah you could be right, the articles I've read on him are fascinating.

From what I've been told by someone with pretty good knowledge of Bloom and the club, what's reported is only a 1/4 of his true worth.

Thus I said could, not would.

It was obvious from his initial taking over of the club he was all about building a sustainable club for the future, not have it as a billionaires play thing.

He just purchased a second team in Belgium, which may be his play thing.

Lol yep. I still think we should do a punting club with us next season haha. Be hilarious (depressing) to see the outcomes.

Haha I'm already in two. Doing decently at least.

Owners worth doesn't mean a lot. How much of it he is willing to spend, and how much he will be permitted to spend under the current rules is.

Then you have to look at things like location, stability, status of club, marketability etc.

If Bloom (for example) decided to spend his fortune he still wouldn't get A Listers straight away.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If Bloom (for example) decided to spend his fortune he still wouldn't get A Listers straight away.

You got Tevez, Adebayor and Kolo Toure in your first full season under Mansour and signed Robinho the year before when CFG were owners for literally 5 minutes. And in 2010, despite missing out on UCL football to Spurs, you still signed Yaya Toure, WC winner David Silva and UCL winner Mario Balotelli (along with Boateng and Dzeko). Monaco splurged on Falcao, James, Moutinho, Abidal, Carvalho and Martial as soon as they got promoted from Ligue 1.

If you have money you will get A-listers straight away.

You got Tevez, Adebayor and Kolo Toure in your first full season under Mansour and signed Robinho the year before when CFG were owners for literally 5 minutes. And in 2010, despite missing out on UCL football to Spurs, you still signed Yaya Toure, WC winner David Silva and UCL winner Mario Balotelli (along with Boateng and Dzeko). Monaco splurged on Falcao, James, Moutinho, Abidal, Carvalho and Martial as soon as they got promoted from Ligue 1.

If you have money you will get A-listers straight away.

City also have a bit more history and higher profile rivals than Brighton.

Back