Competitions Gold Coast Suns 2018 Fantasy/SuperCoach/DreamTeam Thread

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Where did rosa play his footy last week and if it will change going foward do u see him as being a big kicker?
Didnt play, i think his role is between wing and half back. I wouldn't touch him in any format by the end of the year he wont be in 22.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any idea when we'll see Will Brodie in the seniors?
At this stage seems to be behind a few as an inside mid. Unless he develops some flexibility he wont be playing unless injury or form hits. Currently behind lyons, swallow, fiorini, miller and barlow.

rimb

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
At this stage seems to be behind a few as an inside mid. Unless he develops some flexibility he wont be playing unless injury or form hits. Currently behind lyons, swallow, fiorini, miller and barlow.
Thanks.

Surely they'd play him ahead of Barlow? Or is Barlow just getting some match fitness in the NEAFL rather than having kids played ahead of him?

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Thanks.

Surely they'd play him ahead of Barlow? Or is Barlow just getting some match fitness in the NEAFL rather than having kids played ahead of him?
Dew seems like a 'best available' kind of guy regardless of age. at the moment Barlow is the exclusion that proves the rule. we assume Barlow would come in before Brodie, but then again, we also don't understand why Barlow isn't playing already.
I don't think there's any 'play the kids' mentality around the suns at the moment. only 2 of 5 of 2016 draft have played this year, and 0 from last years draft.

Fiorini? What type of roll is he playing and how have the fans seen this season?

The main reason I would want hiM is due to his 17th in the league at kicks which seems crazy

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Fiorini? What type of roll is he playing and how have the fans seen this season?

The main reason I would want hiM is due to his 17th in the league at kicks which seems crazy
has taken up a lot more midfield time this year with the absence of gaz. previous seasons may have been more forward and wing, but definitely more in the grunt of it this year. really good user of the ball, and has had some decent games.

playing really well, and unlikely to lose his spot in the side if he keeps his form up. i've definitely noticed an improvement in his game compared to previous seasons, didnt know he was 17th in the league for kicks! pretty good.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gday guys, thoughts on Scheer and Ballard, can they hold their places in the team? Having guys who play throughout the byes are like gold.

Seen that Scheer is a second year player also who had a taste last year.
I doubt it with may and lynch missing hold off an GC players until after their bye as its a big stretch expecting them to stay in the best 22 for 6 weeks.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I doubt it with may and lynch missing hold off an GC players until after their bye as its a big stretch expecting them to stay in the best 22 for 6 weeks.
May, Wright and Lynch coming back would affect a Crossley type though surely, as they're all talls.

Ballard and Scheer are smalls/mids aren't they? So not as many out with injuries in those roles? Hall and Barlow can't get games for example?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
May, Wright and Lynch coming back would affect a Crossley type though surely, as they're all talls.

Ballard and Scheer are smalls/mids aren't they? So not as many out with injuries in those roles? Hall and Barlow can't get games for example?
Crossley will probably go out when lynch comes in but what about may? Barlow injured, lonergan injured, fiorini injured brodie and hall beating the door down to get back into seniors. 5/7 of those blokes will be back into team by rd 11-12. Scheer and ballard wont fit. If your looking for players to play through the bye its a very very risky pick.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams

Yeah, I reckon Scheer and Ballard play until GC bye and not after. Also Ballard is tall think Mark Blicavs

rimb

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Ainsworth to see more midfield time with Fiorini out for a while?

Senior List
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
So the consensus is that crossley will be dropped when lynch comes back which will be 3/4 weeks?

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So the consensus is that crossley will be dropped when lynch comes back which will be 3/4 weeks?
might even be next week if 2MP is back, but does depend on if Dew wants to play 3 tall forwards or 2 and drops Day to defence or out of the team

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
might even be next week if 2MP is back, but does depend on if Dew wants to play 3 tall forwards or 2 and drops Day to defence or out of the team
I can't see 2MP back before bye. I watched him against Canberra when he played 3 qtrs and he was long way off. He could not mark anything, his tackling was also suspect. He did a bit of ruck work in 3rd qtr.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
[AFL Fantasy] Is Hell's Homeboys someone on here? or just an autofill random cause we couldn't/didn't fill the league?
Don't mind me i just like to know who im playing each week :D

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Aaron Hall worth a pickup in a draft league?
If free....maybe. his role in the team this year has only resulted in 80ish scores as he is required to be more defensively minded. However he could very well have a blinder if played in the guts and allowed to attack.

Back