Media SFA Purge Night - Purge Part 3 Coming Soon.

Should the SFA hold an annual purge night?

• Total voters
When I first started my illustrious SFA career three seasons back it was a very different place.

It was a lot more vibrant and a lot more antagonistic. The place had a real angry energy to it and I fear over the past couple of seasons political correctness has taken over and spoiled a part of the game that I love. I believe Steve Waugh called it mental disintegration and in golf it is known as the 15th club, the hardcore mind games that really get under peoples skin and ultimately cause a good old fashioned melt down.

I look back with joy at some of my initial ‘engagements’ with the likes of BRAB (prior to his lobotomy), brahj and even Elton Johns Wig a few times. It was no holds barred rough housing at it’s finest. We need to bring this aspect of the game back to truly ascertain who is the best in the league.

Now I realise this is not everyone’s cup of tea and there are many that just like the nice vanilla banter that is these days seen as a good thread. Well I say * that, we need to bring back the angst.

For those who are familiar with the movie ‘The Purge’, I am going to make an impassioned plea to our great administrator and leader, Cloud_, to listen to the people and introduce the SFA’s first ever Purge Night.

On this night there are no rules. You can call out any campaigner that gets under your skin and go your hardest. No formalities or niceties, just calling a spade a spade and a campaigner a campaigner.

I have produced a poll at the top that will illustrate how the good folk of the SFA are thinking and I believe that in the democratic league that is the SFA that Cloud_ should implement what the people want.

I would encourage everyone in here to vote and then create their purge list, I will post mine in good time.

So who’s in......make it happen Cloud_

I look forward to the first ever SFA purge night.

the-purge-2013-pics-images-photosjpg.jpeg

Mar 13, 2007
The Nation's Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC, CFC, 76ers, Oilers, Roys FFC
I don't think its political correctness gone mad (to quote my fav AM broadcaster) i just think a few season back people put more thought into their antagonizing for the most part. now it's just you cuck, you flog, suck s**t, you're the worst etc. baseline angry bants.

This thread is non Qooty based. Therefore belongs in landfill.

Ps... I'm good at hide and seek, you wouldn't be able to find me

It is absolutely Qooty based and is addressing a huge part of our great game that is lacking.

Please leave and take your soft utensil with you.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
When I first started my illustrious SFA career three seasons back it was a very different place.

It was a lot more vibrant and a lot more antagonistic. The place had a real angry energy to it and I fear over the past couple of seasons political correctness has taken over and spoiled a part of the game that I love. I believe Steve Waugh called it mental disintegration and in golf it is known as the 15th club, the hardcore mind games that really get under peoples skin and ultimately cause a good old fashioned melt down.

I look back with joy at some of my initial ‘engagements’ with the likes of BRAB (prior to his lobotomy), brahj and even Elton Johns Wig a few times. It was no holds barred rough housing at it’s finest. We need to bring this aspect of the game back to truly ascertain who is the best in the league.

Now I realise this is not everyone’s cup of tea and there are many that just like the nice vanilla banter that is these days seen as a good thread. Well I say **** that, we need to bring back the angst.

For those who are familiar with the movie ‘The Purge’, I am going to make an impassioned plea to our great administrator and leader, Cloud_, to listen to the people and introduce the SFA’s first ever Purge Night.

On this night there are no rules. You can call out any campaigner that gets under your skin and go your hardest. No formalities or niceties, just calling a spade a spade and a campaigner a campaigner.

I have produced a poll at the top that will illustrate how the good folk of the SFA are thinking and I believe that in the democratic league that is the SFA that Cloud_ should implement what the people want.

I would encourage everyone in here to vote and then create their purge list, I will post mine in good time.

So who’s in......make it happen Cloud_

I look forward to the first ever SFA purge night.

View attachment 495319

Who even are you?

you've been here like, two seasons and you're acting like a 10 season veteran..

Thank you for supporting my idea Cloud_, when can we announce the date for Purge Night?
Yeah go for it. Should totally start a expression of interests thread in the club room. :thumbsu:

As long as BF terms are still followed and Chief doesn't come yell at me.

It is absolutely Qooty based and is addressing a huge part of our great game that is lacking.

Please leave and take your soft utensil with you.
Take a look at the last 3 blokes that tried to play the antagonist card. You should remember them vividly, they were your teammates after all. Didn't bode well for them

Take a look at the last 3 blokes that tried to play the antagonist card. You should remember them vividly, they were your teammates after all. Didn't bode well for them

Thank you Mother Theresa.

It's not so much the antagonist card, it's who plays it.

You need to be a truly top notch poster to successfully pull off the villain character, otherwise it turns to a complete s**t show.

Whoop de doo give this bloke a medal :rolleyes:

Know your place sunshine, you've contributed nothing to this league and you think you have rights to analyse and criticise.. How about take a back seat and let the adults run the ship.

Thank you Francesco Schettino.

I don't understand why I keep being tagged in these media threads despite basically being inactive for the entire season.

Do you all really look up to me that much?

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
On a serious note, I am not against the idea but I think things still need to be in line with bigfooty rules....

I also don't think being an antagonist automatically means you are a bad person or that you will be banned either...There are genuinely good antagonists in the league who have managed to play the villain without going too far.. Noobz0r is a good example here.

This place certainly does need it's villians..Just not Haro/D2D like villians or BRAB of s23 like villians.

On a serious note, I am not against the idea but I think things still need to be in line with bigfooty rules....

I also don't think being an antagonist automatically means you are a bad person or that you will be banned either...There are genuinely good antagonists in the league who have managed to play the villain without going too far.. Noobz0r is a good example here.

This place certainly does need it's villians..Just not Haro/D2D like villians or BRAB of s23 like villians.

Cloud_ we now have two votes for.

Back