Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
If we can replace him with a KPP such as Lynch it would be less painful, but at the moment he's our biggest hope going forward.

If it eventuates, I have very little idea as to what Sydney will give us. Feel like they owe us on the Murray trade!
Probably get aliir if he requests a move or maybe we just draft him

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
If we can replace him with a KPP such as Lynch it would be less painful, but at the moment he's our biggest hope going forward.

If it eventuates, I have very little idea as to what Sydney will give us. Feel like they owe us on the Murray trade!
We'll give you the future second round pick back.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kidding yourself, stick to league like all the other brain dead nuffies in Sydney

niceee melt for this time of morning.

let him go for the swans first round pick which is great value atm,an throw the coin at de goey.

moore is levi casboult 2.0

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

How do we owe you? I mean Murray has cemented himself in your best 22 and is an attacking weapon for you guys. You ended up paying massive unders for him.

I don't know what Moore is worth personally as it is really hard to judge. Based on actual performances a 3rd rounder seems appropriate, but based on what the Swans are drafting him for, and what Sydney and Collingwood would hope he would become he is worth a lot more than that.

lollol

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
NT
AFL Club
Sydney
Kidding yourself, stick to league like all the other brain dead nuffies in Sydney
If Tom mitchel uncontracted is worth pick 14 in a rubbish draft. This guy is not worth a first in a good draft. I mean look at the guys performance/stats, he is unproven. But certainly worth a punt for a second.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unless he takes a big step this year you are effectively paying for potential. So far he’s spent his first 50 games being a 1 and a bit goal 9 possession player. If he kept that up this year would be a later first rounder at best.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
How do we owe you? I mean Murray has cemented himself in your best 22 and is an attacking weapon for you guys. You ended up paying massive unders for him.

I don't know what Moore is worth personally as it is really hard to judge. Based on actual performances a 3rd rounder seems appropriate, but based on what the Swans are drafting him for, and what Sydney and Collingwood would hope he would become he is worth a lot more than that.

I don't want to go into it too much because Collingwood fans are typically so divided on the topic that it can easily derail a thread. However, let's not forget that Murray was on your rookie list and not getting opportunity.

We'll never know if he was actually going to be put onto Sydney's senior list before we came knocking.

Was he worth a second round pick? At this stage, yes. Should we have paid that? Probably not.

Probably a smart move by the Swans with Blakey nominating them. He will be bid on before their first pick so use their first to trade for Moore, and pay for Blakey with 2 2nd round picks.

Probably not bad thinking. Maybe we gave Sydney the second round pick for Murray knowing that this was probably already coming.

Our top NGA/FS prospect in Isaac Quaynor is currently projecting as a 20+ selection whereas Blakey is firming for top ten, possibly even top five.

We will use Sydney's pick (let's say pick 12) whereas Sydney probably won't.

Of course we could've given them Moore in the first place, but we would've have Lynch yet ;)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Probably a smart move by the Swans with Blakey nominating them. He will be bid on before their first pick so use their first to trade for Moore, and pay for Blakey with 2 2nd round picks.

If Blakey was bid on at #6 (quite possible, potentially even lower), they would use every pick in the draft (As it stands 28, 29, 65)

Their 2019 second round pick would be pushed back to about the 5th round as they would be in defecit.

So essentially (28,29,65, 2019 #25-30) for Blakey & 2019 #83 approx.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Blakey was bid on at #6 (quite possible, potentially even lower), they would use every pick in the draft (As it stands 28, 29, 65)

Their 2019 second round pick would be pushed back to about the 5th round as they would be in defecit.

So essentially (28,29,65, 2019 #25-30) for Blakey & 2019 #83 approx.

Gee that's a lot to give up. They truly did get lucky with Heeney etc.

That's also provided that they don't trade in any other picks in the trade period.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Gee that's a lot to give up. They truly did get lucky with Heeney etc.

That's also provided that they don't trade in any other picks in the trade period.

That's on the proviso they traded their 1st rounder in a trade like some are suggesting in here.

We are in the same situation with Tarryn Thomas, if we decided he was more than likely going to be picked before our first round pick and if we went after someone like De Goey with our first pick.

Back