Fremantle
LOL, here is some news limited quality

upload_2018-5-11_13-49-9.png

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
I wish people would steer away from Workcover WA and Worksafe WA. Including bloody Whately - reportedly contacting the two govt bodies and determining no claim.

For a start Worksafe WA have nothing to do with this nor will they ever unless their is a safety matter or an injury for them to investigate.

I work in the Workcover WA industry. This club statement makes a few things more clear for those that don’t understand:
Alcock insisted Fremantle has learned from handling the initial complaint, which the Dockers confirmed was presented to the club via a WorkCover WA worker’s compensation claim form in late 2017.”

What has happened is that this claimant sat on the matter for four years. Then the club became aware of it when their Workers Comp Insurer made them aware of the claim submission/claim form. Then the club dealt with it outside WC WA. No WC Insurer will just accept a claim that is submitted 4-years after the incident. Heck many of the Claims I have seen for Rehab were submitted immediately and investigated/pended for an extended time.

So forget referencing WC WA and certainly Worksafe WA.

Can you forward this post to Whatley and Slobbo on AFL 360 pls

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
But there is a video, a tape recording and a witness .There must be a witness.:rolleyes: Lying **cking press dogs.:mad:

The media have gone so hard that you would have thought they had something up their sleeves.

Ironically, if they don't come good with something more concrete now, they will have incurred great reputation loss. Whateley in particular, having humiliated himself with his infantile outburst about Lyon's recruitment by Freo, will have most on the line.

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
I want to see Ross replaced but not under these type of circumstances.

Very interested to see how the players respond tomorrow. IMO if they show up then all is good however if they rollover it will indicate to me that Ross has run his race and has lost the playing group.

Tomorrow is a very significant game for the club.
No, no it's not, just 4 points.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I think this perfectly encapsulates this whole 'saga'. A tweet from a journo quoting another journo quoting a third journo.

The media reporting on the media quoting the media. It's like something out of Inception.

Last edited:
Of course you do. Have a Bex and a lie down for a while.

Nah, I'll leave the Bex to others. I won't be told what to do either just quietly.

Probably because everything you said would happen didn't, you'll be fine mate

I personally still don't think this is over and that we haven't heard the last of it.

In the end it showed nothing new other than the club supports all currently involved. Objectively nothing was learned. I feel Taking anything more positive than "That was professionally run" and anything more negative than "That didn't really amount to anything" is just yours and my projection based on our own biases.

Saying that was strange is pretty strange in itself really (or conversely my own optimism from it)

It was strange me typing it. Watching it at the pub, in the end, all I could think was "What the hell was that?"

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
I think this perfectly encapsulates this whole 'saga'. A tweet from a journo quoting another journo quoting a third journo.

The media reporting on the media quoting the media. It's like something out of Inception.

Haha the Gerard Whately bit at the end is equivalent to: “Skeletor says He-Man wants to leave Castle Grayskull.”

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I liked that
upload_2018-5-11_15-0-9.png
posted "Bombshell from @SammyHeraldSun..."

Couldn't he have just said "The muppet in the cubicle next to me reckons that weasel Whateley is running his mouth again".

The truth is 99% of what these d1ckheads write is rumour and assumptions. They aren't sport reporters, they're scandal mongers. It would be interesting to watch a game of footy with them and see if they actually know anything at all about the game.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
That press conference was just strange to be honest.

I have the weirdest feeling after listening to that.

I personally still don't think this is over and that we haven't heard the last of it.
So after a week of nothing but third-party tweets and rumours based off "supposed happenings" in which nothing has come to light AND the ONLY factual evidence to back it up is that it was resolved years ago... PLUS a press conference of our entire board saying they back Ross because it's nothing and the AFL claiming nothing is going on...

YOU STILL THINK something is going on? You're either a troll, an imbecile, or more pessimistic than anyone I've ever met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back