Autopsy Round 8 2018 Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will I’ll be very tough because it’s at the SCG and Freo will get down and dirty in the trenches

They also like that style plus they have the best mid in the comp atm

Freo like it dirty

Mate.... the biggest problem is the majority of our supporters don’t acknowledge players that play roles / eg; the hewetts, Cunninghams even towers of this world yet they are so bloody crucial to structure
Mate? Clearly, you don’t like Punts! That’s so disrespectful, but I digress. He does play a role, absolutely he does, he plays one good game when he needs to and that’s fine, because depth is what you need and he’s extremely good depth at that! He played a good game.

Really wanted Robinson to do well tonight but again he showed that he can't step up from the slower pace of the NEAFL to the quicker pace of the AFL. Newman would offer more in the same role - wing/forward.
Agree, he just doesn't take the step up. Got a few out and Robbo will be relegated to depth again.

Cunningham as Grim pointed out had probably his best game and I thought Florent did as well, he has great skills and a footy brain.

Liking our transition to a fast side and many of these quicker players like Florent, Hayward and Ronke have real footy smarts which you can't teach.

Pity Jordan Dawson is injured as reckon he would add something different to our best 22, another with footy smarts.

On Mills, time to introduce him mid/fwd and backfill with Newman or O'Riordan.

Futures so bright, gotta wear shades!

Great win. I thought for sure we were in for another close loss to them but you could really see they just don't have the players who can stand up any more and drag them over the line.

What can you say about Ronke? To some extent he was lucky to be on the end of a few but to have 10 tackles as a forward is massive and exactly what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing in the Parker report

Zak Jones was brilliant, breaking lines, running off half back
Parker's impact was huge, thought he was our best mid
Hewett did a fantastic job on shutting down Mitchell
Florent and Hayward gaining consistency which a great sign

Makes such a huge difference when we actually take chances in the forward line

Was a little worried about the influence Sicily had on the game

Yeah, your alter ego just snuck in here and ****ed your post right up!:think:

How good was impeys shimmy around Smith

I thought smith did everything right and stuck to him well and he got around him somehow then hit Gunston I think it was lace out

Heeney has lifted his game this year what a legend but losing sight of the 1%rs at times. Unbelievable talent back him to fix those things.

Parker dug deep and whilst he comes in for some criticism you have to say he stood up in a high pressure game tonight when it counted did not go missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back