Autopsy Round 8 2018 Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

We need Rampe back into 2016 form

Get another tall in to free him up

The backline had it hard tonight. The ball was coming in so fast. In the first half Reg was having heaps of problems with Roughie. no matter who was on Gunston they were in trouble. First he saw off Rampe who was a bit vanilla, maybe he should look at curbing some of his social life, then tore Mills apart. Mills is not used to following a dangerous, high marking, elusive, experienced forward around.

There were other concerns in the first half but they corrected in the second half. Lloydy got well on top of Bruest after he'd been very dangerous in the middle two quarters. What's more Lloydy hurt them on the way back. He played a sensational 100th. If not for Ben Ronke's heroics he would have been BOG by a long way.

The young blokes in this team believe in each other. Tonight Florent got 25 and was outstanding.

Clarko was very complimentary but then said we get away with blue murder at times blocking and highlighted Roughead then not getting one.

On one hand I mean stfu

On the other good on him sticking up for his club, I was hoping we might raise similar issues we fall victim too.

Also to be fair he praised the swans and gave them full credit

Hi guys, congratulations on a terrific win.

I produce starting midfield stats (at each centre bounce - 3 inside mids + 2 bounces) to assist in a fantasy comp I run, but thought this year Big Footy posters might be seeing interested in these as every club has young players fans would like to see getting more midfield time. I'll be posting them for FTA games this season, if people are interested.

So here are Sydney's from last night - FYI: nothing after the number means all their starts were as an inside mid, the rest should be pretty straight forward - solely wing or a mixture of both roles.

Parker 20
Cunningham 20 wing
Florent 18 wing
Kennedy 14
Heeney 12
Robinson 11 (6w, 5i)
Jack 10
Hewett 9 (1w)*
Jones 3 wing
Papley 2
Ronke 1 wing

* Whilst Hewett tagged Mitchell, he mostly didn't start with him in the square

And here are the ruck stats for the match:
Sinclair 23
Towers 1

The reporting of Luke Parker is a joke. All he did was what a player is supposed to do and taught to do from a young age. He braced for contact and went for the pill. His hip accidentally came into contact with Jarman Impy's head because the latter had recklessly lead with his head. for crying out loud you mugs this is Aussie Rules not soccer or basketball. For *s sake stop being a whole lot of limp stamen and get real. This should be a free and that is that. The umpire who reported Parker should be ashamed to call himself an Aussie Rules umpire.

The reporting of Luke Parker is a joke. All he did was what a player is supposed to do and taught to do from a young age. He braced for contact and went for the pill. His hip accidentally came into contact with Jarman Impy's head because the latter had recklessly lead with his head. for crying out loud you mugs this is Aussie Rules not soccer or basketball. For ****s sake stop being a whole lot of limp stamen and get real. This should be a free and that is that. The umpire who reported Parker should be ashamed to call himself an Aussie Rules umpire.

Probably get a week the way the league is

Clarkson has just guaranteed further scrutiny to Rampe and Grundy.

Coaches talking about umpiring is creeping back in. Chris Scott gets to say what he wants by saying we have to be careful here in what we can say then proceeds to say it anyway. Simpson on Nic Nat and MRP.

Either it's ok to criticize umpiring and every coach should get their say or not then it needs a please explain to Clarkson.

Said are you ok, ronkes reply, I don’t know how to get out onto the ground

Our master coach, showing Ronke how to get onto the ground turned out to be the match winning move. ;)

I just want more Belichick's and Popovich's where they hate the media and will call out media stupidity whenever they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate that whiny crap. One of the things Longmire consistently gets right is giving the media absolute donuts.

Usually agree but I think the club needs to be vocal on some of the bs

Clarko was very complimentary but then said we get away with blue murder at times blocking and highlighted Roughead then not getting one.

On one hand I mean stfu

On the other good on him sticking up for his club, I was hoping we might raise similar issues we fall victim too.

He should point the finger at Langford not the umpires clear free against not compareable to Grundy and Rampe.

Guy coaches blocking on the mark (which didn't work for them) he forgot to mention Gunston jumper holding to milk a free.

Rohan pinged for unrealistic attempt (fair enough) Gunston exact same thing Play on

Florent was sensational after quarter time all over
I think reg is actually back at his best
Mccartin will be good
Hayward is great
Parker stood up and lead us home
Jones is sensational at the mcg especially , he takes it on and so does Ollie

Negatives
Jack is a concern he is a liability
Robinson can’t play
Papley looks like he tries to be flashy sometimes just occasionally
Mills is out of form
heeney was costly at times but he is a bit positive at others

On one hand I mean stfu

Clarko is funny...hawks are the best at blocking. Look at what they do whenever opposition take a mark. He plays great mind games to deflect attention.

Florent was sensational after quarter time all over
I think reg is actually back at his best
Mccartin will be good
Hayward is great
Parker stood up and lead us home
Jones is sensational at the mcg especially , he takes it on and so does Ollie

Negatives
Jack is a concern he is a liability
Robinson can’t play
Papley looks like he tries to be flashy sometimes just occasionally
Mills is out of form
heeney was costly at times but he is a bit positive at others

Usually agree but I think the club needs to be vocal on some of the bs
To what end? After COLA and the trade ban, you think the AFL's gonna respond posititively to any Swans whinging? They're just as likely to double down on screwing us. Our coaches should stick to worrying about the s**t we control. The way the Scott brothers particularly carry on in the box and at pressers is a total embarrassment.

Absolutely stoked with the win. Ronke 7 goals! Wow. Geez umpires have/are killing this game though, some of those decisions were just diabolical! Its just feels good to beat those hawks though and the look on their supporters faces. Took me back to after 2012 GF, seeing grown hawthorn supporter men crying in the car park

I'm a little bit disappointed in the lack of childish trolling of Tom Mitchell in this thread. 20 touches of nothing. Lift your game Swans fans!

Horse epic trolled him pre-game.

When asked if he would tag Tommy , he said something like Tommy will get his usual 20 possessions...then brilliantly hid what was an epic troll with...that's what players who get the ball from the bottom of a pack do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back