Review Round 8, 2018 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Don't mind the loud crash from Brisbane. PFK has fallen off the wagon. Bloody hell.

What a tease this team is.

I honestly think tonight wasn't that bad.

We're frustratingly close to being a good team. Cut out the turnovers and we win.

We're competing in games off the back of the kids. The worm is starting to turn long term.

Holy * though, short term, things seem bad. Those turnovers still exist right now and whilst we butcher the ball it's hard to see where our first win comes from.

Abysmal game. The scoreline flattered us. Not enjoyable at all. A good team wouldve slaughtered us.

Well, our "young and promising team" just got proven to be out of date by a younger and more promising team.

Really poorly umpired too. Not one sided. Just horribly inconsistent.

I really want to persist with Cutler...Maybe Im a fool...Maybe I thought he could be a Yeo clone...But nah.

So Hipwood, Culter, Lewis, Christensen?, all out and just...yeah dunno.
Cutler was ok.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Simple as our midfield getting smashed for 3 quarters. Forwardline was quite good apart from Hipwoods kicking and backline was good apart from Eagles’ constant mistakes.

Out: Bundy, Eagles, Bailey

Bundy has been terrible all season. Needs to find form and perhaps the right attitude. Eagles possibly the worst 28 year old to ever play AFL. Bailey can work on stuff in the twos. Has been impressive but we can’t carry him. Squizzy only survives because he played well against the pies.

Ins: hard to judge based on the opposition this week and the bye. Keays seems next cab off the rank. Bastinac could play Bundys role. Mayes could come back in.

9CAE5314-E06F-4C55-A5C9-A43480B30121.jpeg

4A211ABB-A3CD-4E7F-95F6-E8A5246FC719.jpeg

Have made the call and will know in the next 24-48 hours. It’s a genuine possibility and if they offer $400-1 or there abouts, I’m definitely going to put something on it.

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the knocks on Bundy are a little unfair, the bloke has had 2 years out with injury. At another club he would've spent 4 weeks in the 2's to get his s**t together before playing in the big league.

EurekaKid

All Australian
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Red Sox
Coach killing turnovers, poor shots at goal. Nothing wrong with our game plan. More output from senior players and the wins will come.

Thought we looked more dangerous with Big O in the ruck.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
We’re improving, and our young kids are jets.

It’s just now that our mistakes are now the difference between wins and losses as opposed to the difference between 40 point losses and 80+ point floggings in previous years.

More frustrating for years no doubt, but it’s building slowly no matter how much you want to punch our players in their face.

Darkest before dawn etc... melt away if you must though.

Formula 1 qualifying from Barcelona coming up on Fox Sports 6.

Have fun.

Back