2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

scaryness, someone, anyone! Please correct the spelling in this thread title. It's messing with my head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very hard worker, loved by the swans coaches. Contested ball winner. 180cm and only 73kg. Played lots of neafl last year including the grand final. Bit of a Joel Selwood type.
Sound great. It’s always good to have the young kids playing in the senior sides. It seems to prepare them properly for the afl standard. Interesting!

FWIW, Swans Academy boys in the Allies squad:

Joey Reinhard
Josh Stern
Zak Cameron
Kyle McKellar
Nick Blakey
Josh Rayner

NFI if any of them are good other than Blakey though.

FWIW, Swans Academy boys in the Allies squad:

Joey Reinhard
Josh Stern
Zak Cameron
Kyle McKellar
Nick Blakey
Josh Rayner

NFI if any of them are good other than Blakey though.

Ive read good thing about Rayner. He is not draftable until 2019 iirc.

What a joke. 6 from the swans academy. 6! And they came second.
The gws sucked and even they got more. The dislike of Sydney kids continues.

It could be our structures were better than other teams.

Not something to complain about as it may allow some kids to go under the radar.

It's not always a matter of who are the best kids will get picked but often a case of the best available. You never know but some Swans kids could have been approached and they declined saying they'd prefer to focus on studies?

Absolutely correct. Where the hell is Wicks for example? Also, and I’m going to have to be careful how I say this, there are boys who, while undoubtedly very good, do seem to be getting first class treatment over other boys of comparable talent.

How gws got 11, yes 11 in the squad when they were crap is simply amazing. I know why because they are from recognised afl areas. There is still a long way to go until Sydney athletes are taken seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back