Are Fremantle a troubled club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I'll be surprised if it's anything that drastic.

My guess is it'll be "we're all in this together, mistakes have been made but lessons have been learnt. Support the individual, challenge the behaviour, yada, yada, yada."

I expect Ross to coach this weekend.

You were spot on with your prediction

So am I the last person to have surmised that Macquarie Network journalist, Shane McInnes is driving this 'smash Lyon at all costs' push. Forget about a 'woman scorned'. Much more frightening is a journalist scorned. And sadly, he has connections to 6PR and 'The Age'. Surely the Bomber Thompson story is more important than an event at a Christmas party from five years ago!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think he's that brilliant Val.
It's a journalist 'sniff blood' thing;then they've got the manners of school sharks.
If it 'bleeds it leads'.
This time around, in the absence of a bleeding carcass they tried to create one to feed on.

You could be right though, Shane might be the Great White Hunter.
Whateley was certainly circling.

I don't think he's that brilliant Val.
It's a journalist 'sniff blood' thing;then they've got the manners of school sharks.
If it 'bleeds it leads'.
This time around, in the absence of a bleeding carcass they tried to create one to feed on.

You could be right though, Shane might be the Great White Hunter.
Whateley was certainly circling.
Thanks scon. I have asked Jane Marwick directly on Twitter who was the Melbourne journalist she mentioned in today's paper. Very unusual for a journalist to be unnamed, unless they don't want the connection to be made. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect that the journalist may not want their name in print because not everything they've been spreading has turned out to be true.

And in effect the club threw down the challenge at the press conference on Friday, if you have a greivance then bring it to us or the appropriate authority. No excuse now for trial by media.

The Jane Marwick article says : So it is interesting to note Melbourne’s The Herald Sun stated: “Sources have further claimed that attempts by the family to speak to AFL chief Gillon McLachlan about concerns over its probe have been rejected.”

I'm finding it hard not to feel like the complainant was happy to take the settlement amount and sign the NDA and then wanted to have another go. If the issue is with the AFL then why has RTB been the target. This whole thing has a stench around it and I don't think it's coming from Cockburn.

The AFL conducts an investigation into how the original complaint was handled and settled by FFC.

Gillon then refuses to discuss the probe's findings or shortcomings with the family.
Doesn't seem likely to me.

I suspect that the journalist may not want their name in print because not everything they've been spreading has turned out to be true.

And in effect the club threw down the challenge at the press conference on Friday, if you have a greivance then bring it to us or the appropriate authority. No excuse now for trial by media.

The Jane Marwick article says : So it is interesting to note Melbourne’s The Herald Sun stated: “Sources have further claimed that attempts by the family to speak to AFL chief Gillon McLachlan about concerns over its probe have been rejected.”

I'm finding it hard not to feel like the complainant was happy to take the settlement amount and sign the NDA and then wanted to have another go. If the issue is with the AFL then why has RTB been the target. This whole thing has a stench around it and I don't think it's coming from Cockburn.
100%
The whole #metoo movement and general vibe of raising awareness around sexual harassment towards woman has seen what I have always thought is an opportunistic attempt by the complainant/family/lawyers to try and milk this for more money, hardly unsurprising

Last edited:
100%
The whole #metoo movement and general vibe of raising awareness around sexual harassment towards woman has seen what I have always thought is an opportunistic attempt by the complainant/family/lawyers to try and milk this for more money, hardly unsurprising
#metoo is overall a good thing though, cant discredit the whole movement because a few people exploit it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've all disappeared into holes in the ground.
They really are a special species.

In the news cycle I don't think last week happened.

Amazing how such a red hot topic is now yesterdays news, nothing, nada, zilch

That little squirming turd Whately has not even mentioned Freo since Friday, didn't even have the cojones to address the workcover issue he got wrong

Kudos to the club on how the press conference was handled. A massive middle digit to Hardie, Whateley, Crumpet and the others who were happy to pile on knowing the club wasn't in a position to retaliate.

This had nothing to do with seeking justice, and everything to do with campaigners trying to settle a few scores.

Amazing how such a red hot topic is now yesterdays news, nothing, nada, zilch

That little squirming turd Whately has not even mentioned Freo since Friday, didn't even have the cojones to address the workcover issue he got wrong
Hopefully somehow my post on all things WorkCover WA made its way through to Twatley. The moment he spoke about the subject he sounded like a complete Goose. As if WorkCover would even give him any such completely confidential information.

Let me guess re: Fanta pants that the sounded out replacement coach was Sumich. Also a poster on here with close connections to Sumich made it clear he had not at all had any contact from anyone to do with Fremantle.

I caught a few mins on Sat morning sports talk with Crumpets and Fanta pants and both were going on and on about this topic and how it won’t go away until the club deal with the problem child coach. Could they be any more obvious.

Squiggle pegs us to finish at 12 on the ladder, we ended up 14th last year. Squiggle thinks we will improve our percentage from 74.4% last year to 92.8% note: Squiggle is more reliable than reading entrails and is not to be misunderestimated.

https://live.squiggle.com.au/#

W L D %
10 12 0 92.8

Can the wheels be falling off if we are improving? Media hype vs actual results - and the wisdom of squiggle.
Yes the dialogue and agendas being peddled by some in the media (Hardie, Watters, Haselby etc) that there is something fundamentally wrong at Freo is absurd and annoying. After 8 games we are 4 and 4 which is about where most of the realists on this board would have expected us to be. The reactionary reporting is disproportionate to the actual position and is entirely about sensationalising what is a predictable position overall. The boys are making incremental improvements and doing what a young team will most often do. They are playing well for periods and dropping off at other shorter times at home. This is the reverse on the road so far as a whole bunch of the guys get used to how things are different when they travel and how they need to respond to the challenges of doing so.

All of this is predictable and expected but apparently that doesn’t sell newspapers or generate ratings nearly so much as latching on to performances on a week to week basis rather than taking a wider view of the position and seeing the incremental improvements. Stick 2 Hills, Walters, Wilson, Taberner and say Griff Logue and Darcy back into the team and we will be better and will start to win the odd road game. I don’t think it will change the narrative though.

I am both hopeful and confident that when the improvement really starts to happen it will be steep and we will get a few good wins unexpectedly.

Squiggle pegs us to finish at 12 on the ladder, we ended up 14th last year. Squiggle thinks we will improve our percentage from 74.4% last year to 92.8% note: Squiggle is more reliable than reading entrails and is not to be misunderestimated.

https://live.squiggle.com.au/#

W L D %
10 12 0 92.8

Can the wheels be falling off if we are improving? Media hype vs actual results - and the wisdom of squiggle.
Squiggle has the Eagles playing off in the GF (which would be awesome but not very likely) and Collingwood in the 8 above GWS and Melbourne. I wouldn't be giving the system too much credit. Melbourne finishing 9th again would be hilarious though.

All those outcomes IMO seem likely
Is this one of your Jedi mind tricks? I'm an Eagles fan. I can see them playing finals and maybe (maybe) sneaking into the top 4 if everything goes right but even I can't see them making the GF. Surely at least one of Adelaide, Sydney, GWS or Geelong will get a good run with injuries come finals and contend with Richmond.

Is this one of your Jedi mind tricks? I'm an Eagles fan. I can see them playing finals and maybe (maybe) sneaking into the top 4 if everything goes right but even I can't see them making the GF. Surely at least one of Adelaide, Sydney, GWS or Geelong will get a good run with injuries come finals and contend with Richmond.

we can see your an eagles fan, and we also have had some experience with squiggle. eagles are very likely to play in gf, but will probs meet Richmond, and then probs get beaten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back