PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
9 goals 3 assists in 25 games (3 of them subs) is a flop? He's scoring or assisting a goal every second game (and has done so against United, City, Spurs and Liverpool). Not incredible stats, sure, but solid enough.

Just because we've gone and bought someone better doesn't mean he's a flop haha. Stupid lot in here.

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
9 goals for a 50mil striker that's probably lost his spot in 6 months isn't good enough.

If he was starting with Auba as a pair or Auba was on the wing with him still up top and was heading towards 20 goals I probably wouldn't have said anything.

Morata has 10 goals, Firmino 11, Lukaku has 12. Lacazette has 9. Same ballpark as the first two.

Like I said - just because the opportunity sign Auba came up, doesn't make him a flop. Really amusing stuff these last couple of pages haha.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think calling Lacazette a flop is harsh but he's definitely been a disappointment so far. Just don't think he's at the level required to be starting at a top 6 club but as far as back-ups go he's a pretty decent, albeit expensive, one.

Ranking the back-up strikers I'd probably go:

Jesus
Giroud
Rashford
Llorente
Lacazette
Ings

I think before the injuries Ings showed more in the Premier League than Lacazette has so far but he's hardly played for 2 years so it's hard to really justify putting him ahead. Will be interesting to see how he goes now that he's back in the fold.

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
15 goals for Swansea last season, he basically kept them up. Kane's just so good that Spurs haven't really needed him.

Llorente has 13 league appearances (12 off the bench) for 1 goal. Rashford has 25 league appearances (12 as sub) for 4 goals. And if we're going off last season then let's include Laca's 40-odd goals.

Laca shits on both right now and it isn't even close.

Carragher on Lacazette: "I can't help thinking that with Aubameyang coming in, there is no way he can form a partnership with Lacazette at all. They both look like penalty-box strikers. I could actually see Lacazette moving on in the summer."

Llorente has 13 league appearances (12 off the bench) for 1 goal. Rashford has 25 league appearances (12 as sub) for 4 goals. And if we're going off last season then let's include Laca's 40-odd goals.

Laca shits on both right now and it isn't even close.
and average minutes played? Off the bench he’d be averaging less than 10’ purely to hold the ball up. That’s the problem with looking just at stats sheets.

Morata has 10 goals, Firmino 11, Lukaku has 12. Lacazette has 9. Same ballpark as the first two.

Like I said - just because the opportunity sign Auba came up, doesn't make him a flop. Really amusing stuff these last couple of pages haha.
RossFC if Firmino, or anyone was playing in the Arsenal team at a slump like we were in, I think they'd struggle to be honest at points.

Lacazette is hardly a flop at all.
Who am I supposed to take seriously in these threads? People say Firmino is a fraud, B grader and despite him being on 19 goals is not even in the top 6 strikers in the league according to some and nobody really went to his defence.

If I'm being harsh on Lacazette then these people are either trolling or being harsh as well and I'm just using their logic.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
didnt lacazette score in his first game too?
Correct. Also should have had a goal on MD2 but was wrongly ruled offside vs Stoke.

Who am I supposed to take seriously in these threads? People say Firmino is a fraud, B grader and despite him being on 19 goals is not even in the top 6 strikers in the league according to some and nobody really went to his defence.

If I'm being harsh on Lacazette then these people are either trolling or being harsh as well and I'm just using their logic.
I've never slated Firmino. I think he's very good, said it in here too I believe, on more than one occasion.

Lacazette is not a flop though. You put anyone up top for us when we were garbage and I doubt they'd do much better.

Think Ross was talking about all comps, which is fair enough given all 6 clubs have competed in 4 competitions.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lacazette has been gash. Can’t believe Goona’s are attempting to deny it. Muppets

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Aubameyang's body of work since Feb has shown he is as good as any in the Premier League. 13(1) appearances for 10 goals 4 assists. Right up there.

Lacazette looks to be a huge flop at this stage.

Lacazette has been gash. Can’t believe Goona’s are attempting to deny it. Muppets

Reckon Lacazette's form in recent weeks has absolutely put this to rest. 32(6) EPL appearances for 14 goals 4 assists. Extremely solid first season in the league - especially in such a poor year for the club.

Carragher on Lacazette: "I can't help thinking that with Aubameyang coming in, there is no way he can form a partnership with Lacazette at all. They both look like penalty-box strikers. I could actually see Lacazette moving on in the summer."

s**t call in hindsight by Carragher. We'll see how things go next season, but he's definitely wide of the mark currently.

Lacazette will be fine. No harm in having two quality strikers in your ranks, as a Chelsea supporter it's a very enviable problem.

Spot on, especially if they can work together (and it appears they can).

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Still question marks around Lacazette. 5 in his last 6 games pads those stats, was 9 goals in his first 32 appearances. Maybe that was because of Aubameyang partnership blossoming or maybe because the heat was off in the season with 4th well and truly out of reach

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Still question marks around Lacazette. 5 in his last 6 games pads those stats, was 9 goals in his first 32 appearances. Maybe that was because of Aubameyang partnership blossoming or maybe because the heat was off in the season with 4th well and truly out of reach

Interesting point. Maybe we wipe these goals off for all strikers when taking performances into account.

Back