Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
He is going at 20 touches and 2.4 a game this year he will go close to AVERAGING 20and3 this year.

Is just a few bags of goals off getting there imo.

He is going at 20 touches and 2.4 a game this year he will go close to AVERAGING 20and3 this year.

Is just a few bags of goals off getting there imo.
Eh I’ll be impressed/surprised if he makes it to 60 goals but if he keeps up his midfield return 50 is impressive in itself.

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Gawn was anything but quiet, dominated the ruck battle and was like an extra midfielder when the ball hit the deck.
Loved his goal running into the goalsquare and beating the two GC defenders.

The fact Hoges covered more ground than any other player to half half time and then finished with 3 last quarter goals should not be underestimated.
Huge tank for his size. Guuuuuun!
Yeah I said in the matchday thread that Hogan and TMac would kick plenty in the second half. Was wrong about TMac but they'd both been running the GC defence around all day, and they're bound to cause trouble late for any tired defence throughout the year given how fit they are

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah I said in the matchday thread that Hogan and TMac would kick plenty in the second half. Was wrong about TMac but they'd both been running the GC defence around all day, and they're bound to cause trouble late for any tired defence throughout the year given how fit they are
Both represent a nightmare matchup. You either follow your man and end up rapidly knackered - or let them potter off upfield without you, but knowing that they are likely to sneak back and you won't be in position in time.

I would like our whole team to become marathon endurance ready, and circle around randomly for entire games just to freak out the opposition.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Both represent a nightmare matchup. You either follow your man and end up rapidly knackered - or let them potter off upfield without you, but knowing that they are likely to sneak back and you won't be in position in time.

I would like our whole team to become marathon endurance ready, and circle around randomly for entire games just to freak out the opposition.

I think that is Goodwins plan - look at ANB never getting dropped :p

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Loved his goal running into the goalsquare and beating the two GC defenders.
Yep. That actually reminded me of a goal Sylvia kicked. I think against Richmond but I can't be sure. Got it out of the pack from a bounce and just steamrolled it in

Back