Remove this Banner Ad

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah let's wipe Kane's 2 today, 4 against Leicester last year etc. Along with every other player that's scored towards the end of the season without much on the line.

Ridiculous opinion.
I'm just stating the fact that he scored 1/3 of his goals when the heat was off. Thursday night EL football really has made you quite feisty hasn't it

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
I'm just stating the fact that he scored 1/3 of his goals when the heat was off. Thursday night EL football really has made you quite feisty hasn't it

Think it's the fact someone could have an opinion so terribly off the mark that has made me reply. But yeah "EL football lols".

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
So you count 6 games for Lacazette & only two for Kane.

And maths isn't my strongpoint? Haha
We still had stuff to play for until our final game

My point is Laca scored nearly a third of his goals when you had nothing to play for. in glorified friendlies (unless the 6th placed game with Burnley counts?). Most other top strikers scored either consistently or didn't have nothing to play for with 6 games to go. Didn't think that was difficult to comprehend

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
We still had stuff to play for until our final game

My point is Laca scored nearly a third of his goals when you had nothing to play for. in glorified friendlies (unless the 6th placed game with Burnley counts?). Most other top strikers scored either consistently or didn't have nothing to play for with 6 games to go. Didn't think that was difficult to comprehend

Think the fact it's his first season, in a poor year for the club and where he wasn't really ever first choice means that 14 & 4 in 32 games is certainly at least a pass mark, despite whatever context you try to put some of these games and goals in?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Think the fact it's his first season, in a poor year for the club and where he wasn't really ever first choice means that 14 & 4 in 32 games is certainly at least a pass mark, despite whatever context you try to put some of these games and goals in?
Fair enough. I just put the question out there because both points are true. He scored more as he settled and he scored more when the season was wrapped up

Aubameyang's body of work since Feb has shown he is as good as any in the Premier League. 13(1) appearances for 10 goals 4 assists. Right up there.

Reckon Lacazette's form in recent weeks has absolutely put this to rest. 32(6) EPL appearances for 14 goals 4 assists. Extremely solid first season in the league - especially in such a poor year for the club.

s**t call in hindsight by Carragher. We'll see how things go next season, but he's definitely wide of the mark currently.

Spot on, especially if they can work together (and it appears they can).

I remember when Auba came in I wanted to see Arsenal to play 2 up top. I made my Lacazette flop comment right when he was stuck on 9 goals and got benched.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol you can’t judge a player just over a few months. It took Kane about two years of scoring for fun before anyone took him seriously. Many complete duds have at some point in their careers hit 10 goals in 14 or so games. Get back in your boxes Goona’s

Depending on the quality of teams that drop back from the CL (should scrap that s**t btw) I think Le Arse could win Europa next season with Auba and Lacazette. That said if they take it seriously and don’t lose Hazard so could Chelsea.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lol you can’t judge a player just over a few months. It took Kane about two years of scoring for fun before anyone took him seriously. Many complete duds have at some point in their careers hit 10 goals in 14 or so games. Get back in your boxes Goona’s
Pretty sure Darrent and Marcus Bent both achieved it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Regardless of opinions, I am pretty comfortable with Auba leading the line come the start of next season.
Well he’s better than Danny Welbeck I’ll
give you that.

Personally I don’t think he’s on Kanes level, but we can judge it after next season. Kane is so assured in front of goal. Watch his two goals yesterday. He creates that extra bit of time that makes scoring look easy. Haven’t seen that quality in most other strikers.

Yeah I don't think Lacazette was outstanding, but he wasn't terrible either. All relative too. Club was in disarray, we were useless on the road, he was injured for a portion too, and it's his first season in a new league.

If people think Laca was bad, where is all the heat for Morata?
I don't think even Chelsea fans like Morata.

Yeah I don't think Lacazette was outstanding, but he wasn't terrible either. All relative too. Club was in disarray, we were useless on the road, he was injured for a portion too, and it's his first season in a new league.

If people think Laca was bad, where is all the heat for Morata?
Morata started decently but turned into a complete disaster. Lacca didn't have the greatest of seasons but I'd still take him light years before Morata.

Chelsea fans are way too entitled though. They have a relatively poor season and they all want their manager sacked immediately. Ridiculous
If Conte actually gave a crap they probably would have liked to keep him.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't think even Chelsea fans like Morata.
I don't think you're wrong :tearsofjoy:

Morata started decently but turned into a complete disaster. Lacca didn't have the greatest of seasons but I'd still take him light years before Morata.
I agree, was excellent early on then turned to complete s**t and who knows what happened.

He and Bakayoko have copped a heap of s**t. 1 and 2 in the worst transfer of the season.
Hm? Not sure. Ihenacho was definitely not very good.

Chelsea fans are way too entitled though. They have a relatively poor season and they all want their manager sacked immediately. Ridiculous
All relative.

He and Bakayoko have copped a heap of s**t. 1 and 2 in the worst transfer of the season.
In relative to price tags, absolutely. In terms of performance, I'd have Renato Sanches up there. Krychowiak had a massive fall from grace too given where he was with Sevilla a couple of years ago.

I don't think you're wrong :tearsofjoy:

I agree, was excellent early on then turned to complete s**t and who knows what happened.

Hm? Not sure. Ihenacho was definitely not very good.

All relative.
Iheanacho scored a belter this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back