Preview Round 9, 2018: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 19th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • Magpies

Votes: 103 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lateral thinking. I like it.
Maybe you are right.
Everyone has Ross type cast as a quote 'big body midfielder'. Maybe it doesn't suit him now.
Let him lose a few kgs and run free on a wing.

The reality is Ross's break speed is poor. It is his top speed which is good. He needs time to get going.
Throw the goat in to the clearances instead.
I reckon ross will be a better player if hes always on the move. He could get to a gaff level wingmen. Good marking option as well.

I’ve told the MC to announce the scores if we’re within 4 goals. If not...say nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my boy!

When i was young and we had to go to weddings, you'd have a stack of people at the church with a radio in their pocket and the ear piece popping out of their collar. They'd all sit their with their head in their hand, strangely enough.

That's my boy!

When i was young and we had to go to weddings, you'd have a stack of people at the church with a radio in their pocket and the ear piece popping out of their collar. They'd all sit their with their head in their hand, strangely enough.

I was at a wedding the night of the Dogs prelim in 2009 doing exactly that. Copped a few elbows during the speeches from screaming ‘YES!’

That's my boy!

I had my best man watch Helmet win the guineas whilst I was doing my vowels.

Thank god it won or the rings were doomed.

dropping a full forward for a back flanker
Marshalls 3rd quarter sat night was pretty good got us going in the guts took some marks had a shot on goal. Had an awful howler but thats to be expected hes played 4 games. Dropping him is forward line suicide.

In: rice Sinclair
Out: newnes armitage

B: geary Brown webster
Hb: coffield gilbert savage
C: Sinclair dunstan Ross
Hf:weller membrey Clark
F: Gresham Carlisle Billings
Foll: hickey acres Steven
Int: rice Phillips Steele Marshall

Emer: white battle freeman Patton

I reckon this side looks good on paper v the pies. Brown to take mason cox and Gilbert to play second tall to allow Carlisle to play forward. Have Carlisle isolated deep with Billings and gresh at his feet and leave the 50 open for them. Rice to debut down back. Marshall probably lucky to hold his spot but need an extra tall to help ruck with Gilbert being played as a key back.

picked the wrong year to move back to oz. I intend on attending all melb games this year. Should bugger off back overseas or stay home if i wanna help the team. :disrelieved:
Jughead.....if you go anywhere near Etihad on Sat night....I'll put a curse on you!

I reckon this side looks good on paper v the pies. Brown to take mason cox and Gilbert to play second tall to allow Carlisle to play forward. Have Carlisle isolated deep with Billings and gresh at his feet and leave the 50 open for them. Rice to debut down back. Marshall probably lucky to hold his spot but need an extra tall to help ruck with Gilbert being played as a key back.

Where does Marshall play though. That’s 3 marking forwards. Don’t think it works well imo

Last edited:
Luckily for my it’s my wedding this Saturday so I don’t have to watch the utter garbage we dish up week in, week out.

Pies by 6-8 goals

Alternatively you could put it off to September knowing you could go away every year for your anniversary and never miss a Saints game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe you are not prepared to give Marshall the same opportunites as Paddy. Marshall has played 4 games and last week wasnt even used in the relief ruck role which is his best position. Once again poor coaching dont blame the kids blame the fool that is leading them.
Paddy could play for ten more years and some on here would be still saying give him time.

I cant believe you are not prepared to give Marshall the same opportunites as Paddy. Marshall has played 4 games and last week wasnt even used in the relief ruck role which is his best position. Once again poor coaching dont blame the kids blame the fool that is leading them.

So Marshall didn’t ruck last week. If you are going to knock the coach use facts instead of lies to try prove a point. Pretty poor.

She’s not entirely fussed but is a Weagle due to birthplace. Says she wants to be a Saint now.

I’ve advised her to remain a Weagle!

See here's the thing. If she is Eagles, and your are saints. Your kids got options, we are lacking supporters. So do the club a favour, turn her into Saints supporter so your kids have no choice but to support SAINTS.

Someone hire me as marketing manager. Genius af

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we not need Carlisle back to combat Coxs height and marking?

Battle in for armo the more point kickers the better. Marshalls not the only spud out there.
Is it time we sorted out what type our spuds are.
Cooked, Armo?
Raw, Marshall?
By type.
Kipfler, Brown good for a roast.
Sifra, Lonie fluffy , good for a mash.
Sebago, Gilbert, a good all rounder but still a spud.
Sweet potato, Acres, different, interesting, gets the senses going but in the end may as well be spud .
Pontiac, Goddard, another all rounder, but a ranga.
Yukon Gold, Ross, worlds best spud.
Rooster, Connellan, Irish type of potato.
Eureka, Dunstan, best grown in Sth. Australia if it runs like a spud, kicks like a spud and in the right light looks like a spud, chances are it's a spud.
Murnong, Long, indigenous version 8 times the energy of a spud, but still a spud.
Turnip, Steven, not a spud but special dispensation for 2018 St.Kilda.

Last edited:
The 'In the mix' email from the Saints was interesting reading. My feeling:

Out: McCartin (inj), Newnes, Armo & Marshall (all omitted)

In: Rice, White, Sincs, Battle.

Rice in the back pocket. Sincs starting on the wing. Leave Carlisle down back and have a mobile forward line of Membrey, Battle and small forwards with GOAT in there a lot too.

It's a bit rough on armo to drop him after only two games back in the seniors, should give him a chance to develop a form line, but 8 touches last week is inexcusable for the position he plays.

Edit: Mistake re: McCartin. So, Rice, Sincs & Battle in. I'd also go White for Savage but I doubt the coaches agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back