Preview Rd 9 vs GWS - Changes & prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

160518_Gallery9.jpg

Training gallery: May 16, 2018
Thomas Loftus

16 May 2018 6:11 PM

The North Melbourne list hit the track on Wednesday for the final time before heading to Hobart for Saturday afternoon’s match-up with GWS.

Although the Roos went down to Richmond on Sunday, there was a positive atmosphere out on Arden St Oval in anticipation of Saturday’s important clash.

160518_Gallery7.jpg

Defenders Sam Wright, Robbie Tarrant and Scott Thompson share a laugh.

160518_Gallery6.jpg

Jarrad Waite completed a light session.

With a six-day break between games, and a flight to catch on Friday, the session was reasonably light, and was just over an hour in duration.

160518_Gallery5.jpg

Ben Brown makes a lead.

160518_Gallery2.jpg

Jack Ziebell is quick out of the blocks in a running drill.

Despite the shortened session, coaches Gavin Brown and Darren Crocker were impressed with the intensity of the session, particularly the tackling component.

160518_Gallery4.jpg

Nathan Hrovat looks to escape Paul Ahern.

160518_Gallery3.jpg

Cameron Zurhaar chats with Darren Crocker.

160518_Gallery10.jpg

Gavin Brown gets ready for a drill.

There was time at the end of the session to wish AFL/VFL games-record holder and skills coach Brent ‘Boomer’ Harvey a happy 40thbirthday.

Skipper Jack Ziebell presented Boomer with a cake and said some nice words, but Todd Goldstein and Scott Thompson had other ideas, and rained on Boomer’s parade by giving him a Gatorade Shower.

160518_Gallery1.jpg

Boomer's birthday celebration. Watch the video below.

North Melbourne will take on GWS in Hobart on Saturday, with the first bounce from 1:45pm.

160518_Gallery9.jpg

Training gallery: May 16, 2018
Thomas Loftus

16 May 2018 6:11 PM

The North Melbourne list hit the track on Wednesday for the final time before heading to Hobart for Saturday afternoon’s match-up with GWS.

Although the Roos went down to Richmond on Sunday, there was a positive atmosphere out on Arden St Oval in anticipation of Saturday’s important clash.

160518_Gallery7.jpg

Defenders Sam Wright, Robbie Tarrant and Scott Thompson share a laugh.

160518_Gallery6.jpg

Jarrad Waite completed a light session.

With a six-day break between games, and a flight to catch on Friday, the session was reasonably light, and was just over an hour in duration.

160518_Gallery5.jpg

Ben Brown makes a lead.

160518_Gallery2.jpg

Jack Ziebell is quick out of the blocks in a running drill.

Despite the shortened session, coaches Gavin Brown and Darren Crocker were impressed with the intensity of the session, particularly the tackling component.

160518_Gallery4.jpg

Nathan Hrovat looks to escape Paul Ahern.

160518_Gallery3.jpg

Cameron Zurhaar chats with Darren Crocker.

160518_Gallery10.jpg

Gavin Brown gets ready for a drill.

There was time at the end of the session to wish AFL/VFL games-record holder and skills coach Brent ‘Boomer’ Harvey a happy 40thbirthday.

Skipper Jack Ziebell presented Boomer with a cake and said some nice words, but Todd Goldstein and Scott Thompson had other ideas, and rained on Boomer’s parade by giving him a Gatorade Shower.

160518_Gallery1.jpg

Boomer's birthday celebration. Watch the video below.

North Melbourne will take on GWS in Hobart on Saturday, with the first bounce from 1:45pm.
Looks like thompson and tarrant are asking aboit wright's quiet comments from the podcast haha

Like I said...its the type of game we use to lose.

We need to be on the ball.

Used to. Not this team, not now I reckon. Can still be beaten, but we won't just lose it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be only me, but I reckon Brad's comments Re. Waitey's corked hip were a very subtle, but well deserved backhander to Rance and his unrealistic spoiling attempt.
I didn't. I thought he was very complimentary of Rance.

What I did take from it was that Scott most likely gave Cunnington 4 votes and Cotchin 5. Which is funny cause everyone jumped to the conclusion that Hardwick gave 5 votes to Cotchin!

I’d be happy to see us go in unchanged this week. I’d, also, be happy to see any of Ahern, Zurhaar, Garner or Larkey in the team this week. Basically, I’m happy with the team and the coach in general right at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really want to make any unforced changes buts it's starting to worry me that we aren't getting to debut new players and get games into the next tier.

The healthiest list is great but we somehow need to force change through rotation at some stage if good form and health mean we have no reason to make changes.

I'd be in favour of resting a few, even 5 or 6 over the next couple of weeks or around bye time and give some guys a crack at AFL level.

It's further compounded by the fact that the VFL guys aren't exactly knocking the door down but there are a couple who have been ok.

West Coast have debuted 6 guys!

Durdin, Larkey, Ahern could all play 1-3 games and get them a taste.

Out:
Turner, Macdonald, Daw, thomson or Wright (rotation)

In:
Ahern
Durdin
Zurhar
West coast from a list perspective are in a similar position to us last year (kinda), in that they had a number of positions open up due to senior guys moving on. I wouldn't compare us and them in that way. They had to introduce new guys to cover a fair few injuries to the 22.

I don't really want to make any unforced changes buts it's starting to worry me that we aren't getting to debut new players and get games into the next tier.

The healthiest list is great but we somehow need to force change through rotation at some stage if good form and health mean we have no reason to make changes.

I'd be in favour of resting a few, even 5 or 6 over the next couple of weeks or around bye time and give some guys a crack at AFL level.

It's further compounded by the fact that the VFL guys aren't exactly knocking the door down but there are a couple who have been ok.

Out:

In:
Ahern
Durdin
Zurhar
Injuries will come and players will get their chance.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I never believed the media speculation.
I have always rated NM as a top eight side.
Conversely, I never predicted Essendon to win the premiership, unlike the media "experts".
I admired North last year in the way they handled the Martin contract negotiations.
When he decided to stay, they did not leak the details, so he could do the interview on Channel Nine.
Scott could have easily released the details publicly in advance and decided not to.

got a feeling Zurhaar will come in for Waite.
Think this will be the only change, however it might be a late change on Saturday as Scotty said he would give Waite right up till the day.

Would like to see Turner out and Ahern in but I reckon we would have seen some media by now if Paul was making his long awaited debut. reckon when he does debut we will hear it from Scotty at his Wednesday/Thursday training media conference.

Out:

In:
Ahern
Durdin
Zurhar

Durdin is no where near AFL ready
Ahern is not far off but the club really wants him to get some legs in the VFL
Zurhaar will only come in for a injury imo, doesn’t really get enough of it

They’re developing in the VFL, no need to worry

20 blokes have played 7 or 8 games
Evw only out thru injury

Last year Gibbo and hrovat played all 22
Mullet and Garner 18 ! swallow 16