Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
I believe I read clubs and individuals are also set to be involved in the case, and given Justin Sherman was one specific player who from memory was embroiled in a racist incident with Joel, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dogs would potentially be in the gun, if Wilkinson is successful against the AFL hence I suspect PG has a vested interest in this on behalf of the club.

Could be way off the mark, but I can't imagine he would get involved in this kind of thing without some heavy thought.
I doubt the Dogs would be a party to the matter. Gordon would have a very great conflict of interest if he was representing the AFL and the president of another club who was also a party. I can't see him taking it on if there was the prospect of the Dogs being sued as well, or even really being involved at all.

Even with the Sherman thing I can't see why we would be in the gun. We suspended him for a time and came out against it publicly. I think we handled it pretty well.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Try telling them they did little for most of the game except the second half of the second quarter, and that they only kicked 4 goals across the three other quarters. Nor the massive inside 50 differential, and that if they played a more efficient forward 50 team/we were not wasteful they'd have been flogged by 6-7 goals.

But no, instead they were the better team all day and would have won if it wasn't for the umpires :rolleyes:

Don't think I have ever copped such heated an angry responses in the past for pointing all the above out. You'd think someone died, because two years later they are still bitter. Used to love Swan fans, now they are just rude and hold a chip on their shoulder anytime in any thread that is to do with the Bulldogs and take shots at the club and its fans
A lot of it just comes down to ignorance with those Sydney supporters. They seem to believe their was some sort of Victorian conspiracy against them despite the fact they have been well and truly looked after by the AFL over the years.

Despite what most of us think in the heat of the moment rarely does umpiring have a significant effect on the outcome of a game and no one watching that game objectively could say the Swans deserved to win.

Despite what most of us think in the heat of the moment rarely does umpiring have a significant effect on the outcome of a game and no one watching that game objectively could say the Swans deserved to win.
I've been following the Bulldogs since '97 and can think of dozens of games lost from poor goalkicking, but none from poor umpiring!

Johnny_Dogg4

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've been following the Bulldogs since '97 and can think of dozens of games lost from poor goalkicking, but none from poor umpiring!

i always think back to this game when thinking about poor goal kicking

Sun 25-Apr-2004
Port Adelaide 5.5 10.6 13.10 17.17 119
Western Bulldogs 3.1 4.11 5.17 7.22 64

ive also followed the dogs since 97

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
i always think back to this game when thinking about poor goal kicking

Sun 25-Apr-2004
Port Adelaide 5.5 10.6 13.10 17.17 119
Western Bulldogs 3.1 4.11 5.17 7.22 64

ive also followed the dogs since 97

Would've still lost but 63 scoring shots between two teams is pretty shocking accuracy.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
More sniping a d avoiding discussion. Silly silly child. Enjoy your bubble.

giphy.gif

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Yep. If Tim Walsh was just a solid footballer we could’ve pinched a flag in 08, 09 or 10.
I went to school with his cousin. He came up to me after the draft (knowing I was basically the only dogs supporter at school) and told me that he was shite. He was right.
Certainly can’t include ‘10 because we had Barry Hall and were flogged by Collingwood and Stkilda in the finals.

Johnny_Dogg4

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rarely have I said umpires have cost us a game if ever but this was the one time i feel comfortable saying it.

one of the most disgraceful officiating ive seen till this day.
lucky this wasnt a soccer match, or there would have been riots.

anyway the saints are still copping it and we have a premiership cup

Last edited:
one of the most disgraceful officiating ive seen till this day.
lucky this wasnt a soccer match, or there would have been riots.

anyway the saints are still copping and we have a premiership cup
I do bitch about the umpires fairly regularly but off hand, can't think of another game that they obviously cost us the game. Maybe because it was a final. It's a shame, the atmosphere at the ground was amazing. Apart from the 2016 GF, I never heard such loud support from our crowd.

Edit: This one was pretty crazy :)
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/v...back-friday-monty-knocked-out-kicks-four-2006

Last edited:
Bob's great on AFL360 but I've gotta say that Nick Riewoldt is much better. Feel dirty for sharing that..... but the great German diver is a bloody interesting guy to listen to when he talks about playing. Kudos Nick.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Bob's great on AFL360 but I've gotta say that Nick Riewoldt is much better. Feel dirty for sharing... that but the great German diver is a bloody interesting guy to listen to when he talks about playing. Kudos Nick.
You're probably right but I can't deal with his stupid Llama face.

Bob's great on AFL360 but I've gotta say that Nick Riewoldt is much better. Feel dirty for sharing... that but the great German diver is a bloody interesting guy to listen to when he talks about playing. Kudos Nick.
Yeah, nahh

Only one - the 2009 PF.

I've said it before, not one of the umpires from that PF umpired the GF.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Crammers coming up on now
There is a small degree of sympathy for the Essendon players who were part of the supplements saga, however when they make comments like “We dont know what we took but we are 100 per cent innocent.” that Cameri just made then the sympathy evoporates.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Having said that, Gordon would normally be getting behind the smaller dog in the fight, the fact he is on the AFL's side is very interesting.
Very interesting but i doubt he will be leading this case. I suspect he will be acting as an advisor to the afl's silks.

Kinda makes sense if he feels we will be dragged into it and if he does it pro bono Gil owes us one.....good friday seems like a.fair deal to me.

Last edited:

I laughed when Riewoldt said almost under his breath "get me a bucket" as Bob in his way sentimentalised what he felt during the two minutes prior to running out onto the ground being his favourite part of a game. That he went on to up the ante and wax lyrical about driving past an anonymous suburban ground on a cold Melbourne afternoon and seeing kids playing footy only to feel the pangs of a career past was equally amusing. Unfortunately Bob missed this cue to let out his own chortle, that would've been amazing! It was the first time I'd seen them on 360, as I generally don't bother with the program any more, however that may have to change as they make for an interesting team (as opposed to the buffoons that follow them). I also quite enjoyed the insight thatRiewoldt brought to the discussion regarding the difficulty that recently retired players have commentating on players that they until recently "gone to war with on the field."

One minor indiscretion aside, I believe I may be the only Bulldogs fan in existence who has been a life-long fan of how Riewoldt played the game. He is in the absolute elite of the modern game in my view.

Right into my trap!

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One minor indiscretion aside, I believe I may be the only Bulldogs fan in existence who has been a life-long fan of how Riewoldt played the game. He is in the absolute elite of the modern game in my view.

Right into my trap!
i also loved his as a footballer and enjoy listening to him talk now that the pr police arent hovering around. He seems much more relaxed and comes accross as a good bloke.

Edit: if 360 got rid of current coaches and current players and replaced with recently retured then i think it would be more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back