The old man

Debutant
Apr 20, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, QPR, Buffalo Bills
I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....

Calm down mate we all had to endure 25 riveting live crosses to Sam Mitchell’s backyard last year.

Getting carried away a bit early champ. Thursday is usually where they focus on the upcoming matches for the week, it's hardly going to be a main talking point every day of the week.

Who doesn't want some attention when you're winning. But when the team is down in the dumps, that's a pretty good time to be flying under the radar, which is something the bigger Victorian clubs don't get the benefit of. Pros and cons, swings and roundabouts. We're not seriously suggesting there's a Vicco media conspiracy to run John Worsfold out of town, are we?

The old man

Debutant
Apr 20, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, QPR, Buffalo Bills
Getting carried away a bit early champ. Thursday is usually where they focus on the upcoming matches for the week, it's hardly going to be a main talking point every day of the week.
Yeah, I get that, but the segment was labelled 'countdown to round 9'

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
We're not seriously suggesting there's a Vicco media conspiracy to run John Worsfold out of town, are we?

Tbh I’d never thought of that, but now that you mention it....

It

Makes

Complete

Sense.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
None
Zero
Zip
:doughnut:

Even the Dockers struggle to get a mention

Ah, thank god they have, and I quote, "Fremantle Club Champion, Bradley Hill" to help them get a headline this week.

Laughed when I heard him called a Freo Club Champion....I'm sorry, yes he was a champion player while at the Hawks but what has he actually done for Freo to make him a club champ?

Oh i just remembered, can't forget about that show on Chan 7, Eagles Nest (Do they still have it?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond

The media focusing on coaches is the most frustrating part of media coverage. Richmond are part of the blockbuster match and it’s still getting very little hype, I’d hope fox will ramp up promotion tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, thank god they have, and I quote, "Fremantle Club Champion, Bradley Hill" to help them get a headline this week.

Laughed when I heard him called a Freo Club Champion....I'm sorry, yes he was a champion player while at the Hawks but what has he actually done for Freo to make him a club champ?
I think they mean Best & Fairest winner, as he won that last year

There’s a thread on here by macpotatoe about the ‘top of the table clash’

What more do you want ??

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol
Yep they'd get a hell of a lot more coverage than the Lions and the Suns get in the QLD media. Their just an after thought who sometimes grab 30 seconds at the end of the sports bulletin and you have to look pages and pages in after the saturation coverage of the Broncos to grab a look at a side column about AFL.

10 of the 18 teams are based in Victoria, so it kind of makes sense for the majority of coverage to be about Victorian teams, especially if there's a story or scandal there.

True, but more true is that the majority of the AFL AUDIENCE is Victorian.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't worry, the only people who infer no bias exists are the same people who reckon Adelaide is a shithole yet live at the end of a train line and consider a trip to Eastland culture.

Don't worry, those who infer there is a bias are usually from states where the statewide newspaper, radio and TV stations ONLY talk about clubs from that state.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Don't blame the Eagles, you'd get airtime... but Whateley is still pissed at us for completely ruining AFL ;)

Explains why the commentary and media in general dumb it down so much.

A quick look at the west australian suggests that's not the cause.

Back