Preview Essendon vs Geelong, MCG, Saturday 19/05/18 @ 4:35 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly it's once the shiny new toy wears off and we're losing still.

I hope to see Clarke, Langford, Laverde, Redman, Long and Francis for large parts of the rest of the year regardless of results, even if their numbers are low at first. Clarke because we need his type and the rest of that list as we need to know more about them at AFL level.

Guelfi, Mutch and Ridley to have games but to me they are not as imperative yet. Same with Zerk and Houlihan.

I think this is a genuine concern given how Essendon fans can be. But if they are anything like me they will realise that the season is already done. We aren't making the finals and there is greater value to getting games into the likes of Clarke and Mutch. They will frustrate at times, as most youngsters do, but hopefully come season's end we will have identified another handful of players who can lead us into a more successful period.

The only thing I really expect from Clarke is that he will be hard at it. He has shown so much progress at VFL level that I'm sure he can make a contribution at AFL level once he gets a feel for the faster pace of the game. I'll only be disappointed if we play him off a half-forward flank for a couple of weeks and then send him back to the VFL.

Let me know your expected result and we will see who is closest.
Mark I could quite easily see Geelong beating us by 68 points. But not because of some rule that margins are combined, they're just in much better form.

I don't think that's a homeless guy, that's Dyson Heppell! Shame on you for not knowing.
upload_2018-5-17_10-46-28.png

This guy is pissed off that Dyson is on the big bucks and is trying to portray the image that he has nothing.

If Dyson is looking the way that he does to raise awareness and donate to the homeless, he is a good man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel not playing this one. What does that do for the expected match-up with Ridley?
Depends on whether he's a direct replacement for Hurley or if he's playing more the medium role of Goddard/Gleeson.

I'd have him on a McCarthy type personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back