Preview Round 9, 2018: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 19th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • Magpies

Votes: 103 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an outsiders perspective I thought Marhall looked ok, he was just totally screwed over by poor delivery any time he lead up. Kind of like how our onballers butcher the the ball when Casboult makes a lead. Give him a bit more time in the 1's.
It’s funny you’d think with 86 wingmen and 40 Half Backs on your list you’d think we could kick the ball efficiently but apparently we draft the only ones who don’t do that well.

The 'In the mix' email from the Saints was interesting reading. My feeling:

Out: McCartin (inj), Newnes, Armo & Marshall (all omitted)

In: Rice, White, Sincs, Battle.

Rice in the back pocket. Sincs starting on the wing. Leave Carlisle down back and have a mobile forward line of Membrey, Battle and small forwards with GOAT in there a lot too.

It's a bit rough on armo to drop him after only two games back in the seniors, should give him a chance to develop a form line, but 8 touches last week is inexcusable for the position he plays.

McCartin didn't play last week mate

McCartin didn't play last week mate

Oops, good point! Umm, dunno then, White the unlucky one I suppose. Rice effectively for Armo is nowhere near like for like but it seems from the team email that he's getting called up.

Yes I think we should drop Marshall that way Hickey can play on Grundy and Acres can match up against Mason Cox.

Out - Newnes, Clark and Armo

In - Rice Sinclair White

B White Brown Rice

HB Coffield Carlisle Webster

C Sinclair Steele Phillips

HF Weller Membrey Geary

F Gresham Marshall Billings

Foll Hickey Ross Steven

Int Gilbert Acres Savage Dunstan

Once again I think we will be done at the centre bounces so we will be beginning our attacks from HBF.

Nothing really wrong with that but it means we have to minimise the ball butchers across hbf - hence Geary to hff.
I'd also like to see Gilbo spend a bit more time around the ball to utilise his tackling pressure.

Thursday optimism back - Saints by 11 points.

Edit - On the topic of ball butchers did anybody else laugh last week when Gilbo was the only goal scorer to half time and then Geary some how manages to become about our first player to kick a goal from outside 50 this year!!!!!

Last edited:
From an outsiders perspective I thought Marhall looked ok, he was just totally screwed over by poor delivery any time he lead up. Kind of like how our onballers butcher the the ball when Casboult makes a lead. Give him a bit more time in the 1's.
Welcome to our forward line. Roo would have kicked 1800 goals if he had some sort of delivery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny you’d think with 86 wingmen and 40 Half Backs on your list you’d think we could kick the ball efficiently but apparently we draft the only ones who don’t do that well.
That's our secret plan... 12 man defence and the ball never leaves our forward 50...

The great wall of Richo...

Yes I think we should drop Marshall that way Hickey can play on Grundy and Acres can match up against Mason Cox.

Out - Newnes, Clark and Armo

In - Rice Sinclair White

B White Brown Rice

HB Coffield Carlisle Webster

C Sinclair Steele Phillips

HF Weller Membrey Geary

F Gresham Marshall Billings

Foll Hickey Ross Steven

Int Gilbert Acres Savage Dunstan

Once again I think we will be done at the centre bounces so we will be beginning our attacks from HBF.

Nothing really wrong with that but it means we have to minimise the ball butchers across hbf - hence Geary to hff.
I'd also like to see Gilbo spend a bit more time around the ball to utilise his tackling pressure.

Thursday optimism back - Saints by 11 points.

Edit - On the topic of ball butchers did anybody else laugh last week when Gilbo was the only goal scorer to half time and then Geary some how manages to become about our first player to kick a goal from outside 50 this year!!!!!

more chance of the Beatles reforming than Sinclair playing on a wing

Well you can get an idea from previous posts and when something is so obvious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what posts are they Plugger? At least Im consistent it was only 2-3 weeks ago you were happy to critcise Richo now you are his best mate again. Perhaps all the years of the following the Saints has caused you irreparable damage?

Ps Im happy with my credibility how many people do you get along with on this forum 1 or 2? Not bad odds out of the thousands registered.

Last edited:
I'm feeling really positive about this game which means the disappointment on Saturday night will be strong.

Yes, so much for #eco...I just cant do it.
I used to tell my friends that footy was a healthy addiction, but now I'm not so sure o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back