What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also loved his as a footballer and enjoy listening to him talk now that the pr police arent hovering around. He seems much more relaxed and comes accross as a good bloke.

Edit: if 360 got rid of current coaches and current players and replaced with recently retured then i think it would be more interesting.

They would need to get rid of Robbo as well. Hudson or Stevo or Sandy Roberts would be better. Someone who is not so insecure.

They would need to get rid of Robbo as well. Hudson or Stevo or Sandy Roberts would be better. Someone who is not so insecure.
On Robbo

“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

Bob's great on AFL360 but I've gotta say that Nick Riewoldt is much better. Feel dirty for sharing... that but the great German diver is a bloody interesting guy to listen to when he talks about playing. Kudos Nick.

They play different roles. Bob brings imagination and heart with a dash of whimsy, Nick brings realism and psychology.

If someone had told 2010 me that one day I would actually end up quite liking Nick Riewoldt, I probably would have said that would only be possible through either a lobotomy or Stalinist re-education.

Maybe 2016 and no flag in the end for him changed that a bit, but he seems like a decent bloke.

I laughed when Riewoldt said almost under his breath "get me a bucket" as Bob in his way sentimentalised what he felt during the two minutes prior to running out onto the ground being his favourite part of a game. That he went on to up the ante and wax lyrical about driving past an anonymous suburban ground on a cold Melbourne afternoon and seeing kids playing footy only to feel the pangs of a career past was equally amusing. Unfortunately Bob missed this cue to let out his own chortle, that would've been amazing! It was the first time I'd seen them on 360, as I generally don't bother with the program any more, however that may have to change as they make for an interesting team (as opposed to the buffoons that follow them). I also quite enjoyed the insight thatRiewoldt brought to the discussion regarding the difficulty that recently retired players have commentating on players that they until recently "gone to war with on the field."

One minor indiscretion aside, I believe I may be the only Bulldogs fan in existence who has been a life-long fan of how Riewoldt played the game. He is in the absolute elite of the modern game in my view.

Right into my trap!

I’m pretty sure the bucket line was a reference to him throwing up before games (in the Chosen Few doco he talks about it at length). It would have been funny if he was throwing shade on Bob though.

They play different roles. Bob brings imagination and heart with a dash of whimsy, Nick brings realism and psychology.

If someone had told 2010 me that one day I would actually end up quite liking Nick Riewoldt, I probably would have said that would only be possible through either a lobotomy or Stalinist re-education.

Maybe 2016 and no flag in the end for him changed that a bit, but he seems like a decent bloke.
I can tell you from personal experience that Nick Reiwoldt is a fantastic person. I know it’s hard to go past the diving incident with Lake but that was one incident in a long career. He is a ripper bloke.

I’m pretty sure the bucket line was a reference to him throwing up before games (in the Chosen Few doco he talks about it at length). It would have been funny if he was throwing shade on Bob though.

That's exactly what he was referring to

They we talking about the all-time best players on 360 a few weeks ago. Judd, Ablett(s)...the very best to play the game. Bob was asked his thoughts and said Dustin Martin.

Murphy may be a Dog, but I find him an annoying clown.

On Robbo

“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”
upload_2018-5-17_6-34-41.jpeg

They we talking about the all-time best players on 360 a few weeks ago. Judd, Ablett(s)...the very best to play the game. Bob was asked his thoughts and said Dustin Martin.

Murphy may be a Dog, but I find him an annoying clown.
Nooooo...... not such a crazy comment anyway is it? Probably wouldn't agree with it myself but it's just an opinion, if he was serious

On Robbo

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”
hahaha very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone saw this last night on the Foxtel show called 'On the Mark' it was a fantastic insight into the Essendon Drugs saga from a players point-of-view which I don't think we've really seen or heard before. The fact that the show is presented by 3 females rather than the macho morons on every other footy show was great as well as Crameri was really opening up about how he felt about the whole debacle. It was raw and emotional with Cramers almost breaking down. He was speaking from the heart.
I've copied the news report of the show but if you get a chance to watch it for yourself it's worthwhile.
Click the link below to see some footage as well.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st...6/news-story/59b65c98bea81e1bad7ab13f715b47e7

Stewart Crameri On The Mark: Former Bulldog’s rollercoaster in AFL Grand Final 2016

679812_640x360_large_20180516175124.jpg

Ex-Don's tears over saga

FORMER Western Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri has detailed the emotional rollercoaster he experienced on Grand Final day in 2016.
Crameri was traded to the Bulldogs ahead of the 2014 season, but was one of the 34 past and present Essendon players that copped 12-month bans in 2016 for taking part in the club’s infamous supplements saga.

It meant Crameri missed out on the Bulldogs’ stunning rise that year, which culminated in a drought-breaking premiership after defeating the Sydney Swans.

In an emotional interview on Fox Footy’s On The Mark, Crameri, who married his partner Jess the day before the Grand Final, said watching the game with family and friends — he couldn’t be at the MCG as part of his ban — was one of the hardest experiences of his life.

“I realised halfway through the last quarter that the boys were actually going to do it and it was quite hard to watch. I just felt like I should’ve been there and should’ve been playing, but I wasn’t,” Crameri said.

“I wasn’t angry as such, I was more so happy for them but so sad I couldn’t be part of it.”

Crameri said he had to “remove myself” from the room, telling family and friends around him to “give me five minutes” so he could experience a rollercoaster of emotions in his own space.

22ebcade3c2e8b2a4dff4d4a25ffd180

Former Bulldog Stewart Crameri. Picture: Colleen PetchSource: News Corp Australia

“I went out to the front and said: ‘I just need five minutes to reflect on it, be upset — whatever you have to be — just to make sure I can come back and not be upset about it and when I see the guys I’m really happy for them and go on from there’,” he said.

“Watching that last bit was tough, but there’s many stories of people missing out on Grand Finals as well.”

Crameri, though, didn’t completely miss out on the premiership experience, joining his Bulldogs teammates for further post-game festivities in Yarraville the next day.

“They all asked about me, but I wanted to ask about them and how they’re feeling and how was it all,” he said.

“It was just great to be around them again after they won the premiership.”

LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE FOX FOOTY PODCAST BELOW, OR TAP HERE TO SUBSCRIBE IN ITUNES

Crameri also reflected on January 12, 2016 — the day he found out he’d been found guilty by the Court of Arbitration for Sport for committing an anti-doping rule violation.

He said he was in “disbelief” after his manager Paul Connors broke the news to him, but added that the meeting he then had with Dogs coach Luke Beveridge, president Peter Gordon and fellow banned Bomber Brent Prismall, who had also moved to the Dogs, was heartbreaking.

“I looked at Beveridge and I said: ‘Is this all real? Is this the case? And he said ‘yeah unfortunately it is’,” Crameri said.

“The look on their face was just a terrible thing I see. I didn’t know what to say.

Get the ultimate AFL experience on your phone with the new FOX FOOTY App. Download it NOW for FREE on iOS and Android!

a45d86197cd426e04471f6a8a59db907

Stewart Crameri training while banned at St Bernard's College. Picture: Hamish BlairSource: News Corp Australia
“They were talking their legal jargon there for a while and I just sat there and put my hands on my head. I was speechless.

“I just said: ‘I think I’ve had enough, can I go home now?’”

During his suspension in 2016, Crameri, along with several other banned Bombers, took part in a football program, which was funded by Paul Little and headed up by Sean Wellman and David Buttifant.

Crameri said he was eternally grateful for that program.

“I think that really saved me through that year, because I just didn’t know what to do,” he said.

“All I wanted to do was train — and that was probably my psychologist. I would train everyday — it didn’t matter how bad I felt or upset I felt, I’d always turn up to that day.

“I knew the players would be there as well and we could all chat and play and train hard.”

There is a small degree of sympathy for the Essendon players who were part of the supplements saga, however when they make comments like “We dont know what we took but we are 100 per cent innocent.” that Cameri just made then the sympathy evoporates.
Agree, at some point you have to take some personal responsibility and ask yourself the question does this all sound above board?

Its a bit like when people laud Jobe Watson for being a great captain throughout the crisis when IMO the time for great leadership was when they were shipping himself and his teammates to offsite facilities for 100's of who knows what injections. Surely good leadership would have you demand to know what you were taking?

Was Crammers saying they were innocent because they didn't know what they were getting [and trusted the club] or is he disputing that the drugs were illegal?

Was Crammers saying they were innocent because they didn't know what they were getting [and trusted the club] or is he disputing that the drugs were illegal?

First one I'd say .. Then proceeded to say that only Dank knew and sold them all down the path and refused to come out and say what the substances were to clear them or provide comfort .. basically said Dank was the mastermind behind it all and they all took the fall for him but they think they're innocent

Fair bit of circle work in that interview but it was pretty heartfelt

First one I'd say .. Then proceeded to say that only Dank knew and sold them all down the path and refused to come out and say what the substances were to clear them or provide comfort .. basically said Dank was the mastermind behind it all and they all took the fall for him but they think they're innocent

Fair bit of circle work in that interview but it was pretty heartfelt
I think the whole narrative around it has moved on from they players being guilty or not.
What was interesting was the new point of view from a player that probably copped more than most because he had to go through the ban and missing a flag at his new club.

I think the whole narrative around it has moved on from they players being guilty or not.
What was interesting was the new point of view from a player that probably copped more than most because he had to go through the ban and missing a flag at his new club.

It was harsh but the players need to say no if they don't know what they are being injected with .. some did for that reason and didn't get injected. On that basis they probably deserved their medicine

It was harsh but the players need to say no if they don't know what they are being injected with .. some did for that reason and didn't get injected. On that basis they probably deserved their medicine
Of course, whether they knew it or not is irrelevant. They had to cop a ban. Ignorance is no excuse.
Dank should be put in jail for what he did. I think everyone would feel better if he had been.

Libba's goal in prelim final?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was referring to field umpiring. Obviously the integrity of the result relies on proper goal umpiring, so it's a different kettle of fish!

Even so, we had every chance of winning both of those close prelims and didn't take chances in front of goal in the last quarter :(

I’m still kinda pissed off at Crameri for his 2.7 in the 2015 final. I reckon we could’ve gone pretty far that year if he could actually kick straight.

Maybe we wouldn’t have the 2016 grand final if he played that year..

I wasn't aware of Riewoldt's pre-game jitters, but watching it back with that in context, I can see that he was probably comparing his pre-game experience with that of Bob's. Hence Riewoldt's splutteringly indignant guffaw!

Anyways, they make for an engaging couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back