AFL 360....VFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 360 is run by two fans... their Monday Hero, Wednesday Love, etc....

They have their favorites... and their dislikes.... very personal and emotive.

Most often, watching the show, one can say..."here we go again..." as Gerard or Robbo wind up to express their often visited biases about teams, coaches, players.

Gerard turns into a puddle on a chair when Geelong are discussed.

WA people complaining about bias is laughable. If West Coast are winning you wouldn't know there was a second side.
I lived and worked there for 20 years, reading the paper daily, I found out Australia hosted the Olympics, in 2003.

360 suggests all ..... WA or Vic papers are local, Channel 7 news is local, as is radio through the week, no comparison to Fox which aspires to a national coverage, certainly not just the 3 postcode.
But really, what's in a name, Mr. kWAlity? Call AFL 360 something else, people would still be bitter!

With all those options you cited (plus there's a tonne more, Channel 9 do a show solely dedicated to footy in the west, for example) anybody with a screen would be able to track down a dose of Eagles coverage pretty easily if they wanted it.

Ah, thank god they have, and I quote, "Fremantle Club Champion, Bradley Hill" to help them get a headline this week.

Laughed when I heard him called a Freo Club Champion....I'm sorry, yes he was a champion player while at the Hawks but what has he actually done for Freo to make him a club champ?
he won their club champion award last year, hence the reference.
eagle nest still in full swing.
hardly a mention about the tigers in that rag called the west Australian. nic nat is the focus.

WA people complaining about bias is laughable. If West Coast are winning you wouldn't know there was a second side.
I lived and worked there for 20 years, reading the paper daily, I found out Australia hosted the Olympics, in 2003.
I few weeks back Nic Naitanui was on the front page of The West merely for completing a training session.

Like with most media, much better to run with scandal and outrage and bad news.

Tribunal outage, a coach being sacked, some ridiculous sledging story all going to get a run before a wow this team is going well.

NicNat tackle was all the rage the other week.

There isn’t any story in just talking up a team playing well.
Yeah, and most of all, for the news media to be interested, there has to be something NEW.

Journos are story-tellers, and all stories are based on the threat of change. There just isn't a whole lot of newness or threat of change about West Coast vs Richmond this week, even though they're #1 and #2.

Essendon imploding after high expectations, though, or a coach who might be sacked if his team doesn't improve... lots of threat of change there, so that's where the stories are.

I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....
c4ckj.jpg

Damn Victorians!

360 suggests all ..... WA or Vic papers are local, Channel 7 news is local, as is radio through the week, no comparison to Fox which aspires to a national coverage, certainly not just the 3 postcode.

How are the ratings?
360 isn’t a reference to national.

That is just a throwaway line to flag that it comes at it from ‘all angles’ - they have coaches, players, ex-players, fans view. They review, preview and talk hot topics.

Each week and show has a pattern

Monday hero, get the coaches in. Get their take on a weekend controversy...the state of the game etc.

Monday hero was Ronke a Sydney player. They also spent plenty of time on the classic finish of the showdown, with the multiple radio cuts.

It is only really late in the week when they start talking about the upcoming games, ins and outs on Thursday, and again it is all about most to lose, doomsday scenario etc

People need to get a grip, if footy media isn’t talking about your team it means they are actually traveling ok.

360 isn’t a reference to national.

That is just a throwaway line to flag that it comes at it from ‘all angles’
False advertising

It's mostly from the Essendon, Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney and AFL angle

The Hawthorn angle is Robbo ranting about why one of our players should've been suspended.

The other clubs don't get much of a look in unless they whore themselves out and give unfettered access like Port and the Bulldogs did a few years ago.

Last edited:
I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....

Welcome to how crows fans felt last year. And to some point still this year. As a supporter it's annoying but Enjoy them ignoring you. It should be an advantage.

But the ad they ran on foxtel last year claiming fox footy was "no bias, national coverage" was just a bold faced lie, and added an annoying sting in the tail. Paying to watch, being told it was unbiased and getting completely bias coverage.

On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol
None
Zero
Zip
:doughnut:

Even the Dockers struggle to get a mention

That's untrue. Currently in the Adelaide advertiser these are the leading afl sports stories. Quick google of "the advertiser sport" will show you.

Screenshot_20180517-111515.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's untrue. Currently in the Adelaide advertiser these are the leading afl sports stories. Quick google of "the advertiser sport" will show you.

View attachment 498352

But you exported Kane Cornes to SEN

Some actions are unforgivable

Go on ...

...?

I find AFL360 fairly balanced. They focus more on the Melbourne teams but there are 9 of them + Geelong and that's where most of the footy media is based. A lot of the footy media barely know what's going on in Melbourne let alone elsewhere. I'd rather some dickwad like Damien Barrett just not talk about West Coast rather than regurgitating dumb second hand opinions.

Eagles fans complaining about media bias that’s rich,living in Perth it’s all you hear about.
I stopped getting the paper here years ago as even in summer when cricket is on its pages and pics of the ruckman or some other eagles flog and very little about other sports or teams.

I don’t watch any of the local tv news channels because it’s so eagles orientated as well.

You have the chief writer for a local Melbourne toilet paper as one of the hosts telling everyone what he’s written tomorrow. It’s a Victorian show dressed up as a national show.

If you want national coverage watch On The Couch. Ditch the old run down schtik of the odd couple n complain to Foxtel via email.
By all means The Sydney Morning Herald can have Slobbo for free

Eagles fans complaining about media bias that’s rich,living in Perth it’s all you hear about.
I stopped getting the paper here years ago as even in summer when cricket is on its pages and pics of the ruckman or some other eagles flog and very little about other sports or teams.

I don’t watch any of the local tv news channels because it’s so eagles orientated as well.

Just on this, who reads the paper anymore? And even worse who buys it? Same for the “news”. Maybe people who watch n talk about who wants to be a celebrity while “renovating” a house meeting their husband/wife get me out of here on an island celebrity cooking personality show?

i’d actually like to see a show called vfl360

even a show like WAFL Waffle might be more interesting than a carlton v gold coast replay

No you wouldn’t. There already is a show on WA fta tv that does this. I caught a glimpse of it the other day. Josh Kennedy is better than Lance Franklin they suggested. You’d get this drivel all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back