Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see Woosha dishing it back. I actually can't remember him doing it when he coached us.

Under far more pressure this time around without a glittering career with the club and premiership to garner him east coast media respect.

Magnificent player and captain, but was kissed on the dick with the WC midfield (inc Cox) and was an average game day coach.

2005 GF was an absolute debacle and similarly in the 2012 final against Norf (162-66), didn't rest key players (Kennedy, NN and Cox) in the last 1/4 on 33 degree day leaving us cooked to play the Wobbles in Melbourne. That extra 8 goals in the last really helped our %.

Won 2006 on the back of some outstanding individual players and a team buy in (Woosha does get kudo's for this).

Doesn't have the same standing at the Bombers and seems as if the players aren't buying in.

This isn't going to end well.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why people will actually watch the royal wedding?

Are they just bored or do they actually believe that some people should be celebrated just because they were born into a position of power and wealth based upon an antiquated model of societal organisation?

It's embarrassing that we as a country seem to care about some rich and powerful family just because we're told to.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why people will actually watch the royal wedding?

Are they just bored or do they actually believe that some people should be celebrated just because they were born into a position of power and wealth based upon an antiquated model of societal organisation?

It's embarrassing that we as a country seem to care about some rich and powerful family just because we're told to.

My wife wants to see the dress. Who am I to say no? It plays into the Disney Princess fairytales she was raised on.

My Grandma also cares. She is a Pom and received a signed letter from the Queen when she and my Grandpa celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

yeah its a disgrace. I can understand Pom in England celebrating it but not people around the world.

I strongly suspect most people who are interested or who will watch it aren’t necessarily ‘celebrating’ it - they’re just curious.

I’m sure if there was a show on TV that was literally just live streams of weddings, people would watch

Rather the royal wedding than the Kardashians.

Rather getting kicked in the pills than either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chicks dig weddings. And they all wanted to be princesses growing up. Great combo of the two.

Yeah true Id just love us to win one before them.

4-0 sounds so much better than 3-1.

Also would love to win one before the Doggies and crows again so they cant equal us and before Kangaroos so we can equal them and Brisbane Lions so we can get one up on them and Port so its not 3-2 and stK so its 4-1

Saints is 4-0. Should only count AFL Premierships.

I thought teams couldn't use prior instances/examples in their defence at tribunal hearings ? I swear we got hit with that last year or the year before.
This is what I thought too. There were plenty of examples we could’ve used last week to get Nic off (whether we didnt by choice, I’m not sure) and I remember last year not being able to use precedence as part of the defence. Yet this week both Ziebell and the Curnows have brought up prior instances to back up their claims. There’s no set system, just a whole lot of grey areas open to interpretation depending on who or when it is. There’s no one to call them out or hold them accountable so they just do what suits the narrative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back