News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so I really like the new stadium but there are two things that are just plain awful

1 - Food
My sister is celiac and nightshade (tomato and related) allergic and there are almost no options. You can pick Sushi and that’s it. And yes we have tried every level every food stall.
It’s appalling that all food is provided by the same company. And worse that even normal selections are so bad. I miss the food in the bill Walker room and I never thought I would say that.

2 - Transport
I go to the football with an friend in his 70’s. He is not disabled but the walk to and from the busses or trains is a long way for him. The lineup for trains and buses hurt his hips. There are no where near enough lifts (seriously 4 sets in a stadium of 60k is crazy) and he said that he probably won’t be able to come next year because of all this.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok so I really like the new stadium but there are two things that are just plain awful

1 - Food
My sister is celiac and nightshade (tomato and related) allergic and there are almost no options. You can pick Sushi and that’s it. And yes we have tried every level every food stall.
It’s appalling that all food is provided by the same company. And worse that even normal selections are so bad. I miss the food in the bill Walker room and I never thought I would say that.

2 - Transport
I go to the football with an friend in his 70’s. He is not disabled but the walk to and from the busses or trains is a long way for him. The lineup for trains and buses hurt his hips. There are no where near enough lifts (seriously 4 sets in a stadium of 60k is crazy) and he said that he probably won’t be able to come next year because of all this.

There are gluten free meat pies. Not sure if that helps.

Agreed about the walk/lines for oldies. Transperth need to address that - maybe we should send them a note, so they know it's an issue.

1 - Food

2 - Transport
I took my 87 year old Grandma last weekend. She's a mad Docker's supporter but never been to a game before (admittedly not the most exciting game to take her to but she was happy). She lives down South so drove to the Armadale station (and home after the game - pretty impressive) and then came up on the train (met her at the station). She's got a walking stick so we were just patient with the lifts, took our time on the stairs to seats, and I made sure she snuck through the barrier to the train station on the way home so she didn't have to endure the snake walk.

I think they've mostly got it right but I do wonder if they've considered some courtesy vehicles to help seniors get to and from the stations. I was more annoyed about a bunch of people in their 30s/40s using the lifts when they really didn't need to. Should be exclusive to seniors/pwds and their helpers, families with kids should use the escalators and everyone else should be on the stairs.

Completely agree re food - byo is my suggestion, much better food and don't need to leave your seat to line up for overly expensive cr*p. And you also don't annoy anyone having to squeeze past them and knocking over their beer/drink. A few weeks back we had a bunch of non-members down from us who would sit in their seats during the breaks yapping but then get up and try to pass us at the start of each quarter and then come back midway through. Not normally a violent person but they were testing that.

There are gluten free meat pies. Not sure if that helps.

Agreed about the walk/lines for oldies. Transperth need to address that - maybe we should send them a note, so they know it's an issue.

I am an "oldie" (I guess) with a bad knee. I find going to the new stadium very challenging and tiring. It is not just Transperth. Standing and waiting for the security when entering and for lifts while being jostled in a crowd is quite discomforting and the amount of walking from the bus stop to and from our seats seems daunting.

I did not have a bad knee last year and I guess Subi would have been quite difficult.

I think they've mostly got it right but I do wonder if they've considered some courtesy vehicles to help seniors get to and from the stations. I was more annoyed about a bunch of people in their 30s/40s using the lifts when they really didn't need to. Should be exclusive to seniors/pwds and their helpers, families with kids should use the escalators and everyone else should be on the stairs.

Even golf carts that could take people from the stadium to the train or bus

I am an "oldie" (I guess) with a bad knee. I find going to the new stadium very challenging and tiring. It is not just Transperth. Standing and waiting for the security when entering and for lifts while being jostled in a crowd is quite discomforting and the amount of walking from the bus stop to and from our seats seems daunting.

I did not have a bad knee last year and I guess Subi would have been quite difficult.

For us it is a much longer walk than Subi. Neither the train nor the buses are as close as the subi train was. My friend requires a walking stick and we had to argue with the gate keepers so he didn’t have to walk the entire S for the train. Just dreadful.

I understand that logistics are more difficult for elderly people. However this stadium holds 60k people upgradeable to 70k. It takes more space to effeciently disperse that many people.

1 - Food

2 - Transport

An friend?! An friend?!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

But yes, you're right about the food options. Where did you find the sushi? I couldn't find any on level 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its meant to be like that with the park, to affect change in peoples habits getting to games. The issue is around the stadium is boring, theres no vibe or atmosphere so no reason to go early, have an early meal or something and avoid the rush and Bus/train traffic jams.

The food is absolute garbage to, the same if not worse than Subi. Seriously POS catering company running that s**t show.

Whatever the faults of the new stadium train station, being further from the ground than the stations at Subi is not one of them. It's at least twice as close as west leederville is to Subi is at its closest point.
For the throng of fans who walk to/from the East Perth train station - come July August it's going to be a legal issue when you have 1000's of departing fans trudging along in the mud and rain going under the Windan bridge. Some decent infrastructure & lighting is sorely needed along this avenue.

Its meant to be like that with the park, to affect change in peoples habits getting to games. The issue is around the stadium is boring, theres no vibe or atmosphere so no reason to go early, have an early meal or something and avoid the rush and Bus/train traffic jams.

The food is absolute garbage to, the same if not worse than Subi. Seriously POS catering company running that s**t show.

I disagree. We used to rock up at the last minute a Subi but we've been going early and making a day of it. I quite like the Camfield and our kid loves the playgrounds. We went to the area around the stadium during the day during school holidays and it was pretty busy.

I disagree. We used to rock up at the last minute a Subi but we've been going early and making a day of it. I quite like the Camfield and our kid loves the playgrounds. We went to the area around the stadium during the day during school holidays and it was pretty busy.
giphy.gif

There was meant to be a food and entertainment 'precinct', One mediocre beer garden, a mediocre playground and 4 food trucks does not constitute a precinct. Why didnt they build Camfield on the water, it has no sense of place, its like it just got plopped somewhere vaguely close.

View attachment 498703

There was meant to be a food and entertainment 'precinct', One mediocre beer garden, a mediocre playground and 4 food trucks does not constitute a precinct. Why didnt they build Camfield on the water, it has no sense of place, its like it just got plopped somewhere vaguely close.
They didn't build the Camfield, it was the old golf course clubhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back