AFL 360....VFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

Purplrrr

All Australian
Jun 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I dont think anyone has an issue with that.
I think its logical that the guests are most often victorians and therefore their teams are spoken account in THOSE SEGMENTS.

However I think its in just the bits with Robbo and Gerard that people think dont get a fair representation.

I kinda do have an issue with that... as I said, I don't watch it anymore, but it was always ask Scott or whoever about their team. When a more interesting question would be to ask them about a close game or a flogging, or something and ask for analysis about what one team is doing right or wrong. I remember them doing it sometimes, to be fair, but the norm is, so chris, talk about how Geelong went on the weekend.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
So?
Doesnt change the fact that my statement is correct.
How is it correct?

It is your opinion with no proof.

You don't know for certain that Dangerfield would not be president of the ALFPA if he was still in Adelaide.

He was vice president of the AFLPA when he was at Adelaide and it just happened that he moved to Geelong the same time Pavlich retired and stepped down as president. Next logical step was the vice president moves in to the top role.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I think that's actually less true.

So let's say everyone in Victoria is a raving-mad member of the 'AFL audience'. That's roughly 5.8 million people.
By comparison, everyone from SA and WA would roughly equal 4.3 million people. In comparing these audiences (three states where AFL is clearly at saturation point and peak engagement), you are correct.

But I'd also be willing to venture that there are more than a combined 1.5 million AFL followers/'audience' members across the roughly 13.4 million people throughout NSW/QLD/TAS/NT/ACT.

The ratings would suggest otherwise.

I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....
You realise West Coast are playing big Victorian club Richmond?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
But really, what's in a name, Mr. kWAlity? Call AFL 360 something else, people would still be bitter!

With all those options you cited (plus there's a tonne more, Channel 9 do a show solely dedicated to footy in the west, for example) anybody with a screen would be able to track down a dose of Eagles coverage pretty easily if they wanted it.

not sure that's the point, e.g I read The West each morning, & guess what its not gospel.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Eagles fans complaining about media bias that’s rich,living in Perth it’s all you hear about.
I stopped getting the paper here years ago as even in summer when cricket is on its pages and pics of the ruckman or some other eagles flog and very little about other sports or teams.

I don’t watch any of the local tv news channels because it’s so eagles orientated as well.

Why would you call a show 360 ?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
False advertising

It's mostly from the Essendon, Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney and AFL angle

The Hawthorn angle is Robbo ranting about why one of our players should've been suspended.

The other clubs don't get much of a look in unless they whore themselves out and give unfettered access like Port and the Bulldogs did a few years ago.

Not false advertising but certainly mislead me.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
God help me I’m almost tempted to say yes to this. At least that way we won’t get bumped by a surfing article on the front page after a win:rolleyes:
So now you have a slight chance of making the front page?
Things have improved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why should Victoria media cover the WA teams?
If they talked about the 2 WA teams the supporters of the Vic teams would switch off and they would loose viewers.
Get your own TV shows or stfu haha.
AFL 360 is a show watched by all teams supporters, and is a national show not just for Victorians haha

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
You're an idiot.
Yes they do sell it...very rare to see it though and generally nobody buys it except ex-pat vics.

Your comparison doesnt even get close to fitting what we're talking about.

Actually, it does. Perhaps if you followed the thread a bit closer and understood what the "issue" is?
Pretty clearly you are crying about lack of "content" directed to interstate clubs by a "national" TV show, Herald Sun is national, it is also largely about Victorian clubs as that is where the bulk of their readership live (just like AFL 360) yet you don't jump up and down and cry over that...
Of course we know that chip on your shoulder will scream about "Victorian bias!!" no matter what the reality is...

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Actually, it does. Perhaps if you followed the thread a bit closer and understood what the "issue" is?
Pretty clearly you are crying about lack of "content" directed to interstate clubs by a "national" TV show, Herald Sun is national, it is also largely about Victorian clubs as that is where the bulk of their readership live (just like AFL 360) yet you don't jump up and down and cry over that...
Of course we know that chip on your shoulder will scream about "Victorian bias!!" no matter what the reality is...

The herald sun is not a national paper.
Very few people outside of Vic buy it.
The Australian would be an example of a national paper.

If I buy a chinese domestic newspaper it doesnt mean that is an 'international newspaper'
Its a local paper that has been exported.

The reality is its a national show about a national competition. It should be as even as possible with distributed attention.
upload_2018-5-18_11-58-13.png

When news breaks IN VICTORIA

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
The herald sun is not a national paper.
Very few people outside of Vic buy it.
The Australian would be an example of a national paper.

If I buy a chinese domestic newspaper it doesnt mean that is an 'international newspaper'
Its a local paper that has been exported.

The reality is its a national show about a national competition. It should be as even as possible with distributed attention.
View attachment 498867
When news breaks IN VICTORIA

Is the editor getting this information from a poll in the toilet paper? Or from outside sources?

When the Herald was an afternoon paper and the Sun, a morning paper there was an old adage:

"If you can't think, read the Herald
If you can't read buy the Sun."

As the 'Hun's' Chief Footy writer (!), Robbo is the logical conclusion of the adage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back