Competitions Gold Coast Suns 2018 Fantasy/SuperCoach/DreamTeam Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did Aaron Hall have a new role on the weekend?

I looked at his "heatmap" on the AFL app and he had 8 rebound 50s and 80% of his possessions (19 of 24) in the defensive half of the ground. Looks like he had 9 in the D50 alone. Interested for a draft league (ultimate footy) and if he could eventually gain D eligibility. Cheers

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Did Aaron Hall have a new role on the weekend?

I looked at his "heatmap" on the AFL app and he had 8 rebound 50s and 80% of his possessions (19 of 24) in the defensive half of the ground. Looks like he had 9 in the D50 alone. Interested for a draft league (ultimate footy) and if he could eventually gain D eligibility. Cheers
Yeah he played off half back. I think he'll continue to play there.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Do you guys rate Brad Scheer? Will he keep his spot in the side?
Yes, Rate him highly.
Suspect he might not hold his place through to the end of the byes (which i assume is the period you are interested in) due to return of injured mids such as Fiorini

DraftPunk

Club Legend
Feb 9, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes, Rate him highly.
Suspect he might not hold his place through to the end of the byes (which i assume is the period you are interested in) due to return of injured mids such as Fiorini

Yes was hoping he’d stay for the byes but was wary of Fiorini. Might have to pass on him. Cheers mate.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hi guys i was wondering what kind of player is Heron is he a small forward?

Also how is his job security?
Yes, Small forward. Low JS, though historically we tend to give new guys 3 games before dropping them. so if that trend continues he might have 2 more games including this one.

TheByeRound

Debutant
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thoughts on Ben Ainsworth in a draft league?
Looking at stats it seems he had a positional change from round 7 onwards.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Thoughts on Ben Ainsworth in a draft league?
Looking at stats it seems he had a positional change from round 7 onwards.
If he's dangling on the waiver wire, Pick him up!

Most players in most leagues have a player squirreled away rotting on the reserves list yet to see the field, Swap him out for Benny.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, is Will Brodie's job security good? Or is he only playing because Lyons isn't? Also what kind of role has he been playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hello Suns, is Dawson likely to get a run of games from here?
The Suns team has been a revolving door for the young blokes this year. We've had guys coming asking the same question about Crossley, Brodie, Scheer, Heron. Based on the history I'd expect to see him play two more games and then go back to the twos. Buy at you own risk. The only real exception to this has been Ballard.

Last edited:

LeFtBehinD

Club Legend
May 28, 2007
Melb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any word on Barlow getting back into the side this week?

Seems strange that he can be getting 50 touches in the reserves and still nothing. Why did you recruit him for?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any word on Barlow getting back into the side this week?

Seems strange that he can be getting 50 touches in the reserves and still nothing. Why did you recruit him for?
Word from inside the club is he wont be offered a contract for next year. You would assume if true he wont play seniors again. As for why he was recruited when eade was running things he obviously wanted some experience onfield dew clearly doesnt like what he provides so poor bloke is resigned to playing local grade.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I’ll join if spots free when the year roles around. Came top 100 overall last year.

Bit of a fluke going off my previous years but be looking to back it up next year.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I’ll join if spots free when the year roles around. Came top 100 overall last year.

Bit of a fluke going off my previous years but be looking to back it up next year.
That’s how it always happens. One year your top 100 next your 20000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back