Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Crows, Geelong, Fremantle, Lions

Really respect how the former two clubs operate, the players that wear the jumper reflect their great cultures

Fremantle for being the far more palatable club over here, have a spirit and character, unlike the sickly corporate abomination across the road.

I realise Adelaide is similar to west coast in terms of foundation but they have far better ethos and messaging

Ill add a fourth,the lions. I lived in QLD during the three peat and was a pleasure seeing one of the greatest teams of all time in their pomp. Disappoints me seeing them as such a basket case now. I hope they head in an upward projectors soon.

Caesarr

Senior List
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Port - Always found them more interesting than Adelaide. Liked their colours too
Brisbane - Have so many good memories of them from the 3peat era. Also had a list of likeable players during the 2000s.
Fremantle / West Coast - Idk why, both WA clubs have resonated with me. Probably pick the Dockers now tho

Essendon, Sydney and Geelong on the other side. Would've had the Cats above the Swans, but have developed a bit more respect for the them over the years. They play a better system of footy too which helps.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Adelaide - really respect their resilience, have developed a really good team despite the loss of key players and not having access to priority picks.

Hawthorn - I have a visceral hatred of them but really respect how they operate.

North Melbourne - Underdogs probably since the whole Carey dust up. Have never really bottomed out. Hated our losing streak against them but admire them as a club.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Anyone who we beat up on regularly......:huh:.

Would like to see a side who has not won a flag for a looong time grab one ie. Demons, Saints, Dockers.

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
QLD based teams (I live in QLD) and Hawthorn (obviously) aside:

1. West Coast - have a soft spot for them and also the fact they have to put up with that purple vomit and their disgraceful supporters

2. Melbourne - have empathised with their long suffering fans and have always found myself cheering them on in games. Would love to see a Dees premiership in my lifetime.

3. Sydney - like that they're always there abouts. Like the terminator, just can't f**king get rid of them. Much admired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
Sydney - never say die, love the mental toughness of players like Kelly, Kennedy and McVeigh. Great song, great jersey and made me immensely happy in 2012. Plus, Sydney is a great town.

Carlton - liked the old arrogance, took some of the great Perth-based players of my childhood (Kenny Hunter a standout) and I used to love going to Percy's bar. Best collection of hopeless drunks in Melbourne.

Essendon - poison to many for their 'political correctness', but I think the club has done a lot to make this society a better place to live. At times they have played some of the most beautiful, attacking footy. Shame about the drugs. Club seems cursed. But i still love 'em - go you bombers (just don't beat us this afternoon).

ScoobySnacks

All Australian
Jul 3, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That was really tough, but I could only bring myself to select two:

- Dees - proud club with a long history that have suffered for a long time. I find their supporters to be the least feral of any club in the league (except for Sydney supporters, but they are clueless muppets)

- Dogs - always the underdog, perennially broke, perrenially stumbling at the finish line. Couldn’t have been happier to see them win the flag in 2016

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Going

First two because they bring an exciting brand, have always found their games enjoying irrespective of ladder position. Kangas for the culture. Could easily put Sydney down as respect but they piss me off, so not a fav.

1. Hawks
2. Tigers
3. Kangas

Brisbane - just from the 01-03 era, such a great team to watch and you cant help but love greatness
West Coast - loved watching judd cousins kerr and their big cox carry that team like a bunch of heroes among mortals
Geelong - just had so many lovable players in their great days: bartel, chappy the standouts but just so many

other than that give me any interstater over a vic club anyday. geelong in that weird spot where theyre victoria but not really the same

Hawthorn: because someone I care about supports them

Lions: love their jumper and when they won their 3 peat they were just awesome to watch. Have a soft spot for them. I enjoy watching them this year too. Very unlucky not to have 2 or 3 wins

Geelong: I like cats and I had a crush on Jimmy Bartel until he grew a beard lol

Brisbane, Hawks, West Coast for me.

Brisbane because they’re a lot better than their win/loss record suggests. They’ve got some exciting young talent that could be great players in the future.

Hawks because they always manage to be round abouts and I love Roughy! Think he’s awesome and have a lot of respect and admiration for the big guy.

West Coast because I love how they’re playing this year.

Also West Coast and Hawthorn for the Rioli factor. :D

Think all three Rioli’s in the competition are pretty good players.

emilybrown

Debutant
Dec 10, 2008
deerpark
AFL Club
Melbourne
1: Doggies ~ completed my year 11 and 12 with Vic Uni and the Dogs. They gave us great access and insight into the football club. Got to meet and spend time with the players a lot so became my second team.

2: Richmond ~ When I was 8 my favourite player was a good looking skinny young 18 year old Brad Miller. Lucky enough to get to know him over the years and he did little things like call me when I won my under 12s Grand Final and danced with me at the bnf. Also gave me a signed richmond jumper when he retired to say thank you for being a big supporter and believer of him. He always made an effort and ill never forget what my idol did. Best bloke. I was always going to follow him where ever he went and that happened to be Richmond.

3: Brisbane ~ have family up in brisbane and its a game me and my melbourne family go to when we’re playing up there. Fans have been great towards us and have met some great ones at the games.

Back