Recent delistings - where are they now?

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely not, I clicked through from a FB post and it worked fine for me ... More than 1 game, not the whole season. Apparently played for a Vic team somewhere last weekend.

Not sure, I guess it depends on how many games he's playing. Given he played for a Vic team last weekend, sounds like he might be doing the mercenary thing ... Wouldn't have imagined he'd be on bad coin with his roles at the club.

Yeah, I figured the VFLW job was an opportunity to keep him at the club and pay him as part of the deal with ripping up his contract.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Who we talking about. I’m not subscribing to the paper just to read
Colin Garland. He retired at the end of last year, still with a year left on his contract, but was "looked after" by the club, given an Assistant Coaching role with our AFLW team, and the Head Coach job with Casey's VFLW team, only to pass it in just before the season started, and he's now popped up playing a few games for North Hobart in the TSL.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Colin Garland. He retired at the end of last year, still with a year left on his contract, but was "looked after" by the club, given an Assistant Coaching role with our AFLW team, and the Head Coach job with Casey's VFLW team, only to pass it in just before the season started, and he's now popped up playing a few games for North Hobart in the TSL.

Thanks

Was he supposed to be playing at Casey when his coaching commitments allowed as well? Or did I just imagine that?
He was meant too but sadly wasnt able to get games

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
anyone know where Obst and Sean Charles are these days?
Sean Charles was living in Swan Hill in North West Victoria. I don’t think he’s played footy in over a decade. I played with him for two seasons at a club in the Central Murray Football League. I’ve said it previously but we just used to spectate our on the ground, watching him do his thing. He was incredible. The best player I’ve ever seen by a margin. We were an uncompetitive side but he improved us by at least 5-6 goals a game.

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
Sean Charles was living in Swan Hill in North West Victoria. I don’t think he’s played footy in over a decade. I played with him for two seasons at a club in the Central Murray Football League. I’ve said it previously but we just used to spectate our on the ground, watching him do his thing. He was incredible. The best player I’ve ever seen by a margin. We were an uncompetitive side but he improved us by at least 5-6 goals a game.

did you ever ask him about playing for the dees? that wrist injury really shortened his run with us unfortunately.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
did you ever ask him about playing for the dees? that wrist injury really shortened his run with us unfortunately.
I think he might of badly broken his leg and wasn’t able to train enough on it to stay at AFL level fitness. Hopefully he got some sort of compo for a career ending injury but I don’t know.
I never had that many conversations with him. I would have loved too. He used to rock up about five minutes before the bounce each game. We were never sure if he was going to be there. Then when he arrived in the rooms there was a huge collective ‘thank *!’

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
I think he might of badly broken his leg and wasn’t able to train enough on it to stay at AFL level fitness. Hopefully he got some sort of compo for a career ending injury but I don’t know.
I never had that many conversations with him. I would have loved too. He used to rock up about five minutes before the bounce each game. We were never sure if he was going to be there. Then when he arrived in the rooms there was a huge collective ‘thank ****!’

The leg break was in the first quarter of his first game at Carlton in '97 after we traded him. Then St Kilda drafted him out of nowhere a couple of years later when they were complete piss.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If anyone was wondering what James Magner was up to these days, I found him in my LinkedIn invites.

20180828_192423.jpg

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
With all the other clubs announcing delistings, have we made any changes to our list as of yet?
Not publicly, would hope the exit interviews are happening after we've won the Casey & AFL grand finals.

Back