Review Round 9, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Hawthorn

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't put him in the votes but that was Hodge's best game of the year by a mile. If he can play a bit closer to that level more consistently and we can avoid him having to man up quick small forwards, it will be worth it for all the other stuff he brings to the table.

Should you still feel warm and euphoric for this long or is it a happiness OD?

Lions I know we have been fighting and I say mean things but it's only because I get so upset because you break my heart.

I do love you.....

And I love you too man....

Oh you meant the Lions.

One player that probably isn’t up among the best but might deserve more credit is Lewy Taylor, not because of what he did with the ball but what he did when they had it.

There were a number of times when Hawthorn were looking to do what they love, find easy targets to get out of the defensive 50 with their precision kicking. Taylor worked hard to cut off the easy out and it forced them to take the ball out the hard way.

I doubt it showed up on TV or in any stats but he worked so hard on cutting off that route out of defence that the Hawks were looking for. Hard running to zones meant that they were slowed down and couldn’t really get quick transitions.

Oh how sweet it was to be there in person to witness that.
Hell ***** yeah the Lions cubs did freaking awesome.
#6 is a star in the making - god help anyone getting in his road when he fills out.
Mitchell was about as useless as Heppell yesterday. Butcher hacker central.
Eric was wonderful and has his mojo back.
Woulda won by 80+ had the umps not consistently give Hawks goals from free kicks... especially umpire #11 (flog)

I think most around here would say I am one of the naysayers. I don't think our future is as awesome as it's made out, because of current list makeup and issues with the AFL creating a two-tiered competition, and sadly I think we'll be back down in a couple of years following key player retirements. I have been happy with some performances this year (Power, Pies, Suns) and disappointed by others (Tigers, Giants, Dogs). I was quite vocal after last weeks' loss because I felt that we played bad football, and didn't deserve to win. I stand by that. We did not show up to play last week.

That said, I've never said any of the rubbish you've put there, and I haven't seen anyone else saying that. If you want to quote, include the source - don't make up quotes and then use them to criticise. Especially because the vast majority of us considered "naysayers" love the club and want us to do well, but just don't see another premiership in the near future. Don't mistake that for wanting us to fail. I am a member, go to games, watch on TV, and support the club, despite of not having a lot of hope - and I would be delighted to be proven wrong on that. What kind of miserable person would want their team to lose? Of course I was cheering along and thrilled for us to win, as were most Lions fans on here who would be considered "naysayers". If we win every game from here, I'd be freaking ecstatic.

Saying "up yours" to other fans of the same club is saying "this win is for those of who who share my opinion". It's divisive, it's juvenile and it's dumb. Grow up.
The people who get on here and say i will never support them again. I must be reading something different then. Coming from supporting Fitzroy and LOSING your club, watching your mum in tears at the second last game against Richmond at the G and the last game against freo, and then people get on here and say that's it the club has lost me. Everyone has their own opinions i know but i don't get it how people can just throw away the club they support. (or say they will ). Don't know why you have taken it so personally. Didn't think i put your name to my post. Its a dig to the people who have got on here and have given up on our club. If you haven't seen any of those comments then i must be smoking to much of the wacky tobacco. Don't think giving up on your club is showing to much love. I will never get on here and bag the s**t out of the club. The most degrading comment i have said on this forum would have been calling out Richy for not commiting to the contest last week which caused a goal to Gowers. Over supporting the last 48 years and my mum 70 years its not in my nature to give up on our club and i will give it to the people who do as they won't know what they have lost until it has gone. You are saying I am devisive and to grow up. Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back