Preview Changes for R10 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to make changes to a team like that. If Yeo needs a rest than hopefully Shuey comes in as the only change.

If Yeo doesn't need a rest (surely he will) than you'd think the outs would be Ah Chee or Hutchings. Not that they were the worst performed but the coaches will likely drop one of those two.

I reckon Jakey Waterman is one of those players where you have to use his full name.

In: Shuey Petrucelle
Out: Yeo Hutchings
Depends on availability obviously.
No offence but I dont get why some are suggesting Petrucelle comes in. He's probably lucky there were injuries earlier allowing him to debut. I cant see him getting a game at the moment unless someone else gets injured.

OUT: Past results v Hawks in Victoria

IN: 2018

7MDOG.gif

Every week I see idiots saying Waterman should be dropped. He is outstanding, linked perfectly today. We do not look slow at all with him in the team.

Only change is if Shuey is fit and if so than Hutchings goes out.

Waterman is a massive reason why Darling is playing well i reckon.. He's doing the leg work up the ground so the King can focus on being inside the 50. Watching Waterman's running patterns from level 5 is a massive eye-opener. You don't see the hard work he does on tv.. His tank is huge for a 19 year old.

Out: Lathlain's Perth-sized training ground
In: Lathlain's MCG-sized training ground

For the rest of the year. Time to really nail those dimensions.
Game is at Etihad ;)

Every week I see idiots saying Waterman should be dropped. He is outstanding, linked perfectly today. We do not look slow at all with him in the team.
I don't think he should be dropped on form. But I assume he'll need a break at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he should be dropped on form. But I assume he'll need a break at some point.
He has the bye. In good form, if his form drops them maybe rest him but is important in our structure.

If Yeo's knee is not good:

In: Shuey
Out: Yeo

If Yeo is ok.

Out: Ah Chee

Possibly harsh for Ah Chee, but that's the consequence of having a good team.

Masten's defensive running is key to our capability in stopping teams hitting us on the counter - he is near undroppable at the moment.

Hutchings is a major factor behind Redden and Yeo taking the next step in the midfield. The amount of blocking he is doing for his team-mates whilst negating the impact of the opposition best on-baller allows the others to convert our ruck dominance into effective possession.

Waterman is simply playing too good to be dropped; he leads the team for goal assists, plays intelligently, works back extremely hard and is arguably the catalyst for Darling going to a level that few of us thought could reach.

Waterman is a massive reason why Darling is playing well i reckon.. He's doing the leg work up the ground so the King can focus on being inside the 50. Watching Waterman's running patterns from level 5 is a massive eye-opener. You don't see the hard work he does on tv.. His tank is huge for a 19 year old.
Future Embley?

Sheed and Ah chee were the worst performed mids, masten losing a little form. Hutchings keeps performing tbh. Depends on availability but if Shuey is fit and nobody is injured then.

Out: Ah Chee

If Yeo is out and shuey isn't fit then I think Ainsworth deserves another go.
It would be a pity to drop Ah Chee. I think we're still figuring out how he slots in and two weeks hasn't allowed us to do that just yet.

Could he be the new RoJo but not as s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back