Star Wars What Star Wars Spin-offs Do You Want?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Lucas was gonna add Fett flying out of the pit in to ROTJ special edition, but decided against it as he seen it as being distracting to the story. He considered Boba alive though.

Sent from mTalk

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
So, is the Emperor dead? I mean, we never saw the autopsy?

There are different expectations on films than cartoons. Bringing Maul back for a cartoon was silly (he was chopped in half, for Christ's sake), but cartoons get away with it. I would be very surprised to hear a mention of him surviving in films.

Han and Luke were taken to the Sarlaac to be executed, the clear implication being that it kills you. Fett fell in. The proper assumption is he's dead. Could they decide to bring him back? Sure, but I would be surprised if they did in the films. If there's a Fett film, I'd expect it to be set before ROTJ.
Lol.
You'll know why I lol'd soon. ;)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Ffs Jack

The sarlaac doesn't kill outright, hence the bit about a new meaning of pain and agony as you are slowly digested. You stay alive for that.

Given the rarity of jet packs, the sarlaac probably never had consumed somebody with one before Fett.

Sent from mTalk

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Ffs Jack

The sarlaac doesn't kill outright, hence the bit about a new meaning of pain and agony as you are slowly digested. You stay alive for that.

Given the rarity of jet packs, the sarlaac probably never had consumed somebody with one before Fett.

Sent from mTalk
Not saying you can't write your way around it; saying you shouldn't. I've read the EU, I've read plenty of stories set post-ROTJ with Fett, just hope they don't take that approach in film. Just because a character is popular doesn't mean you have to undo his arc/fate.

Also, it can digest you as long as it likes but a couple days without water or a week without food and you're dead.

So, is the Emperor dead? I mean, we never saw the autopsy?

There are different expectations on films than cartoons. Bringing Maul back for a cartoon was silly (he was chopped in half, for Christ's sake), but cartoons get away with it. I would be very surprised to hear a mention of him surviving in films.

Han and Luke were taken to the Sarlaac to be executed, the clear implication being that it kills you. Fett fell in. The proper assumption is he's dead. Could they decide to bring him back? Sure, but I would be surprised if they did in the films. If there's a Fett film, I'd expect it to be set before ROTJ.

Haha ok mate, let's revisit sometime down the track.

I'm reasonably certain Maul will be in the Kenobi film.

The clear implication? Did you listen to the dialogue in that film? "There you will be slowly digested over a thousand years" ring a bell? After Han joked about hating long waits to be executed. So Fett.. in full armour.. falls into a pit where he isn't even eaten immediately. Of course he could be stuck in there and die, but the comment that he dies in ROTJ is categorically wrong.

Not saying you can't write your way around it; saying you shouldn't. I've read the EU, I've read plenty of stories set post-ROTJ with Fett, just hope they don't take that approach in film. Just because a character is popular doesn't mean you have to undo his arc/fate.

Also, it can digest you as long as it likes but a couple days without water or a week without food and you're dead.

Oh I see, so you're going from "Well the film clearly implies that the monster kills people" to "Well, you'd starve to death anyway" :D

You know he was wearing a suit of armour with weapons right? Reckon he might think to try and use some of them to get out if he's only being slowly digested?

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IMO the best way to show Boba Fett on screen again would be in a movie focused on the criminal underworld of the galaxy with other notable bounty hunters (IG-88, Dengar, Bossk etc). Solo might (hopefully) venture into this area with a brief cameo, but I think there's enough material there to work with for its own story.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
IMO the best way to show Boba Fett on screen again would be in a movie focused on the criminal underworld of the galaxy with other notable bounty hunters (IG-88, Dengar, Bossk etc). Solo might (hopefully) venture into this area with a brief cameo, but I think there's enough material there to work with for its own story.
Yep, plenty of potential without resorting to narrative twists worthy of a 10-year-old's fan fiction. That said, do we even need a Fett film? Sure, he looked pretty cool but that's not reason enough to make a whole film about him. Reckon we've milked OT nostalgia enough.

Yep, plenty of potential without resorting to narrative twists worthy of a 10-year-old's fan fiction. That said, do we even need a Fett film? Sure, he looked pretty cool but that's not reason enough to make a whole film about him. Reckon we've milked OT nostalgia enough.

Yeah if any Star Wars film started to feel like a second-rate fan fiction I'd hate it and I'm sure you'd be right there with me.

.. :think:

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
A Boba Fett movie would be set before Return of the Jedi. Him coming back from the dead would be stupid and the war would be over.

A Boba Fett movie would be set before Return of the Jedi. Him coming back from the dead would be stupid and the war would be over.

You do know he didn't fight in the war right? His relevance post-ROTJ would be entirely independent of the Civil War.

They should/shouldve put Fett in the Solo film, like say 15-20 mind of screen time, after solo flees the academy, a fugitive, after the train heist, Fett on their tale. Would give further gravity to ROTJ scene where han hears bobba is there and panics.

Fett wouldn't be on their tail, it'd make no sense unless whoever the Solo gang are after hired him, which would still be a bit weird anyway since he generally works for Jabba.

Don't think Han panics in ROTJ, he's just basically saying "What, really? Boba's here? Where?" and spins around and hit him by mistake.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
You do know he didn't fight in the war right? His relevance post-ROTJ would be entirely independent of the Civil War.

Disney won't set a stand alone movie after the war. They want to cram in as many references to the original trilogy as possible.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
For some reason, I always thought the sarlaac monster was destroyed in that explosion. When Luke destroyed Jabba’s sail barges.

There have been rumours for a while now that he has a cameo of sorts in Solo.

Disney won't set a stand alone movie after the war. They want to cram in as many references to the original trilogy as possible.

Their new TV show is set 7 years after the war.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Nah it would just show off Fett's resourcefulness and he doesn't have to be apart of the galactic civil war, he can be apart of an underworld war instead.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

TBH I don't think we need a Fett movie or even the Obi-Wan movie. Their stories might be better suited for Disney's streaming format instead of the box office

Did I miss some news? I heard Jon Favreau was attached to the live action series but with no details. Resistance, the cartoon, is set post-ROTJ.
You missed some news.

His series has been confirmed as 7 ABY.

They should/shouldve put Fett in the Solo film, like say 15-20 mind of screen time, after solo flees the academy, a fugitive, after the train heist, Fett on their tale. Would give further gravity to ROTJ scene where han hears bobba is there and panics.
Fett’s bounty fee would be too high for such a small crime ;)

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Back