Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Ill take that over losing to bottom 4 sides any day :p
Exactly. Even since the Roos era dropping winnable games was our specialty. I'm thinking Carlton 2016, Essendon 2016, North Melbourne x 2 2017, Collingwood 2017, Fremantle 2017, Hawthorn 2017 just off the top of my head.

It's refreshing to actually to be winning those types of games easily now. I owe it to no pre season camp.

Yep disappointing! Need to claim an unexpected scalp to make up for it I think. This week against Adelaide would be a good start. If we can win one of the Adelaide games and finish the job next time we play Geelong we really should be in a good spot come finals time.
Need to win both Adelaide games for it to count, given their injuries this time around. Port and Collingwood are must wins, and we need to beat one one of the Sydney teams. It’s gonna be a very long season, still think we’ll be lucky to scrape a home final

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
HS suggesting that Josh Mahoney is a contender to replace Peter Jackson as CEO. Interesting.

As a side note, I was wondering whether any/all of Lewis, Vince and Jones have intentions of becoming a coach? The benefit of Mitchell playing that season at the Eagles is that he understands how his charges actually play the game and respond to different situations, having actually played alongside them.

Just like Crossy gives us serious value, I wonder whether these guys would? From a culture perspective, Bernie especially seems very popular and keen to hang around as long as possible.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
HS suggesting that Josh Mahoney is a contender to replace Peter Jackson as CEO. Interesting.

As a side note, I was wondering whether any/all of Lewis, Vince and Jones have intentions of becoming a coach? The benefit of Mitchell playing that season at the Eagles is that he understands how his charges actually play the game and respond to different situations, having actually played alongside them.

Just like Crossy gives us serious value, I wonder whether these guys would? From a culture perspective, Bernie especially seems very popular and keen to hang around as long as possible.

I'd love to see Lewis transition into an assistant coaching role at the dees in 2020

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I see the Lever vs Crows stories are already doing the rounds in the media. its probably a good thing, switch the players minds over to this weeks game instead of basking in the glory of belting the Blues for too long.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hasn't been done by us or by anyone?
Anyone I think. They didn't spend much time on it, but thats the way I understood it. 3 and half game doesn't sound like much, but I suppose the chances that the team didn't let up for that long, or played 4 clubs worse that them, or at least not competitive ...

We've had two complete and utter thumpings of the opposition and once again the media isn't talking about us.

Good.

We've had two complete and utter thumpings of the opposition and once again the media isn't talking about us.

Good.
cant link it to missing the pre season camp i suppose

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Ashley Browne, one of the AFL website journo's on SEN just before, our 14qrt winning streak apparently hasn't been done in the last century.

What is the record for quarters won in a row?

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
What is the record for quarters won in a row?

21 by Geelong in their recent dominant years, it was linked above. At the moment our streak of 14 puts us at equal ninth of all time. If we win all four quarters against Adelaide we go into second place all time, behind only Geelong.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Saw some amazing stats from AFL player ratings. For the most part I think these systems are flawed but it's interesting discussion.

Jake Melksham is #1 in the AFL for goal assists.

His game against Carlton was in the top 5 rated games by anyone since 2010.

Player ratings form ratings which are based off a 4 week period have Gawn 2nd in the AFL, Melksham 3rd in the AFL. ANB is 48th in the AFL and Gus in the 50s. We aren't just beating teams at the moment we are flying. Let's hope the faith in these blokes is rewarded against the best.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hey - how nice is it having Viney back. He’ll be into the swing and doing serious damage in no time. I was particularly pleased to see how cheerful he looked after the game. When he bopped up to the commentary team in the rooms after, he didn’t look like a guy concerned about soreness in his foot.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tuned in to Talking Football (s**t) to see chunk , looks and sounds like a man really enjoying his football right now . According to McClure the blues will make finals in 2020 hahaha . Pretty boy Darcy wants a brother rule like father son , Carey just states the obvious like its a new revelation , BT is hilarious when he tries to sound intelligent . Awful show .

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tuned in to Talking Football (s**t) to see chunk , looks and sounds like a man really enjoying his football right now . According to McClure the blues will make finals in 2020 hahaha . Pretty boy Darcy wants a brother rule like father son , Carey just states the obvious like its a new revelation , BT is hilarious when he tries to sound intelligent . Awful show .
yeah turned it off after Jones was on cant stand any of the campaigners on that show

According to Champion data Melbourne have not had a 4 week period like this since 1964.

Shall I just take the lid off now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back