Toast Tommy Jonas

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yup agreed, both were excellent kicks and both are liabilities now.

Not sure what's going on in training but I feel a number of players have gone backwards with their kicking.

SPP, whilst never having a great looking technique, was a good kick, and a great shot at goal. His kicking is pretty bad right now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Skindy

Senior List
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas's kicking is actually underrated. Definitely one of our best dual sided kickers alongside Bonner and maybe Gray. Generally kicks the ball flat, hard and direct which maybe isn't as pretty as the perfectly weighted softer kicks but is definitely effective. He is in our top 5 players.

Tom Jonas is currently ranked 1st in marks(80), 3rd in intercepts(78) and 4th in one-percenters(78).

Should be a walk-up start to the AA team. The lack of recognition he’s getting this year is a disgrace.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas's kicking is actually underrated. Definitely one of our best dual sided kickers alongside Bonner and maybe Gray. Generally kicks the ball flat, hard and direct which maybe isn't as pretty as the perfectly weighted softer kicks but is definitely effective. He is in our top 5 players.
whatever you are smoking, i'll take a few bags

Edit: Make that a few kgs

It was Jonas that delivered the ball to Neade on the run lace out that resulted in the cross to Sam Gray in the Showdown.

When Westhoff tried it, he ****ed it up.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
38bxyQW.gif

One of my favourite gifs. '13 at the SCG. #42.

Remember that day fondly. 13k crowd. 13 degrees, was absolutely freezing.

Dom Cassisi got booted in the head but he ignored it and kept diving on the ball and won the contest.

Wasn't it Houston to Watts to Gray?

Two different passages. The one you’re referring to was Q3, the one Janus was referring to was Q2 (although Janus left out Motlop as the link between Neade and Gray).

Back