2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice get Dog! This result doesn't get splashed around on the AFLQ site bc it is not aligned with the AFL per se but is the real start of rep footy for these boys. Being involved with that side, I can tell you the boys were an absolute ripper bunch, some kids who if you had a draft for 15's this year would pick themselves in the top 20 (in fact 1 boy, Tom Fullarton, I could near guarantee would go #1, best player in the country right now for this age group) and just a great group. To finish 2nd to a combined Vic side by 2 kicks and to smash WA and SA were real highlights for the lads.
The real tester though is their improvement from 2014 to 2017. This is always Qlds big let down imo. A few years back we had a State 15's side that rolled Vic Metro in the National champs, a side that consisted of half a doz boys that are now drafted including Lachie Whitfield- our contribution is 1, Clay Cameron I think. Can't say that i agree with LAB and Stuy that Qld footy is all bad atm - there are good things happening but unfortunately there are some really stupid decisions that put ppls noses out of join (and rightly so re the QAFL GF balls up and the Grogan). The conference footy was fine, good GF days, seemed that there were a few clubs below this winning games if not premierships for the 1st time. It wasn't going to be sorted in a year. The O&M may be the model for GF day but its a s**t comp when only a couple of sides know they can win the thing - is this a good option??

Still rate Tom? ;)

Still rate Tom? ;)

haha - you have trolled back through to this thread!! :)

I rate him massively and yep, he's picked up a bit of coverage today for sure. Be really interesting to see how it pans out for him. Now that I'm involved with Caloundra I would be even happier to see him buddy up with Hipwood in the Lions seniors in 2019. be great for our footy club to have 2 juniors running around at AFL level in the same team. Caloundra already has more players than any other club on the coast playing AFL footy, Tommy would just be another.. :)

BTW - the big "old style" ruckman I was referring to was Crossley. Have had 2 boys from this U15 group debut so far with a possible couple of others to come in 2018. Reasonable hit rate.

haha - you have trolled back through to this thread!! :)

I rate him massively and yep, he's picked up a bit of coverage today for sure. Be really interesting to see how it pans out for him. Now that I'm involved with Caloundra I would be even happier to see him buddy up with Hipwood in the Lions seniors in 2019. be great for our footy club to have 2 juniors running around at AFL level in the same team. Caloundra already has more players than any other club on the coast playing AFL footy, Tommy would just be another.. :)

BTW - the big "old style" ruckman I was referring to was Crossley. Have had 2 boys from this U15 group debut so far with a possible couple of others to come in 2018. Reasonable hit rate.

Did a quick search of his name to see if I could find any old draft footage and stumbled on this thread. Quite the interesting read, especially in hindsight.

There's a photo of the under 15s AA team he was involved with and Crossley was there. To my surprise he didn't look like an old tough guy without the moustache ;)

Really keen to see how Tom goes. What position do you see him playing? From what I've seen of his basketball he's very agile. Not quite Hipwood, but if he is a good forward how could any team handle two agile 200 cm forwards? I will enjoy speculating on his potential!

Think he will be a key position at either end but probably fwd. he possibly could play ruck at 200cm and I’m sure he can still jump. Looking fwd to seeing how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back