Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
Did he say that. I don’t think so. He also thinks we can play in Auckland even though there is no ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What we believe is we've got a nucleus there. This is not a situation where you need to go back to the bottom and start again.

"Foundations in our footy club are a lot stronger than they used to be. From the nucleus of players, with the coaching program led by Alan Richardson, we are really confident that we'll recapture some of that lost ground. We're actually very optimistic about what the future holds for our footy club." ~ Finnis

Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
All this development talk reminds me of a members /coach meet and greet Stkilda had when Tim Watson was coach circa 1999
I stood up and asked why Austin Jones was performing so poorly .
His reply went something along the lines that Austin has some defencies in his game, and if he wants to be helped in those areas he should approach the coach for assistance .Here was an AA ,and they couldn’t be bothered putting time into him to help they guy out .
The real problem for his form loss was he was tagged every game and had no support from team mates .
I shook my head and sat down, while the old faithful nodded in agreeemnt of our great leader.He left 3 weeks later .
Seems some things never change, and 18 years later still no premiership and poor development of youngsters remain the same .
It’s just rinse and repeat ,the cycle of poor development ,poor age list management poor leadership development just keep going Round and round.
Mean while Hawthorn just keep winning on and off the field .
As the article a few years back said Stkilda seem to get more major decision wrong than right ,and you cannot expect success with that sort of incompentance.
Like Kennett or not but his moral fibre of good governance could go well for those associated at Moorabbin.

Carlton just extended their hopeless coach who can’t develop players(like Richo apparently)until the end of 2020.....

Sarcastic post by the way.
They also renegotiated his contract. I wonder what that means!!!

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
Why is the system flawed? There are arguments for losing (draft picks), and arguments for winning (build a strong culture). I don't think the AFL should care about tanking, if an individual club decides they'll be better off losing a bunch of games then they should be entitled to try that.

But what about supporters who have paid for memberships? And isn't what is effectively throwing games against the rules?

I could be wrong, but I inferred that it's sometimes beneficial for teams to lose games, because of the way the draft system operates. Have I got that right?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
HENCE THE RE ******* BUILD OF THE FOOTBALL DEPT

Fmd.

Why are you angry. When did I suggest we shouldn’t do that. You should read what I write instead of guessing. I’ve said all along we should have a review of everything and what ever they come up with we should do. Now read that a few times so remember.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
But what about supporters who have paid for memberships? And isn't what is effectively throwing games against the rules?

I could be wrong, but I inferred that it's sometimes beneficial for teams to lose games, because of the way the draft system operates. Have I got that right?

Lower on for ladder you finish, higher your draft pick is next year.

Finish last = no 1 pick
2nd last = pick 2......

...and so on.

It is against the rules to ‘tank’ but clubs have done it, Melbourne were fined for it not long ago, literally sending their team out instructed to lose.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Footage D. King just put up on 360 says a lot about where we are at
IMG_7525.GIF

Nope.

Look at the years I put in there. Look at the age of some of the players. It's not hard plugger. Go have another drink
That’s what you said. Fact. Unlike you when you claimed something I didn’t say and used a drunk emoticon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back