Preview Round 10 2018: Swans v Lions @ the Gabba, Sat 26 May 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six players with fewer than 30 games, three players yet to play five -- Longmire not afraid of blooding new Bloods.

Interesting call on Rohan. I didn't think he was going that badly, by Rohan standards. When he's good he's good but he rarely does it for long.

Unfortunately they will do the same thing they did to Dawson. Forward pocket. 40 mins. 5 possies. They love putting players in positions/ or roles they never done. 101 Swans footy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Marsh > Aliiir on form

I don't rate Marsh as an intercepting reader of the play, or as a loose man. I think he's very good at playing one on one against a direct mid-to-tall sized opponent, and he's also good at winning some ground balls in the back end of the ground. But I think Aliir is a more like-for-like replacement for Mills, which sounds strange given their size. Some were even saying only a few weeks back that Aliir coming in would actually free Mills up to play more in the midfield, such are the similarities in what they bring to the back-line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh is a proven useless player on the ground. It should be towers coming in for Rohan, and stoddart for mills. Not 2 defenders in

clearly the MC has decided a packet of Twisties (marsh) had to replace the absursly injured Mills. The Stud was inked in to replace Rohan last week.

Longmire dropping Rohan is a surprise but I get the feeling it's been partly to do with Ronke coming into the forward line and being immediately so good chasing and tackling. So much so that Rohan's main and only consistent attribute (pressure) isn't so rare anymore - he's become expendable given how rarely he touches the ball.

Unfortunately they will do the same thing they did to Dawson. Forward pocket. 40 mins. 5 possies. They love putting players in positions/ or roles they never done. 101 Swans footy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

To be fair Dawson did come to the Swans as a forward at junior level.

Longmire dropping Rohan is a surprise but I get the feeling it's been partly to do with Ronke coming into the forward line and being immediately so good chasing and tackling. So much so that Rohan's main and only consistent attribute (pressure) isn't so rare anymore - he's become expendable given how rarely he touches the ball.
Pretty much this

Stoddart really impressed me in the pre season games. I reckon he'll be like Papley when he came into the side. It just elevated his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back