Preview Round 10 2018: Swans v Lions @ the Gabba, Sat 26 May 4:35pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
In the 2s for a minimum of 4 games until he shows he can deliver more than implied pressure. Needs to spoil, beat his opponent, work as part of an integrated defensive unit. Wish we could insert some footy smarts in his noggin.
What does "implied" pressure mean? His forward defensive pressure is out of this world. If there was a stat for clangers forced, he'd be leading the league by a country mile.

It’s not always about goals either, that’s like saying your true worth is Brownlow votes...Nick Smith has none!

But when you're playing out of the goal-square, and two teenagers are coming in and kicking 12 goals between them in the time that you've kicked only 1... it kind of becomes about goals. Because competition for spots is tough and should be if we are to be a contender.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Okay so one out of four he had over 10. Can you point me to the goals he kicked in those games besides one at the Cattery?
Fair enough, you'd like him to be hitting the scoreboard a little bit. I just get a bit defensive of the bloke for some reason.

What does "implied" pressure mean? His forward defensive pressure is out of this world. If there was a stat for clangers forced, he'd be leading the league by a country mile.

Nonsense. By the way a spell in the 2s will give GR the opportunity to show he can actually get the ball and dispose of it well.

I think 4 weeks in the 2s could be the making or breaking moment.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Nonsense. By the way a spell in the 2s will give GR the opportunity to show he can actually get the ball and dispose of it well.

I think 4 weeks in the 2s could be the making or breaking moment.
What's nonsense? Who's better apart from maybe Cyril?

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Stoddart has been playing as a winger in NEAFL. He's getting moved around to gain experience. Marsh for Mills is a straight swap. Not a defensive move,
Fair enough like I said I’m not worried about stoddart. Would’ve been nicer to see maybe maibaum get a gig atleast he’s part of our future. Marsh reduces our impact going forward, which we have trouble with as it is

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It’s not always about goals either, that’s like saying your true worth is Brownlow votes...Nick Smith has none!

An absurd argument. When was the last time GR was sent to an attacking defender and shut them down. Smith has been a wonderful player. You'd love to be a defender on GR unless it was a blue moon. Notwithstanding his tough personal situation I cannot detect any change from his form this year from previous years.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I know I go on about Aliir but we've just lost an excellent reader of the play and intercept defender in Mills for the year... I mean do I have to spell it out or
Could have been a handy in this week with their tall backline and in a reserve rucking role....They clearly have a plan to run all day and burn them off.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Players like marsh are the difference come the end of the season. Unfortunately the Toyota ain’t going to do something special when you need it to. He gets us nowhere. I feel like we take 2 steps back every time he comes in
I think you're just salty your boy didn't make it. Again. Marsh was unlucky to get dropped and has had a crack this year. Can find the footy and defends well. A safer choice given all the other young inexperienced types in the team.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
An absurd argument. When was the last time GR was sent to an attacking defender and shut them down. Smith has been a wonderful player. You'd love to be a defender on GR unless it was a blue moon. Notwithstanding his tough personal situation I cannot detect any change from his form this year from previous years.
When you’re senile, it’s like Groundhog Day! Actually it not absurd at all, it merely highlights the deficiencies in your argument. It would be easier to come out and say ‘I don’t like him’ instead of manufacturing reasons for getting rid of him...then move on! It’s like a broken record!

Up until last week Papley has been very quiet. He was goalless the previous 3 weeks. And no he has been playing predominantly forward.

Still getting more of it than Rohan. I like Rohan and at the end of the day I'd probably have him in my best 22 in a grand final, even with his history in finals at the G. But he should be doing a LOT better than he is. His output just doesn't reflect his capabilities. So if a proverbial rocket up the arse via the NEAFL is what he needs, I'm all for it and glad Horse did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back