Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPPRESSION ORDERS IN PLACE

Read carefully to avoid legal issues. We have put variations of the names of the people into our censor list and will be removing identifying information.

The ODPP formally notifies you that any user of the Big Footy website that purports to discuss any matter relevant to this prosecution, such as the upcoming trial, the “Claremont Serial Killer” generally or Bradley Robert Edwards the person, is prohibited under all circumstances from mentioning the name (including just the Christian name) of either protected person, or contain any information which might identify either protected person (e.g. publishing just the initials of the protected person is prohibited).

If any of these things occur then the user and the website will be in breach of the suppression order and contempt of court proceedings is likely to follow. It matters not that previous threads may have contained the names of the protected persons and that their identity is already known to some within the community, including the online community. Now that the orders are in effect, the continued publication of this protected information in any of the earlier threads which continue to be visible on the Big Footy website will also be in breach of the suppression orders.

Given that this matter has now been clearly and unequivocally brought to your attention, I would ask that any further publication of the names of the protected persons, or any other information which might identify either of them, be prevented or banned, and that such information is otherwise immediately removed from the website if a user violates this prohibition. I also ask that any and all references to protected information in any of the earlier threads discussing this matter and which remain visible on the Big Footy website, be removed forthwith.

==========================

Police investigating the 1996 disappearance of teenager Sarah Spiers, the first suspected victim in Perth’s so-called Claremont serial killings, have charged Bradley Robert Edwards with her murder.

Edwards, 49, of Kewdale, was charged in late 2016 with the murders of the other known Claremont victims, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon. Western Australian police commissioner Chris Dawson said on Thursday that Edwards had been charged with wilful murder over Spiers’ disappearance.

The 18-year-old went missing after a night out with friends in Claremont in January 1996 and her body was never found. She had rung for a taxi from a phone box near the corner of Stirling Road and Stirling Highway in Claremont just after 2am on a Saturday morning - but when the taxi arrived several minutes later, she was nowhere to be seen.

“This is a significant development in a long-running and high-profile investigation,” Dawson told reporters. He also said the Spiers family did not want to comment during what was a “very traumatic time” for them. Detectives were looking for a 1992 white Toyota Camry station wagon with the vehicle identification number (VIN) of 6T172SV2109318479, which they believe could help with the investigation, he said.

Edwards will appear in court on charges involving five women on 28 February.The fear that a serial killer was stalking Claremont streets in the 1990s terrified Perth residents at the time and is believed to be Australia’s longest-running and most expensive police investigation. The two other murder victims - 23-year-old child care worker Jane Rimmer in June 1996 and 27-year-old lawyer Ciara Glennon in March 1997 - also disappeared after nights out at the same Claremont hotel as Sarah Spiers.

Rimmer’s body was discovered in Wellard in August 1996, while Glennon’s body was found in bushland in Eglington in April 1997. Edwards is also charged with abducting and raping a 17-year-old girl in February 1995 in Claremont and indecently assaulting an 18-year-old woman during a break-in at a Huntingdale home in February 1988.

THREAD RULES

Previous CSK threads have been closed due to constant derailing, abuse, off on tangents of wild conspiracies etc.

Aim of discussion

The purpose of this thread is for the primary discussion of the CSK case, information which is public knowledge as well as articles related to the ongoing investigation/trial process. Remember that if there are any items of sub justice - they are not to be discussed here

Conspiracy Theories

Please refrain from posting anything related to this. Whilst discussion of evidence and conjecture about the solutions to crimes is encouraged, conspiracy theories generally belong in conspiracies-mysteries-and-the-paranormal

Play the ball, not the man.

No name-calling or abuse of posters is tolerated & don't attack the poster that posts something you don't like or agree with.

This is one of the biggest reasons why topics are derailed and closed. If a thread has started to go off-topic, don't add to the problem. Using the excuse 'It was already off-topic' when you receive an infraction won't work.

No dribbling

Posts that add nothing like: ‘hahha’,’lol’, 'Culture', 'I agree', 'Gold' etc are not wanted. Talk about Crime, and use the "Like" button if you agree with a post but don't have anything to add.

This includes the spam posting of the same material over and over again. This is not the way to get a point or opinion across.

Trolling

Quite simply: don’t do it. Trolling other posters is not sensible discussion and having the sentence "This is not a troll but..." doesn't exempt it from being a troll.

Publishing posters identities, locations, IP addresses

Discussions on user identities or assertion of user identities with suspects or persons of interest is not welcomed - posters ignoring this rule will be issued with a Serious Infraction

Penalties for breach of rules.
First warning will have you sanctioned with either a red card or regular infraction.
Second warning will have you permanently banned from the thread.
Third warning will see your access to the crime board permanently removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

All she has told me is that you cant get onto a certain floor anymore because it contains all the evidence. I haven't heard anything about court dates. He's been in custody for almost 18 months. I would have thought that he could demand a trail start date couldn't he?

All she has told me is that you cant get onto a certain floor anymore because it contains all the evidence. I haven't heard anything about court dates. He's been in custody for almost 18 months. I would have thought that he could demand a trail start date couldn't he?

It's generally held in my experience, the longer the delay to trial the more likely it is to advantage the defendant in some way.

We're led to believe the current delay is because his lawyers need to go through the 'new' evidence re Sarah Spiers, so he won't be demanding the court to get on with it. He may also know that his goose is cooked and may as well stay where he is for as long as possible because it's better than the next place.

It's generally held in my experience, the longer the delay to trial the more likely it is to advantage the defendant in some way.
Depends. Garry Francis Newman waited nearly 3 years for a Trial. There were some outside issues to be dealt with such as co-accused (not guilty) and forensics plus continually pleading not guilty forcing a Supreme Court trial

I've just assumed that the volume of evidence is so great that it could take years for his defence team to process it all. I'm not even sure who he being represented by. There has been next to no press coverage in WA

I've just assumed that the volume of evidence is so great that it could take years for his defence team to process it all. I'm not even sure who he being represented by. There has been next to no press coverage in WA

Use google you can find out very quickly .

The only thing that Gary Francis Newman and this case Bradley Edwards aka Claremont serial killer has in common is the 200 FAKE identities that flood any forum that is associated with the Claremont serial killer name tag .

So look pretty deep at what people have to gain from this .
Conspiracy Theories

Please refrain from posting anything related to this. Whilst discussion of evidence and conjecture about the solutions to crimes is encouraged, conspiracy theories generally belong in conspiracies-mysteries-and-the-paranormal

Just want to direct you back to this in the OP, where most, if not all of your posts regarding this belong. Hopefully we can leave it here.

Cheers

The only thing that Gary Francis Newman and this case Bradley Edwards aka Claremont serial killer has in common is the 200 FAKE identities that flood any forum that is associated with the Claremont serial killer name tag .

So look pretty deep at what people have to gain from this .

It's unwise for anybody to use their true identity over the internet many have realised, even facebook regardless of privacy claims/controls. Moving from unwise into reckless using your real name on any crime forum.

Pretty sure yours isn't Mr. Iworkthecircus either. ;)

Not sure what else the prosecution can have, his entire internet history in documents I imagine? It better be slam dunk good or it might look like the prosecution in attempt to overwhelm his defence have snowed them in a blizzard of paperwork.

I wonder how much that's costing on top of the three million already spent and he's yet to plead. It's a given Bradley's already broke and the state will have to fund the rest of his defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what else the prosecution can have, his entire internet history in documents I imagine? It better be slam dunk good or it might look like the prosecution in attempt to overwhelm his defence have snowed them in a blizzard of paperwork.

I wonder how much that's costing on top of the three million already spent and he's yet to plead. It's a given Bradley's already broke and the state will have to fund the rest of his defence.

I would assume that the defence will either be pro bono or funded through legal aid. If some of the numbers are accurate that I've heard "in excess of 1 million pieces of evidence" then there is no reasonable time frame that can be put on that.

However is this case so different to the likes of the Backpacker Murders where there was significant evidence

Just want to direct you back to this in the OP, where most, if not all of your posts regarding this belong. Hopefully we can leave it here.

Cheers

So I'm / we are still waiting to see how the press release to the world and the insinuating media coverage, how Bradley has been charged and convicted.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ngs-kewdale-street-arrest/8144886?pfmredir=sm
Trail by main stream media , what you've just tried to do is unsuitable because it's not a conspiracy theory it's a valid point and question.

However is this case so different to the likes of the Backpacker Murders where there was significant evidence

We don't know exactly what evidence there is though Freo or the course investigators and forensics took that led to his arrest? Press reports are vague and suggestive more than presentation of fact. One and a half million pages of documents and we're just guessing as to what they might contain.

The charge for Sarah, what have they got? Bit dusty today but I don't recall seeing anything in the way of evidence.

Neither do I. There certainly hasn't been any "trail by media" that's been suggested by other posters. There has hardly been a peep regarding the case in the press here. Either that's because there is nothing being leaked (likely) or that they have been specifically asked to remain quiet.

Neither do I. There certainly hasn't been any "trail by media" that's been suggested by other posters. There has hardly been a peep regarding the case in the press here. Either that's because there is nothing being leaked (likely) or that they have been specifically asked to remain quiet.

You serious Google his name ... If proven not guilty , how's this bloke going to ever have a normal existence?
There is even new photos of him recently posted . The verdict has already been particularly drawn .

You serious Google his name ... If proven not guilty , how's this bloke going to ever have a normal existence?
There is even new photos of him recently posted . The verdict has already been particularly drawn .

Contrast the very little information we're getting to the point we don't even know what the evidence is against, to the US on the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer where the same 'right to fair trial' rules apply basically. No way any reasonable person could say imo BRE might have been disadvantaged a skerrik by the media's reporting.

BRE's got more protection around him in this case than I've ever seen before and he'll have benefit of fair and public trial with the best lawyers our money can buy.

There are that many people I wouldn't like to try and put a number on, so affected by the murders of those girls who's lives haven't been normal since the 90s and never will be again. I personally couldn't care less he might not have a normal existence again if he's found not guilty.

And your the type of person that enables corruption , your pretty much validating a kangaroo court process to feed your own hunger of finding a killer and shutting a case , facts are meant to be looked at not just brushed off and yep we got our man mentality , you've only got to look at the last three years plus of media reports to see there is a very savage game being played .
i can't rebuff your victim mentality it just doesn't work.
Sorry .
Contrast the very little information we're getting to the point we don't even know what the evidence is against, to the US on the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer where the same 'right to fair trial' rules apply basically. No way any reasonable person could say imo BRE might have been disadvantaged a skerrik by the media's reporting.

BRE's got more protection around him in this case than I've ever seen before and he'll have benefit of fair and public trial with the best lawyers our money can buy.

There are that many people I wouldn't like to try and put a number on, so affected by the murders of those girls who's lives haven't been normal since the 90s and never will be again. I personally couldn't care less he might not have a normal existence again if he's found not guilty.

And your the type of person that enables corruption , your pretty much validating a kangaroo court process to feed your own hunger of finding a killer and shutting a case , facts are meant to be looked at not just brushed off and yep we got our man mentality , you've only got to look at the last three years plus of media reports to see there is a very savage game being played .
i can't rebuff your victim mentality it just doesn't work.
Sorry .

BigFooty is not a court of law and the opinions of whether contributors to this post either consider guilty or not is no consequence to you or the accused. So play your cards carefully and should you ignore the rules of this thread in particular, the consequences have been made clear.

BigFooty is not a court of law and the opinions of whether contributors to this post either consider guilty or not is no consequence to you or the accused. So play your cards carefully and should you ignore the rules of this thread in particular, the consequences have been made clear.
I applaud you mike , because previously this board has been awash with multiple user names , aggressive posters , rule breakers and infractions, hopefully you illustrate the picture which you have out lined .

I applaud you mike , because previously this board has been awash with multiple user names , aggressive posters , rule breakers and infractions, hopefully you illustrate the picture which you have out lined .
Yes it would be great if everyone stepped back, took a deep breath and re-read their post before pushing the post reply button. If you wouldn't say what you have typed to your parents then best to maybe not post it.

I'd be interested to know of all those pieces of information, how many are just logs of his day to day activities with Telstra and how far back they kept records. I think they'd be looking very closely to see if he ever visited the sites of the bodies after they were discovered, when you consider how many years had passed until his arrest that information alone would take months to sift through. Even just cross referencing where his physical location was compared to where the job was meant to be would be something I assume they're looking at.

Does anyone know when the GPS technology started with Telstra and if those records are actually kept for year?

Yes it would be great if everyone stepped back, took a deep breath and re-read their post before pushing the post reply button. If you wouldn't say what you have typed to your parents then best to maybe not post it.

I'd be interested to know of all those pieces of information, how many are just logs of his day to day activities with Telstra and how far back they kept records. I think they'd be looking very closely to see if he ever visited the sites of the bodies after they were discovered, when you consider how many years had passed until his arrest that information alone would take months to sift through. Even just cross referencing where his physical location was compared to where the job was meant to be would be something I assume they're looking at.

Does anyone know when the GPS technology started with Telstra and if those records are actually kept for year?
It's very unique that you assume he's some sort of bone collector cat. Time will tell what is actually going on here ....and to what degree .

It's very unique that you assume he's some sort of bone collector cat. Time will tell what is actually going on here ....and to what degree .
Unique how? If they can place this guy at the scenes of his alleged crimes (even years later) then that would be crucial evidence. Murderers returning to the scene of their crimes is not something that happens very often (regardless of the saying) but they're still going to have to go through all the evidence to find out if he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back