Gold Coast and GWS has failed

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast and GWS has failed

If they can prop up Sydney for 35 years, what makes you believe they won't do the same thing with GC and GWS?

Neither club will be allowed to fail.

We are Western Sydney. We are also playing out of the only major stadium anywhere in western sydney.

A lot of clubs a proposing to buy the Wellington club. A lot of clubs got told no.

The reasin for the Sth West Bid (1 of 15) applications is because the already have a Western Sydney team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One of the reasons they wanted to buy it and initially play out of Campbelltown is that there is no team for anyone from out that way to support in any football code.
Part of the basis for the idea is that the club gets to grow with the community. The club is new and so is the community. Football is tribal.

GWS is not Western Sydney, other than in name. There is absolutely nothing about the club that identifies to Western Sydney, other than the name.

One of the reasons they wanted to buy it and initially play out of Campbelltown is that there is no team for anyone from out that way to support in any football code.

Except the Wests Tigers. Rather large and historic team.

The Bulldogs are also pretty prevalent in the Liverpool area.

The other was there already is a Western Sydney team in the A-League.

Part of the basis for the idea is that the club gets to grow with the community. The club is new and so is the community. Football is tribal.

So you havent a clue about the clubs grass roots programs in Western Sydney.
I guess Swans fans are like their club.

Think Sydney ends at Glebe.

GWS is not Western Sydney, other than in name. There is absolutely nothing about the club that identifies to Western Sydney, other than the name.

Lol considering you have no clue about the club, or about sports teams considering your comments, ill take this last paragraph with a grain of salt.

So you havent a clue about the clubs grass roots programs in Western Sydney.
I guess Swans fans are like their club.

Think Sydney ends at Glebe.

Lol considering you have no clue about the club, or about sports teams considering your comments, ill take this last paragraph with a grain of salt.

Sydney ends at Glebe...what a response, what are you 5?

Obviously you are incapable of having a meaningful discussion about your club without resorting to the usual cry baby s**t.

Yep
Our location in Western Sydney, our support for grass roots footy in Western Sydney and the many links with the community in Western Sydney are easily overlooked. If you have no idea.

Sydney ends at Glebe...what a response, what are you 5?

Obviously you are incapable of having a meaningful discussion about your club without resorting to the usual cry baby s**t.
Love to.
Let me know when you start.
So far youve stated theres no footy teams of any code in the south west.
Good job.

And that the Sth West has been chosen because of the region.
Also incorrect.

Then we went the old we are West in name only. Sad and blatently wrong again.
Which is amusing due to the bitchy way you responded to my glebe gibe.

So when you actually want to discuss the club properly and not just using the old tropes that are blatently wrong will gladly do so.

Yep
Our location in Western Sydney, our support for grass roots footy in Western Sydney and the many links with the community in Western Sydney are easily overlooked. If you have no idea.

Which of your community partners identify with Western Sydney?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/club/community/our-community-partners

Which of your corporate partners identify with Western Sydney?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/club/corporate/our-partners

You have a yacht charter as a corporate partner FFS, how does that identify with Western Sydney?

SHYC%20LOGO-page-001.jpg

It really annoys me when people here try to tear this team down.
They are doing great things growing the game at a grassroots level (that we don’t see). Hate them for being fake or whatever but seriously revelling at them ‘failing’ is actually counterproductive to the game.
I agree. We tear them down for not having any fans, but then why get stuck in to the fans that they do have and that do care about footy? Not their fault, it's the ones that don't care.

It's like a singer whingeing to their audience about the poor turnout but they're bagging out the people that have rocked up.

Gold Coast yes.

GWS no. Back to back prelims aren’t erased by a 4-5-1 start when half their team is injured.

I suspect this is just a down year/hiccup. Think Crows 04, Cats 06, Saints 07, Hawks 09, Dockers 11, Tigers 16.

Sometimes good teams just have a year where it doesn’t click and they miss the finals. Doesn’t mean they’re a no hope club that needs to be blown up and rebuilt.
Enough with that rational thought process. Let big footy be big footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to.
Let me know when you start.
So far youve stated theres no footy teams of any code in the south west.
Good job.

And that the Sth West has been chosen because of the region.
Also incorrect.

Then we went the old we are West in name only. Sad and blatently wrong again.
Which is amusing due to the bitchy way you responded to my glebe gibe.

So when you actually want to discuss the club properly and not just using the old tropes that are blatently wrong will gladly do so.

You could at least quote me properly.
I said Western Sydney.
Last I looked the area I specifically mentioned, where the new airport will go, is Western Sydney.
The Sth West consortium that want to buy an A-League licence will get govt funding to build a stadium somewhere near the new airport, on the new train line (at least that is what they say).

Where you are now, Olympic Park, is in Western Sydney...congrats!

You can work that out pretty easily, or you cant. It's a matter for you

You don't want to answer because you know there aren't any. LOL
Nothing wrong with getting sponsors from outside Western Sydney, but you claim that you have "community links" to Western Sydney. I say bullshit, unless you want to count AFL clinics. If you click on that link on the GWS website that says "play AFL", the linked page does not have even one reference to GWS.

I said Western Sydney.
Last I looked the area I specifically mentioned, where the new airport will go, is Western Sydney.
The Sth West consortium that want to buy an A-League licence will get govt funding to build a stadium somewhere near the new airport, on the new train line (at least that is what they say).

I did read this looking for some sense. Not a mistake I'll make again with any of your posts. Life's too short to waste the time

What will actually happen is the expansion teams will stay and over time the number of Melbourne teams must reduce.
I agree this may happen, but I think afl will try to "kill two birds with one stone" and force a merger, perhaps introduce a tassie team and get gws or gc to merge with whoever is the weakest vic club. I think such a club would work if supporters agreed, but that is problematic.

The problem for the Suns is that they've barely made an imprint on the competition. They don't really settle in the mind yet as a club identity, which is dangerous in their 8th year of existence. Compare that to Freo and the Cowboys, who came from football mad states and had a successful bigger brother as motivation to beat. The Suns are Carrara 2.0 at this point.

I personally still have a lot of faith in GWS off-field. Other than a form slump over the last 12 months, they've gone about everything the right way, they have a foothold.

I said Western Sydney.

I qouted you exactly.

You were talking about a region that is Sth West Sydney, though is happily included in the Grester Western Sydney region (like the inner west etc)

You think the government is going to fund a brand new stadium down there?
After the media war going on now with the ANZ, SFS and Parra rebuilds? No chance.

The original plan some 5 years ago was to build a multi purpose 30k stadium at the airport for the Wanderers Bulldogs and Tigers to play out of.

Since then they have rebuilt Parra and the stadium splurge outcry has happened.

I agree this may happen, but I think afl will try to "kill two birds with one stone" and force a merger, perhaps introduce a tassie team and get gws or gc to merge with whoever is the weakest vic club. I think such a club would work if supporters agreed, but that is problematic.
A token merger is possible for a Melbourne club on it's way out of existence. It wouldn't be pretty from the that clubs point of view though. Our focus has to remain on Western Sydney and Canberra, there's simply no reason to back away from that.

Gold Coast were unlucky that the stars they drafted didnt have the impact they were supposed to. Omeara Bennell Swallow Ablett could have been an awesome midfield. Lynch coming on as a decent forward would have added to that.

As for off field, members will grow with time once they both have some success. They will never be powerhouses but should be reasonable enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back