Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't get to the jumper presentation like I hoped, last night. Low key pre-season and I don't hold lofty aspirations for the season, so let's hope I am off the mark. See you there on Saturday at Lathlain though. ;)
I like the look of the away bar they've set up. Though I still miss the sight of that old scoreboard.

I like the look of the away bar they've set up. Though I still miss the sight of that old scoreboard.
There hasnt been much work done at all on the Canary HQ at Lathlain Park since we were there last year it is still a construction site without much construction going on!

Well, I thought we were going to have a tough season this year, but the signs from the first two games are very, very positive. Great game yesterday and the boys knew they were in for a 120 minute battle and they gave that. I thought we were in real trouble when Palmer was out and Ellard still missing. Doc has brought a great work ethic and appetite for the contest to the midfield. Blighty, yesterday, what a game. Showed you why he was on an AFL list. Notte mopped up a lot of forward forays, with help from Tobe and Howie. And what about William Reidy. His attack on the footy for that first mark and set shot was fantastic. Great team effort and now we get a bigger test next week with the game against $ubi.....

Enjoyable day on Saturday.
With good weather slightly disappointing crowd.
Kids loved the "kids zone" and each managed to get a footy to kick around.
No eftpos at the can bar and a bit messy with the new pricing for mid strength beers.
Well done Swans both on & off the ground.

Enjoyable day on Saturday.
With good weather slightly disappointing crowd.
Kids loved the "kids zone" and each managed to get a footy to kick around.
No eftpos at the can bar and a bit messy with the new pricing for mid strength beers.
Well done Swans both on & off the ground.
Where there any Peelmantle fans there at all?
Everytime they kicked a goal there was absolute silence around the ground.

Where there any Peelmantle fans there at all?
Everytime they kicked a goal there was absolute silence around the ground.
I need to try and get down some more this year, hopefully can drag JoshWoodenSpoon along as well.

All too predictable result unfortunately for WAFL footy fans!
Lucky you missed it swannies :sick:
Yeah, I don't normally enjoy migraines, but when i got up at 4 the next day I was thankful. :)

Dreadful display of football by Swans yesterday against a far more desperate and hard working WP who just wanted to win a vital clash a million times more than us.
Welcome to the hair pulling frustrations of coaching the SDFC for the last 27 years Adam!

Terrible effort (if there was one) on Saturday.
Well done however to the club (off field) for their ANZAC commemoration and kids zone initiatives.
If you're a 6054 resident it's 2 for 1 entry this week as well a free pie & drink (just bring some ID) - full details on the club's Facebook page.
Kids zone is a great babysitter.

Dreadful display of football by Swans yesterday against a far more desperate and hard working WP who just wanted to win a vital clash a million times more than us.
Welcome to the hair pulling frustrations of coaching the SDFC for the last 27 years Adam!
Amen, unfortunately.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better performance yesterday in both skill and intensity.
When was the last time we won by 90 points, Spearhead? My son and I were discussing this yesterday. So I have missed the bookends of wins and losses...

When was the last time we won by 90 points, Spearhead? My son and I were discussing this yesterday. So I have missed the bookends of wins and losses...
According to waflfootyfacts statistics it was 96 points in Round 1 2015 vs Perth at Bassendean Oval swannies our last 100 point win was vs Peelmantle at Royalties For Regions Park in 2013.

Talk about a game of 2 halves sheesh swannies .....I definitely much prefer the 2nd half Swan Districts!
Hitting targets made such a difference. I think Perth running out of legs also helped.

Hitting targets made such a difference. I think Perth running out of legs also helped.
No doubts a bit of both contributed Noobz0r plus also a far more committed effort in the 2nd half from us as it looked like we were on long weekend mode in that 1st qtr especially!

No doubts a bit of both contributed Noobz0r plus also a far more committed effort in the 2nd half from us as it looked like we were on long weekend mode in that 1st qtr especially!
Yep, no doubt us actually making it a contest Noobz0r contributed heavily to Perth tiring. Christ, we were letting them run wherever they wanted in the first half.
As I said Spearhead I was ready to go home and do some gardening (and I hate gardening) at half time and thought stuff it, I'll hang around and at least see what happens. Made me understand the pain of being a Demons supporter.
No sure who was named our best but i thought these blokes did something to at least fight and keep us in it, in the first half - Riggio, Notte, Warrick and Toby. Doc and Rog were also trying their guts out.

Yep, no doubt us actually making it a contest Noobz0r contributed heavily to Perth tiring. Christ, we were letting them run wherever they wanted in the first half.
As I said Spearhead I was ready to go home and do some gardening (and I hate gardening) at half time and thought stuff it, I'll hang around and at least see what happens. Made me understand the pain of being a Demons supporter.
No sure who was named our best but i thought these blokes did something to at least fight and keep us in it, in the first half - Riggio, Notte, Warrick and Toby. Doc and Rog were also trying their guts out.
Doc was huge

Our poor record at Claremont (both Oval & Showgrounds) continues with yesterday's loss to the Tigers.
Before yesterday I dont believe we had won in any of the 3 grades since 2013 there.
A slow start was only surpassed by a slower finish with an insipid last qtr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back