Prediction Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

Which of our youngsters will end up being the best?

• Dom Sheed

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Malcolm Karpany

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Willie Rioli

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • Francis Watson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Tom Barrass

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jackson Nelson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Ryan

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Liam Duggan

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Luke Partington

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Kurt Mutimer

• Tom Cole

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Matthew Allen

• Hamish Brayshaw

• Josh Rotham

• Jake Waterman

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Daniel Venables

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Brayden Ainsworth

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Oscar Allen

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • Jack Petruccelle

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I've got a list here of the guys who were 22 and younger at the start of 2018. Which of them will end up being the best?

I guess it's tricky to compare guys with more exposed form, like Sheed and Duggan, to the likes of Venables or Brander. But there you have it.

Vote away.

• Banned
Brander for me. Elite KPFs are so rare and he has the makings of one. Very impressed with his early work in senior WAFL footy too.
Is he a genuine stay-at-home FF or more a ranging mobile key forward?

Is he a genuine stay-at-home FF or more a ranging mobile key forward?
More the latter for me but would be interested to hear the thoughts of those who have seen more of him.

The former is pretty much dead, though. Not too many stay at home forwards these days due to congestion.

• Banned
More the latter for me but would be interested to hear the thoughts of those who have seen more of him.

The former is pretty much dead, though. Not too many stay at home forwards these days due to congestion.
So not a direct replacement for Kennedy, per se?

Rioli is going very well. I would say his output so far has been better than any of the other first or second years other than maybe Ryan.

His challenge will be to stay fit, and to maintain consistency.

Petch and Brander have huge potential.

We keep waiting for Duggan to take the next step but who knows if he ever will.

He’s 21 and playing excellent footy.
Agreed he is playing well. He is best 22 week in week out. I had to finish that post in a hurry cause my toddler began crying for no reason. Ha

I just mean its hard to see how much he will continue to grow. Sometimes I think he has all the attributes to be a star midfielder, other times I think he'll end up a solid HBFer. Just not sure what his ceiling is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We keep waiting for Duggan to take the next step but who knows if he ever will.
He's taking the next step this season by being ultra consistent and playing a hard-edged contested game. Duggan is quality. Remember that people were potting Sheppard pretty much until 2015 when he was 23/24. Duggan is way more advanced.

Willie has the most talent, he can do things no other player on that list can.

If he stays fit will be an absolute superstar.

Looking a pretty decent list right now of youngsters we’ve got coming through. I reckon I could make cases on at least 12, strong cases with 8.

I voted Petrucelle because there is something about him that IMO that I think could see him be an absolute A grader. I really can’t wait until we get 50-75 games into him.

Duggan has made big strides in the last 12 months. I think he probably ends up with the most games, hopefully premiership captain of the club down the track.

Willie has the most talent, he can do things no other player on that list can.

If he stays fit will be an absolute superstar.
Ryan the only one that can IMO, could actually argue Ryan may be slightly more talented. Awesome that we can even have this debate as only recently small creative fwds was a major weakness of our list

Ryan the only one that can IMO, could actually argue Ryan may be slightly more talented. Awesome that we can even have this debate as only recently small creative fwds was a major weakness of our list

Reckon Willie has a bigger tank and will be able to play midfield far better. Ryans fantastic but I don't see him spending too much time out of the forward 50.

Reckon Willie has a bigger tank and will be able to play midfield far better. Ryans fantastic but I don't see him spending too much time out of the forward 50.
Disagree. Thought the same until seeing him at afl level this year. He was already pushing up to half back at stages this year. Willie has an extra preseason up his sleeve and probably had a better base when drafted than Ryan.

I think Rioli shows more aptitude as a stoppage mid but Ryan will really get the run and carry going after another preseason

I think we should be genuinely very excited about the potential of these two if they can stay fit and switched on. Serious firepower

Disagree. Thought the same until seeing him at afl level this year. He was already pushing up to half back at stages this year. Willie has an extra preseason up his sleeve and probably had a better base when drafted than Ryan.

I think Rioli shows more aptitude as a stoppage mid but Ryan will really get the run and carry going after another preseason

Ryans to small to play at stoppages, would get rag-dolled, I don't see the point have having him play up the ground, you take way his best strength, his leap.

Ryans to small to play at stoppages, would get rag-dolled, I don't see the point have having him play up the ground, you take way his best strength, his leap.
Oh yeah I’m not saying we should play him as a mid, just saying I disagree that he is confined to being a small forward as if that’s all he’s capable of

Back