brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
The new score bugs are out for the AFL - following the NRL and Super Rugby's changeover in recent weeks.

Think I actually prefer the old score bugs. The old one looked cleaner. Having said that, it doesn't look as messy as the rugby ones.

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty sure Sarah Jones was Fox Footy's Thursday night football host yet Eddie McGuire hosted their Adelaide vs Richmond coverage. Did Ed pull rank or something?

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty sure Sarah Jones was Fox Footy's Thursday night football host yet Eddie McGuire hosted their Adelaide vs Richmond coverage. Did Ed pull rank or something?
They must have swapped, Sarah did today’s coverage instead. Hope she continues to do Friday games, the more of her on my screen the better

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Enjoyed Gary Lyon's special comments in the couple of games I've heard him do this year. Unlike Alistair Lynch and ex-employee Tony Shaw who provide the same boring generic comments year after year, he seems really engaged in treating each game on its own merits and providing specific analysis on it.

As it currently stands, along with Jason Dunstall would be my favourite Fox Footy special comments person atm (Dermott not too far behind).

caitsith01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Geelong
Are they contractually prevented from showing replays of dubious umpiring decisions, or is that just for Eagles home games? It was completely ridiculous yesterday.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Don’t watch AFL much anymore but Christ Sarah Jones shits all over Eddie as a host on Foxtel.

Keeps the bogan “banter” thing under control pretty well, doesn’t allow Brereton to get out of control with his encouragement of belting blokes or stories about when he hit someone behind play with that fake giggle and all the old cliches n crap like caaarrrllton that no1 under the age of 30 gets.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Time to put Sandy Roberts out to pasture. Actually thought Eddie might mercy kill him half-way through the Tigers-Saints game, given how often the old-timer was getting players' names wrong.

Somebody rang up 3AW's Sportsday last night saying the same thing; Dwayne predictably covered for him but will be interesting to see how long Sandy is maintained if this is a common issue.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Time to put Sandy Roberts out to pasture. Actually thought Eddie might mercy kill him half-way through the Tigers-Saints game, given how often the old-timer was getting players' names wrong.

I like Sandy Roberts but he struggles big time nowadays. Their was a chain of play in that game where he got 5 players names in a row incorrect and this wasn’t in a rolling maul. This was open end to end play.

So everyone else may have already discovered this but if you record a footy game on Fox on non-HD channel you can watch on replay at x2 speed and watch game clearly in half the time. Doesn’t jump like it does it when recording on HD.

Very very interesting

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Have watched basically every game on Fox Footy this weekend and the coverage has been excellent, but it is ridiculous that when the West Coast-Fremantle game finished and you are crying out for some post-game analysis and coverage, the rubbish show, Bounce, is on your screen within about 30 seconds. Needs at least a Saturday Stretch type show in that time slot or just some basic post-game TV.

Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Have watched basically every game on Fox Footy this weekend and the coverage has been excellent, but it is ridiculous that when the West Coast-Fremantle game finished and you are crying out for some post-game analysis and coverage, the rubbish show, Bounce, is on your screen within about 30 seconds. Needs at least a Saturday Stretch type show in that time slot or just some basic post-game TV.

Frawley is an embarrassment. How he remains in football media is truly bizarre.

They had yet another dumb segment on Bounce tonight showing "funny videos". SOD presented one where a semi hits a ute waiting at a stop sign. What the idiot didn't realise is that video was on news earlier in the week because a car was also hit off camera and two blokes were killed.

I think Dunstall even asked "are you sure no one was hurt in that?".

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gotta hand it to Nick Riewoldt in his new role as a special comments guy. As a player I thoroughly enjoyed disliking him but these days it’s becoming increasingly difficult not to appreciate his work. He’s always three or four steps ahead of his colleagues in terms of recognising any in-game trends and can more often than not tell you what’s going to happen long before it does. Also doesn’t rely heavily on numbers to back up his views which is a breath of fresh air.

Back