brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
Adelaide, Centrals
The new score bugs are out for the AFL - following the NRL and Super Rugby's changeover in recent weeks.

Think I actually prefer the old score bugs. The old one looked cleaner. Having said that, it doesn't look as messy as the rugby ones.

Nov 25, 2017
Pretty sure Sarah Jones was Fox Footy's Thursday night football host yet Eddie McGuire hosted their Adelaide vs Richmond coverage. Did Ed pull rank or something?

5ammy

Jun 16, 2015
Pretty sure Sarah Jones was Fox Footy's Thursday night football host yet Eddie McGuire hosted their Adelaide vs Richmond coverage. Did Ed pull rank or something?
They must have swapped, Sarah did today’s coverage instead. Hope she continues to do Friday games, the more of her on my screen the better

wagstaff

Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Enjoyed Gary Lyon's special comments in the couple of games I've heard him do this year. Unlike Alistair Lynch and ex-employee Tony Shaw who provide the same boring generic comments year after year, he seems really engaged in treating each game on its own merits and providing specific analysis on it.

As it currently stands, along with Jason Dunstall would be my favourite Fox Footy special comments person atm (Dermott not too far behind).

caitsith01

Sep 21, 2007
Earth
Are they contractually prevented from showing replays of dubious umpiring decisions, or is that just for Eagles home games? It was completely ridiculous yesterday.

HPKS

Apr 6, 2012
Don’t watch AFL much anymore but Christ Sarah Jones shits all over Eddie as a host on Foxtel.

Keeps the bogan “banter” thing under control pretty well, doesn’t allow Brereton to get out of control with his encouragement of belting blokes or stories about when he hit someone behind play with that fake giggle and all the old cliches n crap like caaarrrllton that no1 under the age of 30 gets.

wagstaff

Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Time to put Sandy Roberts out to pasture. Actually thought Eddie might mercy kill him half-way through the Tigers-Saints game, given how often the old-timer was getting players' names wrong.

Somebody rang up 3AW's Sportsday last night saying the same thing; Dwayne predictably covered for him but will be interesting to see how long Sandy is maintained if this is a common issue.

Private Hudson

Mar 31, 2011
Time to put Sandy Roberts out to pasture. Actually thought Eddie might mercy kill him half-way through the Tigers-Saints game, given how often the old-timer was getting players' names wrong.

I like Sandy Roberts but he struggles big time nowadays. Their was a chain of play in that game where he got 5 players names in a row incorrect and this wasn’t in a rolling maul. This was open end to end play.

So everyone else may have already discovered this but if you record a footy game on Fox on non-HD channel you can watch on replay at x2 speed and watch game clearly in half the time. Doesn’t jump like it does it when recording on HD.

Very very interesting

Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
Manchester United
Have watched basically every game on Fox Footy this weekend and the coverage has been excellent, but it is ridiculous that when the West Coast-Fremantle game finished and you are crying out for some post-game analysis and coverage, the rubbish show, Bounce, is on your screen within about 30 seconds. Needs at least a Saturday Stretch type show in that time slot or just some basic post-game TV.

Mar 19, 2016
Have watched basically every game on Fox Footy this weekend and the coverage has been excellent, but it is ridiculous that when the West Coast-Fremantle game finished and you are crying out for some post-game analysis and coverage, the rubbish show, Bounce, is on your screen within about 30 seconds. Needs at least a Saturday Stretch type show in that time slot or just some basic post-game TV.

Frawley is an embarrassment. How he remains in football media is truly bizarre.

They had yet another dumb segment on Bounce tonight showing "funny videos". SOD presented one where a semi hits a ute waiting at a stop sign. What the idiot didn't realise is that video was on news earlier in the week because a car was also hit off camera and two blokes were killed.

I think Dunstall even asked "are you sure no one was hurt in that?".

SuperSteele22

Nov 6, 2011
Gotta hand it to Nick Riewoldt in his new role as a special comments guy. As a player I thoroughly enjoyed disliking him but these days it’s becoming increasingly difficult not to appreciate his work. He’s always three or four steps ahead of his colleagues in terms of recognising any in-game trends and can more often than not tell you what’s going to happen long before it does. Also doesn’t rely heavily on numbers to back up his views which is a breath of fresh air.