List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the fact no one else would offer more then 1 year lol

That is unbelievable - Schoenfeld and now Lemmens getting 3 years deals.

It's good to see that past performance has no correlation to the length of a contract offered.

Surprised Joel Wilkinson wasn't offered a 10 year deal.

Played few matched this season and offer three years so easy .

Really bizarre list management decisions since Cameron has come on , has signed 2 fringe players at best to long term contracts , I don’t get it they where not getting poached by other clubs yet we sign Lemmens and Shoenfeld to long term deals , I really hope he is going to put energy into the Fiorinis etc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really bizarre list management decisions since Cameron has come on , has signed 2 fringe players at best to long term contracts , I don’t get it they where not getting poached by other clubs yet we sign Lemmens and Shoenfeld to long term deals , I really hope he is going to put energy into the Fiorinis etc

Craig Cameron could be the worse thing to ever happen to the Suns - based on drafting history he is an absolute muppet

Lynch Hall KK Sexton and Harbs are the big fish we know, but in an environment where the narrative is "no-one wants to stay" you have to trumpet even the small victories to try and create a different impression

Lynch Hall KK Sexton and Harbs are the big fish we know, but in an environment where the narrative is "no-one wants to stay" you have to trumpet even the small victories to try and create a different impression

I’ve got no issue with these boys getting there contracts extended , but 3 year deals seem over the top for s couple of players who let’s be honest come end of season hold no trade value and if where delisted I dare say no one would pick them up , I find it a little strange the length of these contracts.

If Dew feels he's part of the puzzle, I'll believe it. He finally seemed to have found his place in the jlt games before injury struck. One year, two or three, if he's only tying up a small amount of coin, I fail to see the problem.

I guess the problem arises because list spots are so tight , and you could potentially have a list clogger tied up to a long term contract , for example Schoenfeld in his 3 years so far hasn’t even looked likely to cement a spot , what if that is still happening in 2021 , we have a Neafl player long term on our list, when in reality we could of signed him to a 1-2 year and see how he is tracking.

I guess the problem arises because list spots are so tight , and you could potentially have a list clogger tied up to a long term contract , for example Schoenfeld in his 3 years so far hasn’t even looked likely to cement a spot , what if that is still happening in 2021 , we have a Neafl player long term on our list, when in reality we could of signed him to a 1-2 year and see how he is tracking.

I can't find any info about the length of Schoenfeld's contract. I thought it was 2 years extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make your club look clueless signing players long term and delist them .

Last edited:
You can still be delisted when under contract? Cause if you can then I don’t see why it’s such a problem

You have to pay them out, which can be expensive and does not look good when we are getting propped up by the AFL for millions..
Lemmons has a point of difference that is very attractive, he can actually tackle.. and he tackles hard..
Some will say he can't kick and he has been a liability at times with some woeful decision making but I think his bad kicking has been a lack of compusure type thing rather than a mechanics thing..
I have cursed Lemmons out as much as anyone in his short career but I really think he is improving and he might be one of those ones that after a shocking first 3 or 4 years turns into a real beauty!
Here's hoping...

I was a member of the "microwave my membership if Lemmens gets picked again coterie" but I think he's one of the guys where selection persistence has actually payed off(#JoelWilkinson;))
He's lightning quick-something we're down on in our current team- has kicked a couple of The Suns best ever solo goals and has a football brain-yes let down by at times woeful skills
But unlike the guys who have been rotating through the NEAFL he has a long range tank and is still motoring in Q4
I don't think we'll regret signing him and I think other clubs would definitely have been interested in him if he hadn't

Must admit am surprised with the 3 year extension to Sean Lemmens contract (one year fair enough).
Sometimes you have to respect the powers that be in this case List manager Cameron,Evans and Dew to know what there doing.
For me Lemmens has some good attributes but also bad ones e.g composure under pressure,poor disposal ,all happen to often
for me to be to confident in a long term contract.
For me he is a Maybe footballer
Maybe a star -- Maybe just a battler.
Lets hope he repays the Suns the faith they have placed in him.
Time will tell.

Everything I saw of Lemmens in AFLX and JLT1 had me very impressed. I thought he was our most improved by far - having trained in the preseason as a defensive forward. He was even kicking goals. Granted those aren't real games, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Lemmens really benefits from Dew's game style. He's clearly well regarded and highly rated. I'm very excited to have him back out there.

Easy to forget that having both Lemmens and Darce out for long periods of time have really screwed with Dew's plan to have more forward 50 pressure. Those guys are terriers. We just don't have many others like them on the list.

I'm a member of the Sean Lemmons fan club. Composure will come with time, he led the way for manic pressure last year in my mind. Dews game plan will really suit him. Can't wait to see him back out there.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy to resign Lemmens. He's still only 23 and has shown steady improvement. We need to hang onto these types of players and build a list of bigger more mature bodies. Can't expect to move off the bottom of the ladder with a bunch of skinny 18-20 year olds.
Sean is also a solid citizen off-field so we shouldn't need to worry about any Campbell Brown / Harley B antics.

Jarrod Harbrow says he hasn't started contract negotiations with Gold Coast despite his current deal expiring at the end of 2018.
"There hasn't been much chat at all, it's probably something I should actually ask my manager pretty soon, haven't really thought about it too much at all," he said.

You'd think 1 year contracts from now on.

Jarrod Harbrow says he hasn't started contract negotiations with Gold Coast despite his current deal expiring at the end of 2018.
"There hasn't been much chat at all, it's probably something I should actually ask my manager pretty soon, haven't really thought about it too much at all," he said.

You'd think 1 year contracts from now on.
Bit harsh considering he's still 29 years old. I'd give him a two year extension this year and then one year extensions from 31 onwards.

Bit harsh considering he's still 29 years old. I'd give him a two year extension this year and then one year extensions from 31 onwards.
He says in the story that he’s settled on the GC and doesn’t want to leave. No one else would pick him up so why commit to 2 for a guy turning 30 in July?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back