Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ViperDesigns the footy jumpers are nice.
I would suggest they're a little thinner than footy jumpers look.
I think Andrew McLeod's company does a reasonable job presenting them with this:
05Aug2015100827AFL%20Masters%20LS%20Guernsey.png

They probably make them a little too wide, if anything.

As a way of lining it up, I'd stretch the bottom of the jumper to line up with the bottom of the arms.
I drew guide lines from the bottom of the sleeves straight down and then finished the jumper there.

Viper.gif

ViperDesigns the footy jumpers are nice.
I would suggest they're a little thinner than footy jumpers look.
I think Andrew McLeod's company does a reasonable job presenting them with this:
05Aug2015100827AFL%20Masters%20LS%20Guernsey.png

They probably make them a little too wide, if anything.

As a way of lining it up, I'd stretch the bottom of the jumper to line up with the bottom of the arms.
I drew guide lines from the bottom of the sleeves straight down and then finished the jumper there.

Viper.gif

Cheers mate, good idea! I’ll get onto that after my trial match tonight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just looked back to the beginning of this thread and seen how far peoples templates have come along and they have all turned out so nicely and it’s very upsetting that these template designs and footy jumper ideas have slowed down significantly. Come on guys let’s get back into this!

Just looked back to the beginning of this thread and seen how far peoples templates have come along and they have all turned out so nicely and it’s very upsetting that these template designs and footy jumper ideas have slowed down significantly. Come on guys let’s get back into this!

This is pretty much my main template progression over the years
EqsPoEA.png

5b0011c.png

mRARw4c.png

y7FkXhK.jpg

6mQM9Od.jpg

Did Broken Hill ever actually compete in the NAFL?

Yes, and actually beat the Perth Boomers in their premiership season.

Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a while and never really post but I've decided to start doing some guernsey designs and I want to do them on my own template. I've been working on this one all day and I wanted to know what you guys think and feel free to give some tips. Thanks :)
SWANS.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a while and never really post but I've decided to start doing some guernsey designs and I want to do them on my own template. I've been working on this one all day and I wanted to know what you guys think and feel free to give some tips. Thanks :)
View attachment 502380
I think it scoops out too much at the bottom personally, but it’s on its way to becoming a solid template :thumbsu:

View attachment 502380
I think it scoops out too much at the bottom personally, but it’s on its way to becoming a solid template :thumbsu:
agree, but perhaps keep this one for women's designs

View attachment 502380

Welcome to the board!

Solid template mate, I actually really like it! My only issue with it is what Fizz pointed out, in that it scoops outward too much at the bottom, but that’s quite a minor thing. The detail in the linework etc. is top class.

View attachment 502380

I think it looks awesome... really clean, and looks like it would be very easy to use. Good job!

I agree with the comment about it flaring out a little much at the bottom, and I would put the tag at the bottom to the left of the 'stitching'. So it sits on the front panel, not the side panel.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! I will fix it when I get back from work. :thumbsu:
oh and mfcrox, the hem tag is only on the side panel because I chose Cotton:On for this specific design and they have their tag on the side panel. On any other manufacturer style I've done for this template (ISC, Nike ect.), the hem tag is on the front panel. :)

I've kept the scoop at the bottom the same width so it lines up with the cuffs, but widened the centre of the guernsey so it doesn't so woman-y lol. I've also added ISC to the list. Now I'm spending the rest of the night adding the remainder manufacturers (and any tips), before posting my own designs tomorrow. :)
west coast.PNG

I actually decided to redo my template because the shape seemed to be getting weirder and weirder to me so I put a guernsey down on the floor and traced it for a more realistic shape.
I also redone the woman's template. here they are.
View attachment 504410
View attachment 504411
Definitely more realistic.
I'd imagine the side seams would go up closer to the chest on the cuffs though, right? 'More vertical', if that's a good term to use..

And what was so good on your previous efforts was your smooth lines on the template, so if you could clean those up.. :hearteyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back