World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group G Thread (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
200px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
200px-Panama_FA_2.svg.png
images
120px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

BELGIUM V PANAMA
Monday June 19-1am @ Sochi

TUNISIA V ENGLAND
Monday June 19-4am @ Volgograd

BELGIUM V TUNISIA
Saturday June 23-10pm @ Moscow

ENGLAND V PANAMA
Sunday June 24-10pm @ Niznhy Novgorod

ENGLAND V BELGIUM
Friday June 29-12am @ Kaliningrad

PANAMA V TUNISIA
Friday June 29-12am @ Saransk

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
We won’t - we’ll make it out of the group, only question is whether we top the group or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Will be very interested to see how Southgate approaches things. Needs to somehow get the squad playing with attacking freedom. They aren't good enough to shut sides out but they've got the firepower to do well.

Martinez will be interesting to watch too. Very talented squad at his disposal but does he have the tactical nous to get the most out of them.

Tunisia will try and nick a draw or 2 in the tough games and beat Panama which could be enough to get through. Panama first WC I believe? Always fun to see a new nation compete.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Belgium and England are supposed to win their first 2 games. Then we'll have to look at whether it'll be advantageous to finish first in the group or not. I think there's a good chance that the team that wants or needs to win that game and has to come out and play, will not win.

I also wonder if both coaches will be happy to go full in the 3rd game, knowing there's a more important game in the 2nd round coming up.

Yeah, I'm not too enthusiastic on our other CDM/CM options. Pity we didn't bring in Shelvey instead of someone like Delph.
Henderson/Dier should be pairing up with Shelvey on the bench IMO.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Belgium look the winner.
But will they meet their talent levels?

England surely surely make it through.

One of those groups where England have a simpler access than other groups. Only Belgium stand in their way of topping the group.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Jatz

You going to find this hard to believe, but Benny not only started for Tunisia, but he was in the number 3 shirt (they haven't decided their squad yet, and they had a range of numbers going up to 40,) and he actually looked really solid out there.

Ricardo and Silva also started for Portugal, and Silva was just running the show in the first half.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Jatz

You going to find this hard to believe, but Benny not only started for Tunisia, but he was in the number 3 shirt (they haven't decided their squad yet, and they had a range of numbers going up to 40,) and he actually looked really solid out there.

Ricardo and Silva also started for Portugal, and Silva was just running the show in the first half.
Good to hear, I wanted to catch that game but ended up missing it. Will give me a reason to watch Portugal in the cup.

Good to hear about Benny though, would love to see him get a crack at it.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Belgium look the winner.
But will they meet their talent levels?

England surely surely make it through.

One of those groups where England have a simpler access than other groups. Only Belgium stand in their way of topping the group.
England make it through for sure.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back