Traded Eagles Pick 50+2018 1st for Gold Coast Picks21,26,37+2018 2nd

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
funny thing about the trade is we all thought it was gonna net them weller. ehh.

i still reckon it's a handy trade for gc with two picks in the first round an wc not really drafting a star with those picks. (by the looks)

That's a big call early - Liam Ryan is an excitment machine and Oscar Allen is a key forward and they always take time.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
funny thing about the trade is we all thought it was gonna net them weller. ehh.

i still reckon it's a handy trade for gc with two picks in the first round an wc not really drafting a star with those picks. (by the looks)
Liam Ryan looks like he could be one of the best small forwards in the competition once he establishes himself, averaged 2.66 goals a game in his first few games before injury.

Oscar Allen won the best and fairest award in last years u18 championships as a KPF and is currently being played in the backline in the magoos due to only recently coming back from injury and our depth in tall forwards, and is performing quite well given he hasn't played there before, gives off that future captain/leader vibe.

Petrucelle could be anything, the quickest player in last years draft and is as agile as a cat. Was suggested that he wouldn't debut for a while due to being a late converter too footy and being so raw, yet kicked 4 goals in a WAFL game, got the call up and came in and impacted in his first 2 games, kicking 2 goals in his 2nd game before injury. Returned from injury to the WAFL last week and kicked another 3 goals.

Very well could've drafted 3 stars with those picks.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liam Ryan looks like he could be one of the best small forwards in the competition once he establishes himself, averaged 2.66 goals a game in his first few games before injury.

Oscar Allen won the best and fairest award in last years u18 championships as a KPF and is currently being played in the backline in the magoos due to only recently coming back from injury and our depth in tall forwards, and is performing quite well given he hasn't played there before, gives off that future captain/leader vibe.

Petrucelle could be anything, the quickest player in last years draft and is as agile as a cat. Was suggested that he wouldn't debut for a while due to being a late converter too footy and being so raw, yet kicked 4 goals in a WAFL game, got the call up and came in and impacted in his first 2 games, kicking 2 goals in his 2nd game before injury. Returned from injury to the WAFL last week and kicked another 3 goals.

Very well could've drafted 3 stars with those picks.

hahaha you ain't a glass half full type are you. liam ryan wasn't that good man.

if i ever need a resume or a bio for a dating site you are the man.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
hahaha you ain't a glass half full type are you. liam ryan wasn't that good man.

if i ever need a resume or a bio for a dating site you are the man.
7 goals against sydney, geelong and the bulldogs is pretty good I would've thought, what else could you expect in a players first 3 games? Excited for him to come back and prove dismissive fools like yourself wrong. Kid is loaded with talent.

I know being a carlton supporter you're probably used to lacklustre drafting after picking up spud after spud but that's not as much of an issue at west coast, all 3 players have shown as much as you could expect so far.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
7 goals against sydney, geelong and the bulldogs is pretty good I would've thought, what else could you expect in a players first 3 games? Excited for him to come back and prove dismissive fools like yourself wrong. Kid is loaded with talent.

I know being a carlton supporter you're probably used to lacklustre drafting after picking up spud after spud but that's not as much of an issue at west coast, all 3 players have shown as much as you could expect so far.

cool story mate. does the cool aid you drink make you this blind all the time or just recently it hit you?

nice attempt with the carlton link i guess ? it works as I'm not actually a carlton fan lol deary me kiddo

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why not? What chance are WC to finish top two? What happens from there?
Not saying it will happen , but isn't it North 2016 season start up with a bang with 11 win and then just make the top 8.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
So lets say we trade Gaff for pick 3 - do we on-trade that or our original pick 18 (after we win the GF)
Original pick 18 unless otherwise stipulated.

GC will enter the trade period with our first-rounder already up their sleeve. It's not going to get upgraded during that trade period based on what happens with Gaff. Imagine if they traded our first-rounder, only to then learn that it was pick 3 and not pick 18.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Not saying it will happen , but isn't it North 2016 season start up with a bang with 11 win and then just make the top 8.
The eagles are much better than us in 2016. Also their home ground advantage is big - I will be very surprised if they lose at home. Brave man to bet against them not finishing top 4 - let alone top 2.

Gotta love the tin foil hat brigade claiming the deal was dodgy, most people had us finishing outside of the 8, some bottom 4, we've also debut this season the most kids. This season is an absolute unknown. It's pure luck that we've done very well out of this deal.

I have no doubt GC were thinking they had another top 10 pick.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon Gold Coast win this one.
Eagles to be decimated and crumble to a bottom 3 finish

well done GC
Eagles bottom 4 next year imo. Good trade for GC, and potentially, Freo, if they do indeed flip that first rounder for Weller.
Quality over quantity.

Not too sure why West Coast would do this when it is likely they will slide down the ladder next year.
not sure i like this deal for west coast dont think they will make the 8
So where does this sit now?

Based on points value, the Suns just handed over a top 10 pick. Have I got that right?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
GC are lucky wce missed Kelly otherwise it would’ve looked like they got taken out back and wce had their way with them all night long

Nah, how we used the picks is our business. If there's a gun or a couple of guns taken in the 20s and we pick duds that's our problem. We could've picked Kelly at 13, or perhaps we'd hope he was still there at 32 or 68. Pretty happy with Allen and Ryan who were taken around Kelly.

Pick 13-18 could be another Dangerfield or Rioli this year and that's the risk we took in trading forward.

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Eagles finishing 2nd this year makes this a ripper trade for them
GC probably expected a huge drop off like the rest of us

Back