F1 2018 Championship - Round 6 - Monaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah doesn’t look like a RBR friendly circuit.
It is and it isn't. The straights are terrible sure, but all of the low speed corners are right up their alley as we saw in Monaco. Ricciardo was able to pull a massive amount of time on Vettel on exit of the slow corners when he needed to.

I wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull were within a couple of tenths of pole here if the Renault upgrade is even just mediocre rather than terrible.

I wonder how much momentum RBR will take to Canada pace wise.
Their performance gap over the others at Monaco was as large as it has been in recent years (even in previous years, they were still just matching it with Mercs and Ferrari around there).

New engines at Montreal as well. Expect very little improvement from Renault.
Montreal is a power track really though, they'll struggle since Renault engine is still down on Ferrari and Merc counterparts

I love Montreal, one of my favourite Grand Prix events on the calender.

Not a RBR friendly circuit, but they haven't done terribly the last couple of years (2015 being the worst result for the team in the last few years)

I'll keep referencing senna for the rest of the year because Daniel is in his class

The Italian and German team know the have to make a break early to keep Daniel son at bay. Daniel is a real threat now. This is the best redbull since vettels last championship.

When thier tires wear they won't get out the corners like the redbull will. So the power advantage will drop. You saw at Monaco they use tires heavier than Daniel.

A bit of rain a safety car or two and the rbr driven by Daniel comes into its own

Pressures on and Daniel can handle it. Fingerboy and cause I'm black can't

The last few years those two have been racing eachotheer knowing Daniel ain't a threat.

Shits changed. They have to race him and eachotheer and mistakes they will make.

I'll keep referencing senna for the rest of the year because Daniel is in his class

The Italian and German team know the have to make a break early to keep Daniel son at bay. Daniel is a real threat now. This is the best redbull since vettels last championship.

When thier tires wear they won't get out the corners like the redbull will. So the power advantage will drop. You saw at Monaco they use tires heavier than Daniel.

A bit of rain a safety car or two and the rbr driven by Daniel comes into its own

The last few years those two have been racing eachotheer knowing Daniel ain't a threat.

Shits changed. They have to race him and eachotheer and mistakes they will make.

Lewis and Sebastian have won 4 titles each. Senna has 3.
Daniel has won 7 races in his career. I think some people on here can get a bit carried away at times.

You could certainly make the argument he is the best overtaker on the grid currently, but comparing him to a couple of 4 time World Champions (not all of their WDCs were walks in the park either) and one of the all time greats is a tad ridiculous.

Lewis and Sebastian have won 4 titles each. Senna has 3.
Daniel has won 7 races in his career. I think some people on here can get a bit carried away at times.

You could certainly make the argument he is the best overtaker on the grid currently, but comparing him to a couple of 4 time World Champions (not all of their WDCs were walks in the park either) and one of the all time greats is a tad ridiculous.
You're entitled to your opinion mate.

But if you have to use fiddled stats and selective information to form your argument when there was no debate it means your ego was pricked

You're entitled to your opinion mate.

But if you have to use fiddled stats and selective information to form your argument when there was no debate it means your ego was pricked
What is soo fiddled about using Drivers World Championships as a marker of judging a race driver?
How about race wins ?

Hamilton 64 wins from 214 races.
Vettel 49 wins from 205 races.
Senna 41 wins from 162 races.

Ricciardo 7 wins from 132 races.

Daniel is having a great year, but its disrespectful to say that a hand full of race wins puts him in Senna's class.

What is soo fiddled about using Drivers World Championships as a marker of judging a race driver?
How about race wins ?

Daniel is having a great year, but its disrespectful to say that a hand full of race wins puts him in Senna's class.

:think:

F1 speed and action and your itchy nipple is very unnerving....lol :p

The're called tyres FFS.
There is no such language as American English.
We speak English.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only because McLaren had an Asian engine did senna get a big boys car. Honda wanted a race car driver and senna the best.

Look what the French did to stop Williams hiring him. Even Mansel agreed with senna saying they are cowards

Only 1 driver has got in the way of Ferrari and McLaren's dominance. Like senna did in the lotus

The rbr has been s**t for years

How about race wins ?

There's a lot more to how good a driver is than simply their finishing position. Some amazing drivers never got a good car under them, some "good average" drivers have world titles. I actually had no idea Dan had so many f1 starts - time flies!

After 132 races,
Hamilton 31 wins and 1 world championship
Vettel has 45 wins and 4 world championships
Senna had 36 wins and 3 world championships
Ricciardo has 7 wins and 0 world championships

if Ricciardo wins the next four titles, winning 57 of his next 82 races is he as good as Hamilton?
if Ricciardo wins the next four titles, winning 42 of his next 73 races is he as good as Vettel?
if Ricciardo win the next three titles, winning 34 of his next 30 races is he as good as Senna?

Any of the above would be domination on a scale never seen before (and in Senna's case impossible)

There's a lot more to how good a driver is than simply their finishing position. Some amazing drivers never got a good car under them, some "good average" drivers have world titles. I actually had no idea Dan had so many f1 starts - time flies!

After 132 races,

if Ricciardo wins the next four titles, winning 57 of his next 82 races is he as good as Hamilton?
if Ricciardo wins the next four titles, winning 42 of his next 73 races is he as good as Vettel?
if Ricciardo win the next three titles, winning 34 of his next 30 races is he as good as Senna?

Any of the above would be domination on a scale never seen before (and in Senna's case impossible)
There is no doubt that Dan could potentially do some damaging things in a title challenging car.
But until he has that opportunity, its silly to put him alongside Senna and others that have.

There is no doubt that Dan could potentially do some damaging things in a title challenging car.
But until he has that opportunity, its silly to put him alongside Senna and others that have.
See you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about and you're talking like you know what you're talking about

After 132 races,

As you said being in a good car makes a difference, however it's never been more telling than the current era. Mercedes winning 80% of races across 4 seasons is unrivalled, never mind the 88% they achieved between 2014-2016. Such dominance makes it hard for anyone else to get more than a few wins and unfortunately for Ricciardo this span has encompassed the duration of his time with Red Bull's main team. He's certainly more talented than the number of wins suggest, so if Red Bull can't give Ricciardo the car and engine needed to consistently challenge on the majority of tracks he needs to move elsewhere.

If you don't put that success in context, you then leave yourself open to criticism or ridicule.
Look what the French did to stop Williams hiring him. Even Mansel agreed with senna saying they are cowards
What are you taking about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back