Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had suspended posters since the beginning. It wasn't until Dubs was accepted after he was permabanned that mods stepped in with the new rule. I think if it's a day off, it was ok but a week-long suspension would incur one. Now that BOO's has lifted, this is where it gets a bit confusing.

We've had suspended posters since the beginning. It wasn't until Dubs was accepted after he was permabanned that mods stepped in with the new rule. I think if it's a day off, it was ok but a week-long suspension would incur one. Now that BOO's has lifted, this is where it gets a bit confusing.
Pretty much

Back One Out wasn't suspended if the round is still running they should still be in

From what he sent me it looked like he had been and MEB confirmed.

I'll put his nom back in.

ANyone who has boted already who would have given it votes or a billy may change their votes if they wish... also the previous botes/billies it recieved will be restored.

Last edited:
Weren't you one of the ones campaigning for Ninjaswan to be DQed when he was suspended?
The difference was the round hadn't started, so why include his nom?

I'm talking about when the playlist has been already been posted and some people have voted.
Twice I've had my nom removed like that... Why? I can still PM my votes to the host. I just can't play the next round.

Furthermore, Ninja posted the results with El Dubya's name amongst them (after we'd all been told by Starburns not to do that). The s**t hit the fan and he was suspended... Suspended for shenanigans in the Song Contest thread!!! It wasn't for some other crap elsewhere on the site... I personally thought he deserved a 4 week thread ban for messing us all around like that. Since when has it been kosher to take noms from people who aren't even on big Footy :drunk::drunk::drunk:

The difference was the round hadn't started, so why include his nom?

I'm talking about when the playlist has been already been posted and some people have voted.
Twice I've had my nom removed like that... Why? I can still PM my votes to the host. I just can't play the next round.

Furthermore, Ninja posted the results with El Dubya's name amongst them (after we'd all been told by Starburns not to do that). The s**t hit the fan and he was suspended... for shenanigans in the Song Contest thread!!! It wasn't for some crap elsewhere own the site... I personally thought he deserved a 4 week thread ban for messing us all around like that. Since when has it been kosher to take noms from people who aren't even on big Footy :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Droop's daughter went in a round once. That said, a big difference between that and accepting someone who had been booted from the site.

Droop's daughter went in a round once. That said, a big difference between that and accepting someone who had been booted from the site.
That was cool because Droop had the courtesy of asking us all nicely beforehand and we all agreed.

That was all in good faith.

He wasn't taking the piss like Ninja & El Dub

SC has returned to the level of maturity it once was at, but still retains its sense of humour, s**t-stirring and faux outrage. I think we are all adult and democratically minded enough to decide what should happen with red carded participants ourselves. I have no problem with them continuing to play but would prefer they relinquish hosting duties if they won whilst suspended.

Pretty much
Let's say I was still suspended for a week...

Can we just leave the playlist as it is, let the round play out and let the suspended poster PM their votes to the host?
They're not posting on the site. They're not joining in the next round while under suspension.

Probably doesn't matter much so much with my songs because nobody votes for them anyway :D
But if it happened to a song that was in contention for 1st/2nd/3rd, then disqualifying them would pretty much ruin the round for everyone

Let's just take the common-sense, logical path of least resistance, eh?

I personally can't see any harm in a carded poster sending one measly PM to the host (which they can do anyway while suspended. Last night I sent about 5 PM's while under suspension, including one to the host. :think:)

Last edited:

Can we just leave the playlist as it is, let the round play out and let the suspended poster PM their votes to the host?
They're not posting on the site. They're not joining in the next round while under suspension.

Probably doesn't matter much so much with my songs because nobody votes for them anyway :D
But if it happened to a song that was in contention for 1st/2nd/3rd, then disqualifying them would pretty much ruin the round for everyone

Let's just take the common sense, path of least resistance, eh?
I personally can't see any harm in someone sending a measly PM (which they can do anyway while suspended)

I have an even better idea....

Don't act like a knob and get yourself carded in the first place.

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did you include El Dubya's nom that 2nd time after Starburns warned everyone about it?
It wasn't Starburns it was actually Doss.

Maybe don't bring this up if you can't even remember it properly.

I personally can't see any harm in a carded poster sending one measly PM to the host (which they can do anyway while suspended. Last night I sent about 5 PM's while under suspension, including one to the host. :think:)
Mate you got a day off, no biggie in the grand scheme of things but if you get a week then you shouldn't be playing the SC for that week
If you don't want to ruin the game for others don't be a campaigner and get suspended for a week, simples.

What happened in the past isn't relevant here the rules for set out that if you're suspended you aren't eligible to play the game, don't give the host s**t for following the rules they can't tell the difference between a day off or a week or more off.

Once upon a time yes you could still PM your votes in red, but then we were explicitly told you were no longer allowed to do that after the Dub acolytes decided they would much rather suck his utensil then participate in the spirit we always had.

Mate you got a day off, no biggie in the grand scheme of things but if you get a week then you shouldn't be playing the SC for that week
If you don't want to ruin the game for others don't be a campaigner and get suspended for a week, simples.

What happened in the past isn't relevant here the rules for set out that if you're suspended you aren't eligible to play the game, don't give the host s**t for following the rules they can't tell the difference between a day off or a week or more off.
simples

Well, this is all your fault, dickhead

I know that much.
lol.

Don't even try and pretend that your situation is oh so much different because you were suspended elsewhere on the site and that's why you're outraged.

You whinged non-stop about how if people voted for me their votes would be wasted (who the * cares about where the songs you vote for finish anyway) and how I needed to be removed because I wasn't able to vote anyway, yet when you go and get suspended it's an absolute travesty your nom has been removed from the round.

Maybe it's time to go and get yourself another day off before you embarrass yourself further, you seem to be pretty good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back