Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Yes, an odd thread choice given our current season, but it's riding out the bad times that makes these good times so much better. Luckily as a club we've been quite successful and never had an extended bad run ala Carlton, Brisbane, GC etc.

My lowest point as a supporter would've been 2008. No more Judd, no more Cousins. We won our first game but it all went to s**t after that. Lost about 7 in a row by huge margins, including a spanking by a Judd led Carlton at home. I was 13 and I'd only ever seen the Eagles as at the very least, a finals team (too young to remember the Judge era). 2008 was hard to take for me.

2010, our first spoon, wasn't as bad a year as 2008 IMO. We were more competitive, had a lot of injuries and were pumping games into some kids. 2008 was just a s**t stain of a year from all involved. So many floggings.

What's your lowest point you've felt as a supporter?

Whatever year it was where Geelong demolished us at Subi by more than 100 points. Bomber Thompson seen eating a sandwich in the coaches box during the game (munchies?).

I made sure to watch it until the final siren, moments like that are what makes you as a fan IMO.

If you can stick to the club and endure all the bad times, then it just makes the good time even sweeter.

Whatever year it was where Geelong demolished us at Subi by more than 100 points. Bomber Thompson seen eating a sandwich in the coaches box during the game (munchies?).

I made sure to watch it until the final siren, moments like that are what makes you as a fan IMO.

If you can stick to the club and endure all the bad times, then it just makes the good time even sweeter.
2008, 28.14.182 to 5.17.47. Such a vivid memory for me. Lecca kicked 3 but not much else went right.

On field, 2005 GF where we lost after leading by two goals in the last quarter in a low scoring game with all the momentum.

Off field, end of 2007 with straight sets finals exit, Mainy's death and Judd leaving.
And as a Freo fan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving to Melbourne Jan 2007 and finding SEN and Bigfooty. Then all hell broke loose at the club and the the next 3 years you couldnt open a paper or turn on the radio or jump on the internet without it being all about the Eagles. Mainy passing away was the lowest point. Judd leaving didnt bother me, I felt that was always on the cards.
Individual games definitely the 2005 GF loss, it stung more because Barry Hall shouldn’t have been there.

2015 was probably the most disappointed I've been over a single event.

Just absolutely flat, the game was over halfway through. We had shown so much better before that and yet we completely crumbled.

Off field, deaths.

On field, was the 1st game of 2016 (round 2) against the Hawks after losing the GF the previous year.

Everyone thought we would come out breathing fire against the Hawks yet it was one of the most meek, fearful and nervous displays I have even seen the Eagles play.

God it made me ashamed to be an Eagles supporter.

2010 I have to say. Whenever you've won the spoon, you genuinely are the laughing stock of the competition. Shows how strong the teams were in 2010 though, think we won 5 yet still finished bottom.

What annoyed me the most was Port who finished with 4 wins for the year in 2011 managed to avoid the spoon because of gold coast.

I voted 2008 but it was really the period between 2007 & 2008. Going out in straight sets, Juddy leaving, then to hear about Mainy.

Then to top it all off; to then drop off the face of the earth with our competitiveness in 2008 was just another kick in the guts.

It’s kind of the reason that I like what we’ve done in the last 12 months. We’ve changed our look, we’ve regenerated the list. For mine I feel like I’m supporting the club I did as a kid, we stand for something now.

Back