The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Given it a few listens now and I am just not feeling it. Personally think Ye is average i’d say his worst album yet.

Last edited:
While it lacks the special feel that other Kanye releases have, its still a very nice listen.

Kanye said he had another album done but scrapped it and made this after the TMZ incident.

Solid album.

The only weak point is the start of "I thought about killing you" which came across as trying to sound deep like something written by an angsty teen on Myspace back in the day. However, the start of his verse when he comes in with "I called up my loved ones, I called up my cousins, I called up the muslims" I almost threw my phone across the room in excitement.

Best songs are Wouldn't Leave and Ghost Town

Hows the 90s treating you?

Well, thanks. It was a pretty diverse crowd age-wise so if you didn't go because you thought it was for old men, you missed out. Plenty of youngsters who knew their s**t and were rapping along to 80s and 90s classics. I went with my 18 year old daughter and she had a great time.

Well, thanks. It was a pretty diverse crowd age-wise so if you didn't go because you thought it was for old men, you missed out. Plenty of youngsters who knew their s**t and were rapping along to 80s and 90s classics. I went with my 18 year old daughter and she had a great time.
I’m only messing with you, I actually like raekwon quite a bit. He’s not on “kardashians” level though.

Ye is fine, but can't help but feel that almost all of the tracks have been done by him in the past, and better.

Gone back to back where the peaks have been non-kanye - chance/ultralight, 070 shake/ghost town. Give me No Mistakes w/ Charlie and that Hey Young World sample too. Violent Crimes is a rapper's cliche, but how detailed it is and just completely unaware is pretty off-putting tbh.

He's not going to put out anything bad, but I'd like to see him just get back to a complete, carefully constructed LP instead of trying to mythologise his artistry with two-week productions or multiple revisions.

Black Thought's EP is more deserving of your attention.

He did it again. I really enjoyed KSG on first few listens. I didn't even initially enjoy ye that much.

As a project, DAYTONA/ye/KIDS SEE GHOST is bloody strong. Hopefully Nas and Teyana can finish it off strong. Got a good feeling about Nas featuring Kanye production.

You sound like a cool dad.

My old prefers The Animals and Steve Earle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound like a cool dad.

My old prefers The Animals and Steve Earle.

My kids were exposed to plenty of 80s and 90s hiphop growing up but I also fed them plenty of other genres as well (even stuff I don't personally like but recognise as good music). The daughter that went to the concert with me is actually more into folky stuff but she loves Uncle Ricky. My youngest is a much bigger hiphop fan and once she turns 18, I'll go with her to whoever is hot and touring in 2020.

Ye is 50% boring singing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam + Eve beat is ******* great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back