SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite keen for this year. Hopefully Wednesday pull their finger out and live up to the potential.
Going to be an interesting year to watch with Aston Villa i reckon, how they pull up

Quite keen for this year. Hopefully Wednesday pull their finger out and live up to the potential.
Going to be an interesting year to watch with Aston Villa i reckon, how they pull up
Might be tough for them with apparent FFP trouble. Terry gone, Snodgrass loan spell ended, Grealish may be sold etc.

Isn’t Brentford building a new stadium? They need it with only a 12,000 capacity.

Might be tough for them with apparent FFP trouble. Terry gone, Snodgrass loan spell ended, Grealish may be sold etc.

Yeah they spent like £115 million on wages last year, and need to cut it down to about £45 mil. Going to be interesting to see how that works!

Yeah they spent like £115 million on wages last year, and need to cut it down to about £45 mil. Going to be interesting to see how that works!
How many players on their books? 30 players works out to be about 75k a week, seems a lot.

Looking forward to Leeds once again not being in the premier league...

Might be a blessing in disguise for Villa. Gives them a good chance at a fresh start.

Think some of these clubs are starting to realise that just throwing money at players doesn't seem to be working.

Isn't that what Wolves did? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swansea fan reporting in. I have a bad feeling about this....

It’s funny reading about Hernandez on twitter. A lot of Hull fans annoyed he’s moving to a ‘rival’ and a lot of Leeds fans claiming there’s no rivalry with Hull haha. Reminds me a lot of us with Derby/Forest. We hate them but they don’t really seem too fussed by us.

Sounds like Bielsa and Abel Hernandez could both be quite close. As is a new kit

Bielsa would be some appointment if it happens. I think we got linked to Hernandez again - one of those players who seems to get linked to us quite often. If I remember correctly, his twitter farewell seemed to hint he was leaving against his wishes so might be Leeds' gain if you can sign him up.

It’s funny reading about Hernandez on twitter. A lot of Hull fans annoyed he’s moving to a ‘rival’ and a lot of Leeds fans claiming there’s no rivalry with Hull haha. Reminds me a lot of us with Derby/Forest. We hate them but they don’t really seem too fussed by us.

Yeah I guess it doesn't help we don't have a proper local rival so we've focussed on Leeds the last few years.

The funniest was them insisting they were a bigger/better club for us over the last decade when we spent the majority of it finishing above them or in a higher league.

(Yes of course historically they are a much bigger/better club, I'm talking the last decade in particular)

Yeah I guess it doesn't help we don't have a proper local rival so we've focussed on Leeds the last few years.

The funniest was them insisting they were a bigger/better club for us over the last decade when we spent the majority of it finishing above them or in a higher league.

(Yes of course historically they are a much bigger/better club, I'm talking the last decade in particular)

Sometimes history is all some fans can hold on to.

We're probably still a "bigger" club (though I'll unhappily :p be proven wrong), but over the past decade, no rational argument could be made for better as far as performance goes

Bielsa and Hernandez would be a good start to the summer though

Yeah totally get that. Our closest rivals are probably Coventry but it’s just not that much fun when you’re so far apart in the league. It is the one thing I wish we had, a proper rivalry that went both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back